SpiritFlyer

Does Track IR Work in P3D v 4.5?

Posted (edited)

Hello Risktakers!

I am hoping that others have found the secret for even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software, installed the redist simconnects, plugged and unplugged, run as admin and all that (multiple times), it just goes crazy jumping around like a demented ballet dancer.

Mind you, I just changed client and content from 4.4 to 4.5, in case that makes a difference. Has anyone else been successful? Thank you for reading!

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Edited by SpiritFlyer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No problem here, I use chaseplane. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

No problem here, I use chaseplane. 

With TIR?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, odourboy said:

With TIR?

Yea sorry, TIR is working perfectly for me in 4.5 

• Like 1

Ron,

Are you using Track IR with Chaseplane, or as a stand alone?

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

I’m using TIR and chase plane in V4.5 and it works very well as usual🙂

• Upvote 2

Work fine here : P3D v4.5 + TrackIR software v5.4 (with an Old TrackIR device v4) 

• Upvote 1

No probs here with Chaseplane + TIR

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

Hello Risktakers!

I am hoping that others have found the secret for even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest software, installed the redist simconnects, plugged and unplugged, run as admin and all that (multiple times), it just goes crazy jumping around like a demented ballet dancer.

Mind you, I just changed client and content from 4.4 to 4.5, in case that makes a difference. Has anyone else been successful? Thank you for reading!

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Use exe from :\Prepar3Dv4\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib . Reboot PC.

Edited by YoYo
  • Upvote 1

Trackir has always worked with fs9, fsx and P3D. (since the first version)
If you have a problem it is always the same problem, you have a light source that interferes with your camera.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, guibru said:

Trackir has always worked with fs9, fsx and P3D. (since the first version)
If you have a problem it is always the same problem, you have a light source that interferes with your camera.

Black stockings wrapped around the camera will do the trick!

• Upvote 1

Problem can occurred as well with Simconnect issue. I guess it's why some ask about 4.5 compatiblity... Better safe than sorry;)

• Upvote 1

That is why I am asking. I have been a Track IR user and AVSIM adherent for a long time and have answered these type of Track IR questions asked by others from time to time. For whatever reason, I cannot get Track IR to work with P3D v 4.5 doing all the steps I suggested in my opening post. 

Here are a couple of questions for those who use Track IR with Chaseplane software:

1. Does the interconnection work with Chaseplane software, or Track IR software, or both. Is there a link that explains that? 

2. If Track IR does not work stand alone on my machine, should it work with Chaseplane if I buy it and installed?

Kind regards, and thank you for your patience.

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

Chaseplane renames two of Trackir's manifest files so head movement is intercepted by Chaseplane.  Is it possible you have/had a different program that does the same thing?  In all the different versions of P3D, I've never had an issue with  Trackir.  I know that doesn't help,  but if anything comes to mind I'll pass it along. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You know, there is no fool like an old fool!

I went back and read some of my old posts helping others make Track IR work in FSX, all the P3Ds and realized something, I am a know it all who knew it all, or so I thought. I got to thinking, if I once knew, I would not forget so easily, so I stopped reading what myself and my friends think, and read what strangers wrote, the Track IR manual. Guess what? 5 minutes! Just 5 minutes later I knew what was wrong!

Guibru had nailed it, but hey, when someone is both proud and dumb at the same time, there is not much than can be done until one of those two things change. There is a large portrait of the Titanic that sits on the opposite wall from my 55 inch curved screen with the Track IR sitting on top. Yes, since it is a fine portrait it has tempered glass and frame protecting it. Yes, although not very shiny it reflects some light.

I had 3 ways of handling this thread at this stage:

1. Let it die without a whisper and hoped my local friends did not read it.

2. Lie and say I found a software or procedural solution of some sort.

3. Tell the truth that the Titanic had sunk my flight sim.

Who ever thought that the Titanic would sink my flight sim? Well, believe it or not, covering the picture of the ship with a spare pillow case fixed my airplane Who would have ever thought?

http://www.pastforward.ca/perspectives/images/titanic2.jpg   

Kindest regards, and thanks for the help!

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

• Like 1

Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I can’t get TrackIR to work in 4.5. I did a client update yesterday, and prior to the upgrade, TIR hd been working fine in 4.4 with Chaseplane. I haven’t made any other changes, but it won’t work in P3D. I have run both TIR and P3D as administrator, and run all of the simconnect MSI’s. TIR works in all my other sims, so I don’t think it’s on that end. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Hi Chunk,

Track IR does work well in P3D vs 4.5. I did have some initial trouble but did a few things and it now works perfectly. I am not saying all these things are exactly what must happen, but after doing each, it started working and still is as slick as greased lightning. :)

Make sure 4.5 and any hotfixes installed. Make sure the latest drivers are installed for your video card.

Run all the appropriate Simconnect software found in the P3D 4.5 root Redist file.

Clear everything from computer (I use pro CCleaner).

Unplug your TrackIR device and uninstall the (latest) TrackIR software. Restart the computer, plug in the TrackIR and reinstall the TrackIR software and choose settings.

Start Track IR, start P3D, see the green lights and enjoy.

Hope that helps you.

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the tips, Stephen. None of them worked however. 

All I wanted to do was update to 4.5. Three hours later, still haven’t flown. Gonna take an extended break from P3D. 

Thank you again for the advice, wished it would’ve worked. 

*** RESOLVED ***

The latest experimental release from ChasePlane was the culprit. Thanks again for replying Stephen. 

Edited by Chunk
  • Like 1

Works fine for me, but I had to set the shortcut to run as administrator for it to work.