Sign in to follow this  
tutmeister

Concorde even closer

Very amateur they can't fix their links to now defunct Google +.

Don't care if their links are incorrect. If the plane looks and flies as well as the video I'm buying.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:58 PM, sanh said:

Don't care if their links are incorrect. If the plane looks and flies as well as the video I'm buying.

The video showed nothing in terms of the quality of the flight model. A delta winged aircraft has totally different handling to a conventional aircraft.

I wonder if they had any input from real-world Concorde pilots. Essential if you’re going to get an accurate flight model. The FS Labs Concorde for FSX / P3D did have that input. It also has a fully working Flight Engineer’s panel whereas this will not be added unless there is sufficient take-up on this one.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Cant wait for this to release - even if it's not finished yet. It looks absolutely amazing, and after reading the thread about it on the .org, I'm pretty certain the developer will continue to imporve it. Colimata has issued a .pfd with a detailed description of what is, and is not, in the early access model.

It's nowhere near the FSLabs as far as system goes, in it's current state, but it will certainly look better, and hopefully perform better as well.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:06 AM, Arthur42417 said:

3, 2, 1 NOISE😄

It was actually 3-2-1-Now. Done so everyone on the flight deck was aware the take-off had commenced as all 3 had responsibilities.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Will be following this project. The FS Labs version was really nice and I would love to have something like that in X-plane. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It's out now, in early access. $50

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Anyone got it yet? I'm kind of thinking about it but early access is kind of scary.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Yeh waiting for some  reviews. I don't mind if it's not fslabs level. I want to fly the plane. Not simulate failures like a faulty pump.

Edited by sanh

1 hour ago, sanh said:

Yeh waiting for some  reviews. I don't mind if it's not fslabs level. I want to fly the plane. Not simulate failures like a faulty pump.

It will be interesting to read how the CG is maintained from take-off after which fuel needs to be pumpred rearwards until 59% is achieved and then at ToD when it needs pumping forward again. CG is around 53% at take-off moving to 59% during cruise and then forward to around 52% on landing.

Without CG moving correctly the whole balance of the aircraft is affected. Remember, Concorde had no elevators or ailerons to maintain balance. Fuel was pumped around to maintain CG. If the model doesn't simulate this action then it won't fly correctly.

Have fun!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It will be interesting to read how the CG is maintained from take-off after which fuel needs to be pumpred rearwards until 59% is achieved and then at ToD when it needs pumping forward again. CG is around 53% at take-off moving to 59% during cruise and then forward to around 52% on landing.

Without CG moving correctly the whole balance of the aircraft is affected. Remember, Concorde had no elevators or ailerons to maintain balance. Fuel was pumped around to maintain CG. If the model doesn't simulate this action then it won't fly correctly.

Have fun!

What they'll need is a pop-up slider to move the CG fore and aft.  Anything's possible in Flight Sim.

Edited by olderndirt

It has been (pre) released now. Eager Access :laugh:

....it has very limited autopilot systems. 

Edited by Scarp

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

What they'll need is a pop-up slider to move the CG fore and aft.  Anything's possible in Flight Sim.

Eeeek! It sounds like a very poor solution.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather