Very amateur they can't fix their links to now defunct Google +.

Don't care if their links are incorrect. If the plane looks and flies as well as the video I'm buying.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:58 PM, sanh said:

Don't care if their links are incorrect. If the plane looks and flies as well as the video I'm buying.

The video showed nothing in terms of the quality of the flight model. A delta winged aircraft has totally different handling to a conventional aircraft.

I wonder if they had any input from real-world Concorde pilots. Essential if you’re going to get an accurate flight model. The FS Labs Concorde for FSX / P3D did have that input. It also has a fully working Flight Engineer’s panel whereas this will not be added unless there is sufficient take-up on this one.

• Upvote 1

Cant wait for this to release - even if it's not finished yet. It looks absolutely amazing, and after reading the thread about it on the .org, I'm pretty certain the developer will continue to imporve it. Colimata has issued a .pfd with a detailed description of what is, and is not, in the early access model.

It's nowhere near the FSLabs as far as system goes, in it's current state, but it will certainly look better, and hopefully perform better as well.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:06 AM, Arthur42417 said:

3, 2, 1 NOISE😄

It was actually 3-2-1-Now. Done so everyone on the flight deck was aware the take-off had commenced as all 3 had responsibilities.

• Like 2

Will be following this project. The FS Labs version was really nice and I would love to have something like that in X-plane. 

Posted (edited)

Yeh waiting for some  reviews. I don't mind if it's not fslabs level. I want to fly the plane. Not simulate failures like a faulty pump.

Edited by sanh

1 hour ago, sanh said:

Yeh waiting for some  reviews. I don't mind if it's not fslabs level. I want to fly the plane. Not simulate failures like a faulty pump.

It will be interesting to read how the CG is maintained from take-off after which fuel needs to be pumpred rearwards until 59% is achieved and then at ToD when it needs pumping forward again. CG is around 53% at take-off moving to 59% during cruise and then forward to around 52% on landing.

Without CG moving correctly the whole balance of the aircraft is affected. Remember, Concorde had no elevators or ailerons to maintain balance. Fuel was pumped around to maintain CG. If the model doesn't simulate this action then it won't fly correctly.

Have fun!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It will be interesting to read how the CG is maintained from take-off after which fuel needs to be pumpred rearwards until 59% is achieved and then at ToD when it needs pumping forward again. CG is around 53% at take-off moving to 59% during cruise and then forward to around 52% on landing.

Without CG moving correctly the whole balance of the aircraft is affected. Remember, Concorde had no elevators or ailerons to maintain balance. Fuel was pumped around to maintain CG. If the model doesn't simulate this action then it won't fly correctly.

Have fun!

What they'll need is a pop-up slider to move the CG fore and aft.  Anything's possible in Flight Sim.

Edited by olderndirt

Posted (edited)

It has been (pre) released now. Eager Access :laugh:

....it has very limited autopilot systems. 

Edited by Scarp

7 hours ago, olderndirt said:

What they'll need is a pop-up slider to move the CG fore and aft.  Anything's possible in Flight Sim.

Eeeek! It sounds like a very poor solution.

At the moment you have a virtual engeneer and you can tell him to trim for the various phases ie. ground, take-off, flight, decent and landing. The manual says that atm the engeneer panel has the basic functions but I don't know what that entails.

@Scarp, whilst I applaud the efforts of the developer to create such a complex aircraft it does sound as though significant compromises have been made to the FE’s panel and the technicalities of balancing the fuel throughout the various phases of a flight. I will be very interested to hear how testing goes given a beta version is being made available.

I suspect the “basic functions” mean switches will move but not actually have any effect.

Concorde had 13 fuel tanks and it required the full attention of the FE throughout the flight. How this works out will be fascinating.

Well it is an early access, or as I call it: eager access because it's very bare bone at the moment. Meaning this is for those who just can't wait and just want something to play with. But they have ambitions of adding functions as they go along, and increasing the price as they do, if you want to read more about it here's a link where your can read more about it and download the current "essentials" user guide (I asume it's the same that comes with the product). And you can browse through the devs forum (same link) and read what the beta testers and launch customers (he he) have to say.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/179675-infos-and-update-files/ 

I hope they improve their audio mastering. I have the Colimata Hornet, and while the 3D sound is complex, the mastering is really bad - completely flat with no bass. Flying a jet with no oomph really breaks the immersion.

1 hour ago, Scarp said:

Well it is an early access, or as I call it: eager access because it's very bare bone at the moment. Meaning this is for those who just can't wait and just want something to play with. But they have ambitions of adding functions as they go along, and increasing the price as they do, if you want to read more about it here's a link where your can read more about it and download the current "essentials" user guide (I asume it's the same that comes with the product). And you can browse through the devs forum (same link) and read what the beta testers and launch customers (he he) have to say.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/179675-infos-and-update-files/ 

Thanks. I've had a read of the posts but unless I register I cannpt read the supplied PDF. It's not a problem as I'm unlikely to switch to XP preferring to stay with P3D and await the FSL version.

But I was curious about its development so thanks for the link.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:02 PM, Colonel X said:

I heard it's out?

Yes, it's out!

Jean-Jacques