pracines

New ATC voice database coming to FSX

It is certainly a large undertaking if the comparison table is anything to go by. The robotic voices will take a bit of getting used to IMO, but the different accents are welcomed. Colour me interested as it were.

I notice someone has already commented regarding the use of "dot" rather than "point" or "decimal". I also picked up on "red back correct" rather than it being pronounced "reed back correct". Early days though. 

Not really impressed with this offering.  The voices are clear but sound fake and robotic.

Kudos for the effort, though.

Dave

13 hours ago, Capt Speirs said:

That is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry, no can do.

I agree 100%. The British accent in the US is also a no--no. Nice attempt but needs a lot of work. Bob.

Interesting project however i think it sounds slightly more robotic that then default ATC we already have. I for one am pretty impressed with the sound of the default ATC, even P3D has not managed to update the original yet.

So far the software includes  (my emphasis) the British, US and Australian accents. I would hope that implies a few more...

The voice is too robotic, which would be fine for ATIS, but not correct for ATC.