Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Which One: PMDG 747, FSLabs 320 or MaddogX

Which One: PMDG 747, FSLabs 320 or MaddogX  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Help me choose which bird to buy?

• PMDG 747-400 v3 (Base release for now)
    • MaddogX
    • FSLabs 320 (Base release)

I’ll stick my neck out and say none. Why buy the A320 when it’s not that dissimilar to the B738? Same with the 747 compared to the 777.

If you really want something different then wait for FSL Concorde. It will be 64-bit and the virtual cockpit will be transformed from the 32-bit one heavily compromised to keep VAS low.

Cruise at 23 miles a minute. Overtake a 747 at 750mph and descend at up to 7000 feet per minute! 🤪 On top of which it is a beautiful looking aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

They are all amazing. The FSL is probably the one you'll get the most use out of in terms of variety of real world routes and airlines. The 747 obviously can't go to a lot of places due to its sheer size and long haul in the sim is rarely a lot of fun. The Mad Dog is incredible but is largely a USA only option and is vanishing day by day. 

They're all top class, study level sims. You won't be disappointed with any of them. 

• Like 3

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

FSLabs A320 is soooo adictive. I still love my NGX (and cant wait for the NG3) but at this moment in time, i cant stop flying the bus. Quality aircraft.

• Like 2

Chris Howard

FSL is amazing, I rarely fly anything else and I’m typically more of a “survey” simmer, switching aircraft frequently.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

FSL319/320 is IN MY OPINION the best Airliner Addon for ANY flightsim easily. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

They are all great, I own all of them. 

• Upvote 1

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

FSLabs A320, FSLabs A320 or FSLabs A320.
Right, you might also think of FSLabs A320.

Seriously though, you'd better buy A320 now, because when A321 is out, you will have to make another poll ('FSLabs A320 or FSLabs A321'). 😛

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

FSL319/320 is IN MY OPINION the best Airliner Addon for ANY flightsim easily. 

Yes.  Easily.  It's not even close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 331BK said:

They are all great, I own all of them. 

I agree with this too.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

It’s a great time to be a flightsimmer when wonderful aircraft like the PMDG 747 and the maddog languish in my hanger because I can’t stop flying the A320!

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Why buy the A320 when it’s not that dissimilar to the B738?

If you're talking real life then yes, they're both short/medium haul aircraft. But, add-on wise, how can you honestly compare the depth, fidelity and immersion and difference (systems-wise) of the FSL bus with the B738 (irrespective of developer)?  🤨

• Upvote 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

Im actually suprised by this poll.

Wouldn't you guys think the PMDG 747 would dominate...I seriously thought I was in the minority with my opinion! 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

18 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

If you're talking real life then yes, they're both short/medium haul aircraft. But, add-on wise, how can you honestly compare the depth, fidelity and immersion and difference (systems-wise) of the FSL bus with the B738 (irrespective of developer)?  🤨

Whatever the technical marvels of either aircraft are and I applaud both developers for their skilful work the fact remains both of them have a cruise speed of roughly M0.8 and cruise around FL350-400.

Then compare their performance to Concorde. Let’s ignore the vast difference in cruise speed for the moment. Fuel management in Concorde was a job in itself. 13 fuel tanks to control and moving that fuel around to maintain a correct CG. That is modelled in the current 32-bit version and will be carried over to the new one. Try navigating and managing the fuel. That is a real skill and means you’re never sitting there on a flight twiddling your thumbs.

Concorde is probably technically superior to either of those subsonic snails. The reason being it introduced things 50 years ago that are still current like carbon fibre brakes, fly by wire and supersonic flight without reheat. Actually the last one remains unique to Concorde since even military jets can not accelerate without reheat.

Concorde could accelerate from Mach 0.95 to Mach 1.7 in around 8 minutes. It would reach Mach 2 in another 5-10 mins at 50,000ft. When you don’t have to pay for the fuel what’s the problem?

If you can fly a 737 you can probably fly the other aircraft listed. But Concorde is a completely different animal and it has a steep learning curve. But once mastered .... wow! 😁

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

As a long time PMDG fan,I have to say Flight Sim Labs A320 is now the most immersive airliner, PMDG has to play catch up.I am fully immersed in learning all I can about the Bus.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

You're missing my point, Ray. I was just responding to your observation of the 320 not being too dissimilar to the 738.

Comparing either of them to the Concorde...where did that come from? 😁

• Like 3

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.