Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

You calling me arrogant is even more hilarious.

I suggest you ask around in the community about me before doing such statements.

Regards,

Simbol

Look, that's fine and I'm okay with how you feel right now.

Up until today I was in Transition from FSX to P3D V4.5 - starting to compile Addon purchases, etc.

Hell, I spent a load of money on Addons over the years. (Don't ask me how much!)

The fact of the matter is that MS are reclaiming this - and that's great - yes, even for you - a new SDK - possibly.

But the licensing will be different  and I think that's what's needed.

It will sort the wheat from the chaff - ---

Do your best to be The Wheat.

BTW, Humility is the benchmark of wisdom in Life.

Edited by Guest

17 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

He's completely right. I now have zero interest in any other flight sim. FS2020 is light years beyond anything on the market today, and that's a stock sim. 

Not only that, imagine the joy of a platform that actually has almost everything you'd need out of the box? Imagine not having to buy trees, clouds, textures, effects, effects for planes, meshes, landclass products, regions, photoscenery products, weather engines, AI, camera addons to cover over an abysmal default system, software to modify shaders and probably lots more. What a joy that would be.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

He's completely right. I now have zero interest in any other flight sim. FS2020 is light years beyond anything on the market today, and that's a stock sim. 

Careful this is marketing, sometimes we developers simply call them liars. You have to use them with a grain of salt. It isn't even that they are evil in some cases they simply can't get around the problems. They have to show how the finished product might look like when there isn't finished code available.

It is an idea that they have, but how this will work? One of the problems is simply the amount of data that you will stream from their servers. I am not really sure if a simple pass idean will work. They might even have to go this far to charge according to your amount of data.and then you have the question do you want 3rd party developers? How can they offer their products. For several flightsim stores this will simply be doomsday.

It is simply the problem of their size. Every decision that they will make will have consequences even if they don't want to harm anybody. Right now it is simply an idea that they have, but how it will develop remains to be seen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

This is how you feel now and I understand it, I also loves what we have seen so far.

But we haven't used it yet, your feelings might change in the future, looks are very important but immersion as well, it is what keeps you interested in your hobby and if this is lacking the loves for the looks tends to slow down and boredom kicks in.. 

We love flying simulation because it makes us feel we are pilots, not just because it looks amazing, that is the point I am trying to express.

At least it is my opinion as USER of flying simulators for over 20 years.

Regards,

Simbol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

My main hope from the MSFS devs is that they don’t spend much time in forums like this trying to plan their way forward.

Many of us are very open, but far too many are way too wedded to the past and how it used to be and, more relevant, how it developed over time in a void of no new simulation software being released.

Everyone got too used to the 3rd parties having to do so many things that should have been baked in from the get go.

I applaud 3rd parties for filling that void and making businesses out of it, but it’s actually in everyone’s best interest to not have a third party trying to make weather depiction acceptable (as just one example).

The surprise nature of this announcement has me really encouraged that they know what they are doing and going big and ambitious here.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Longranger said:

It is an idea that they have, but how this will work? One of the problems is simply the amount of data that you will stream from their servers. I am not really sure if a simple pass idean will work. They might even have to go this far to charge according to your amount of data.and then you have the question do you want 3rd party developers? How can they offer their products. For several flightsim stores this will simply be doomsday.

It is simply the problem of their size. Every decision that they will make will have consequences even if they don't want to harm anybody. Right now it is simply an idea that they have, but how it will develop remains to be seen.

I venture to say that this is way way beyond the "Idea" stage.  Looks like it has been in the works for at least a couple of years.  You could not take an "Idea" and have it ready to release by holidays 2020 regardless of how big and rich you are.  A totally new flight simulator that covers the entire world with accurate satellite scenery, revamped weather modelling, working ATC, multiple aircraft and systems, etc. Hell, they could have been working on this since 2014 or earlier.  

Lastly, keep in mind that "Flight" was simply named "Flight", hence the casual aspect of that disaster.  "Simulator" was never in the name of that title so simulation was not implied, but only interpreted by the hopeful community.  It is in the title now once again.  We can read into that whatever we choose but I'm going to lean in on MS for this one.

Edited by CarlHill
missed word
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, pmb said:

did get a "Coming soon" question mark, which wasn't there in the beginning. So there *might* be a possibility to more directly communicate with the crew in the future.

Yeah, that definitely changed.  Haha, sure hope they know what they are doing by opening a forum with a vocal community!  🙂

I bet it won't' take 24 hours for a thread called "Potential release date of first beta" to start fighting over xplane 11 vs P3D, then FS Labs vs Flight Factor and finally morph into reddit vs avsim.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, cargomaster said:

A funny thought just came to me. Maybe it's not Bing that the new FSX world is based on but the Outerra one. It looks eerily like something out of the Outerra videos. I am no expert on this, but someone here with more knowledge on this could comment.

That certainly shows great potential, you might be onto something here.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

I think the way GamePass will work, is, you get the base game for free while you subscribe. Any expansion, add-ons, ect will be a separate one time purchase and NOT included in the GamePass sub. This is how other game publishers generally handle this sort of subscription based service. 

I'm sure it will be available as a stand alone purchase as well via digital download and possibly at local retailers or even via Amazon. It's to early to know for sure if there will be a physical box and even then it might just be a code in the box to claim the digital download version

I don't see a problem MSFS and XPLANE have coexisted over 20 years no problem, P3D was created by LM to compliment there business model not in the same market all will survive, I will still use P3D even if I buy the new sim  

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Am i the only one who doesn't care about getting existing addons into this new sim?
I'll rather see something new. I can use old stuff on old sims.

Edited by france89
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 9

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 minutes ago, france89 said:

Am i the only one who doesn't care to get existing addons into this new sim?

No you are not. As long as we see good add-ons coming to the new sim, I don't really care who's developing what. 

I really don't care if Microsoft is aiming to a totally free ecosystem or not, as long as they are bringing good add-ons/dlcs to compliment their base sim. 

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Well we have entered into the "Theater of the Absurd" in three short days. LOL Now we have a guy having you imagine one program that gives us gigi-gogal amounts of data, weather, AI, and god knows what else and get rid of Add ons  and scenery Devs manage our files for us and more. This all comes out of a less than 2 min promo by some marketing clown and I guess it will only cost $39.95. No wonder MS thinks they are going to be shooting blind fish in a barrel. 

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

6 minutes ago, france89 said:

Am i the only one who doesn't care about getting existing addons into this new sim?

Not one bit. I've bought a lot of great products but I won't miss a single one of them going forward. I'm ready for new developers and products.

In the same vein, if a third party paid economy springs up, I hope a fresh platform and reinvigorated support also means more competitive pricing and some community passion. Then we'll see a lot more high-quality freeware projects akin to what's happening on the X-Plane side, instead of every word not allowed thing having to be paid for, even the most mundane stuff.

• Like 9

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

This thread is definitely entertaining to read.  I figure I'll add my misc ramblings to the cause.  I am an old school casual simmer.  Am I crazy that I kind of like where I'm at as far as P3Dv4? I get in my RealAir DukeB60 v2 or my F1 BN-2 Islander and fly from point a to point b, yeah, I see things that look strange, but I also see things that look somewhat real - a tree, a house, a road, clouds, sun and stars, rain, snow, etc.  I see lights at night and I see great freeware airports, great payware airports and even some photoreal stuff here and about that I've acquired throughout the years.  Yes, my system will make stutter or two occasionally or I'll have a crash sometimes, I reboot and hit it again for days and weeks on end with no issues and everything is hunky dory in my world.  I like everything about my current set-up to include all my payware/freeware aircraft and sceneries that very talented people developed and shared with this hobby. The only eye candy I care about in my sim is what I can see in the VC and when I taxi about to take-off or park.  Everything else I could care less about - although I like the weather stuff too.  A functioning aircraft that has good sound and flight dynamics (to which I'm no expert and I most likely wouldn't know the difference if it smacked me in the grill) and lots of buttons to click and handles to pull.  Anyway, my point is, I'm old and set in my ways and I like flying in P3D, I like flying in XP11 also.  I'm glad MS is trying to get to get us to that next level, but quite frankly, they gonna have to pry my cheapass yoke from my cold dead hands if they're gonna go to real time streaming and pay to play whatever.  I went out and bought another scenery today in celebration of my resistance to change on this.  I think I will go buy a new airplane to tootle around in and enjoy what I have while I can, because, one-day, all this stuff is gonna be gone.  Again, don't get me wrong, I'm glad we see the rumblings of a possible the next gen sim, but as for me and mine, I'm gonna keep supporting these cool devs that keep us in our sim seats day in and day out, until the worms come to eat my carcass from the depths of the dirt.  Diddy

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy