Sign in to follow this  
simmerhead

Screenshot comparison - FSX vs FS2020

35 minutes ago, Wink207 said:

Very instructive and helpful. Do any of the shots of FSX include UTX, GEX, Autogen upgrades, and something like Genesis?

Thank you all.

Rick

No. FSX is clean, but P3D shots are with ORBX Global series. 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Nice comparisons!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good look at the big differences, I'm beginning ? (being optimistic) to believe MSFS is going to give the community what it wants, good scenery, good AI, ATC, open SDK, option to buy stand alone PC version from Game Pass,  gonna have to do something big here to win back trust and compete with other offerings,  might not like buying addons again but that's progress from 06', time to move forward, and you can stay with FSX/P3D if you want.

Edited by jymp
  • Like 1

When even my pimped up P3D with all the best eye candy looks word not allowed in comparison I am optimistic about this new sim. Aerofly FS 2 have a good thing going in terms of scenery, but missing the essential living dynamic world of creatures, cars, ships, aircraft and weather. 

Edited by simmerhead

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Where is the city in the second picture located?

You can find it here:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Am I alone in being suspicious of promotional shots?  Let's wait and see. 

• Upvote 2

ngxu_banner.png

6 hours ago, simmerhead said:

No. FSX is clean, but P3D shots are with ORBX Global series. 

Thanks Simmer. Think I'll go look at Marseille with my fully tricked out FSX.

Rick

The Chicago sunset comparison is jaw dropping. While it's obviously no surprise that FS2020 looks worlds better, the sky makes me feel as if I'm flying west towards vast masses of land with so much to see and explore. Full of life, basically.

The FSX sky, on the other hand, makes me feel like I'm flying nowhere being gradually absorbed and swallowed up by nothingness.

I appreciate and like what FSX, P3D and the like give us in terms of visuals, but (bearing in mind it's just footage from one short teaser) FS2020 blows everything away beyond belief. 

• Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, ailchim said:

Am I alone in being suspicious of promotional shots?  Let's wait and see. 

I think suspicious is the wrong word to use, all games/simulations will show their best bits, however people also need to give Microsoft a bit of slack as the sim is still in Alpha AFAIK.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Just now, Arasaka said:

Nice comparisons, yet night lights in the XP11 look better than in FS2020 to me.

Post a screen shot of Dubai from XP11 so we can compare.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Can you add a 3rd real life comparison with the data from 3D Maps?  

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I've been away for so long, lost all interest in flight sims after 2013/2014, but that's such a nice surprise to see a new MS Flight Simulator 😃

night.jpg&key=a63538bd0d5ce08d28bf044931

For me the best screenshot is this one, it's nearly an identical feeling, as when I was flying night VFR with a 172 in Auckland.

• Like 1