Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
kingm56

GA Aircraft Recommendation

Recommended Posts

After years of 'tube-driving', I've discovered the joys of flying GA aircraft.  To that end, I'm wondering what model I should buy.  Preferably, I'm looking for a twin prop with windshield effects (e.g. TrueGlass).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  


Matt King

Share this post


Link to post

Twin prop...

 Alabeo C421 is my favorite  :cool:

 


Bert

Share this post


Link to post

The Milvix Cessna C310 Redux version is a great twin GA that has what you describe.  It is widely acclaimed.  Also, the Milviz Beech Baron B55 is another excellent GA twin, but I believe lacks trueglass.  Both are available for P3D.

A2A does some good internal effects from humidity and temperature in the cockpit, but they have not delved into twins.

  • Like 3

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

Perfect, thank you, Frank!  

Matt,
If you license the Milviz 310 you can enhance your experience.  Look up a series of C310 videos posted on Youtube by a pilot with Youtube ID of "310 Pilot".  Been following him for about a year now, along with now over 42,000 other followers.  Very interesting videos as he has been updating his 310 and upgrading his avionics ahead of ADS-B mandates that take place early next year.  He and his wife, who accompanies him on most flights, are both air traffic controllers as well.   If you start with his videos starting back about a year ago you can follow along with his upgrade path as it happens.

Frank

  • Like 1

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Matt,
If you license the Milviz 310 you can enhance your experience.  Look up a series of C310 videos posted on Youtube by a pilot with Youtube ID of "310 Pilot".  Been following him for about a year now, along with now over 42,000 other followers.  Very interesting videos as he has been updating his 310 and upgrading his avionics ahead of ADS-B mandates that take place early next year.  He and his wife, who accompanies him on most flights, are both air traffic controllers as well.   If you start with his videos starting back about a year ago you can follow along with his upgrade path as it happens.

Frank

I truly appreciate the input, sir!  I don't know how I missed this bird; I also don't know why more GA aircraft producers are not licencing TrueGlass...


Matt King

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

I truly appreciate the input, sir!  I don't know how I missed this bird; I also don't know why more GA aircraft producers are not licencing TrueGlass...

Matt,
I have found it to be a nice-to-have but honestly have not found it essential to rewarding simulator twin flight!  Bert's C421 recommendation is very valid, as is the Milviz BE55, and also a couple of DA62 offerings that are out there!  Limiting yourself to Trueglass may be political-authentic-correctness, but that one characteristic does not in my opinion overcome realism of flight dynamics and performance.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 MOB; i7 4790 4.4Ghz; 16gb DDR3 2300; MSI GTX970 4gb Gaming 100ME, Coolermaster Pro 5 case, Corsair H100i

Former USAF meteorologist and ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126

There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Buffy Foster said:

The Vertx DA62 is also worth looking at. 🙂

I definitely have to agree here. I’ve never flown anything other than the heavy iron until I found this little gem. I’m a GA convert for sure!

  • Like 1

ASRock Z370 Pro4-CB MB; Intel I7-8700K CPU; 32 Gb Potenza RAM (DDR4-2400); Win10 Home; 1Tb SSD internal hard drive; NVIDIA RTX 2080; P3D v4.5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Twin prop...

 Alabeo C421 is my favorite  :cool:

 

I really like the looks of the aircraft; thanks, Bert!  


Matt King

Share this post


Link to post

Not a twin but you surely you should take a look at the A2A Bonanza.  All of A2A's civilian singles are top notch (including some great windshield effects)... even the Cherokee (4-5 years old) is among the best GA aircraft available.

Primary purpose I'm posting, though, is to recommend one of the Garmin GTN or GNS GPS units.  I use the Flight 1 GTN 750/650, but Reality XP also has some great offerings (and great support as well... their forum is here at Avsim).  These GPS's enhance the GA experience far beyond what the stock unit can do.  I fly GA only, and I simply will not buy an airplane that doesn't offer integration of at least one of these products.

Flight 1 GTN's: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gtncomplete

Reality XP: http://reality-xp.com/index2.html#tabs

HTH,

Greg

  • Upvote 2

i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, EVGA 2080 Super driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600 Trident Z 15-15-15, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3D) and Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe, Malware 10 Pro 64.  P3Dv4.5HF2

Share this post


Link to post

I second the Bonanza. I find the A2A windshield effects far better than trueglass. The experience in VR when raining is very real. Plus A2A and their ACUSIM gives the user the experience of a real aircraft.

  • Like 1

Paul Edwards

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, pedwards said:

I second the Bonanza. I find the A2A windshield effects far better than trueglass. The experience in VR when raining is very real. Plus A2A and their ACUSIM gives the user the experience of a real aircraft.

So it has rain effects on the windshield? When I was about 9yrs old, my older brother(private pilot) took me up over Lake George, NY in a rented Bananza !  


Cooler Master Tower.
MSI B450 TOMAHWK Motherboard.(1TB SAMSUNG960 EVO SSD Directly connected to MB)
MSI RTX 2070 Founders Edition
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8Core 16 Threads
32 GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 Memory.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, simaddict said:

So it has rain effects on the windshield? When I was about 9yrs old, my older brother(private pilot) took me up over Lake George, NY in a rented Bananza !  

Yes it does! Not only that they made their rain fx tech available for other devs. We should see those rain fx in the Vertx DA62 in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, kingm56 said:

After years of 'tube-driving', I've discovered the joys of flying GA aircraft.  To that end, I'm wondering what model I should buy.  Preferably, I'm looking for a twin prop with windshield effects (e.g. TrueGlass).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

My favorite is still the Realair Turbine Duke.

It's absolute perfection!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...