Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

August 22, 2019 Update

This topic is strictly for the discussion of the 8/22/19 MSFS Update.  

Off topic posts will be laughed at, scorned, and then deleted.😁

• Like 8

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I need a volunteer. I have to take care of something for the next 30 minutes or so. 

Will someone please keep an eye on the update drop and post the synopsis here when it does, please.

Thank You.

• Like 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Would love to but still no update drop seen...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Folks, 

Lets keep this thread civil. I think one of the moderators already had to lock a thread on this subject, due to some bad behavior. 

-Bill

Well, it looks like Microsoft might be having a bit of trouble issuing the update. I think I'll give it up tonight and catch up tomorrow.

The request still stands. If you get the update and can post it's points it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Here it is, not much, but....

August 22nd, 2019 – Insider Update

Posted by: Microsoft Flight Simulator Team

Welcome to our second Insider Update. Intentionally light this week as we prep for a larger update next week.

Make sure to check out the Screenshot Section below for 3 new shots.

A few quick updates:

• Did you get an email?
    • Fear not. We didn’t send one.
  • 3rd Party Progress Update
    • Phase 1 – Outreach and Engagement (in-progress)
    • Phase 2 – Code and Content Integration (in-progress)
    • Phase 3 – Content Release Timeline (kick-off)
  • (3)WIP screenshots from early Feb/March Builds
    • Australia
    • Canyon
    • Grand Canyon

Edited by RamonB
  • Upvote 1

Here's the rest:

Philosophical Question

If a tree falls on a sloped runway but there is no one there to see it, is the runway still sloped?

Answer:

We hope so, because we’ve got curved/sloped runways in the next iteration of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Next update on August 29th!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Also, I thought I saw someone mention they were hoping for better coastlines and beaches?  Take a peak at the insider screenies.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Thank you gentlemen. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

1 minute ago, adino said:

that is all??..🙄

Given the increased frequency of the updates (which I am all for, btw), some people do have to lower their expectations on what is going to be shown every update. Not every update given is supposed to blow us out of the water. I suppose they can choose to decrease the amount of updates they give, but I like the fact that they are being relatively transparent during this process. Also it's not like they didn't give us anything. They gave us great new screenshots and they confirmed sloped runways, which was a pretty big subject on this forum.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Kevin_28 said:

Given the increased frequency of the updates (which I am all for, btw), some people do have to lower their expectations on what is going to be shown every update. Not every update given is supposed to blow us out of the water. I suppose they can choose to decrease the amount of updates they give, but I like the fact that they are being relatively transparent during this process. Also it's not like they didn't give us anything. They gave us great new screenshots and they confirmed sloped runways, which was a pretty big subject on this forum.

The fact they are doing sloped and curved runways, might also be a pretty big indicator of how serious they are about the sim as a whole...big picture wise.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

So, in summary:

- Slopped runways confirmed

- 3rd party news in october

- Bigger update next week, lighter this one on purpose

- Beautiful river shores

Edited by aleex
  • Like 1

Little info, but the screenshots look jaw dropping fantastic.

However, I'm still yearning strongly for some very low altitude flight shots, like say 500-1000', bush flying altitudes.  Maybe next week?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The Australia screenshot reminded me very closely XP11 with some enhancement plugin.

All the 3 screenshots are very nice and better than what we have now in current sims. And there's no comparison with those clouds of course.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

What strikes me about this update is the fact they are in the process of reaching out to developers in order to effect "code and content" integration. This is exactly how DTG went about putting together FSW, with both Orbx and A2A embedded in that sim. The way this relaunch of MSFS is proceeding, sometimes it seems like MS were using DTG for no-cost, arms-length R&D.