Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

Fish Lake Valley NV, USA

SvQpwAq.jpg4ILXu4B.jpg

• Like 6

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

9 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Pangulasian Island, Philippines

I hope Asobo is seeing this screenshot.

Asobo should err on the side of smaller trees everywhere... Sure the world has some rainforests with enormous trees but that is the exception rather than the rule.

• Upvote 1

Matthew S

A big thank you to Shack95 and to those who, like him, send us beautiful comparative images every day.

May they not hesitate to continue to do so !

In these particularly difficult times of global health crisis, it is a real pleasure and a healthy occupation to discover these images and to be able to travel virtually.

😃

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words @antier. Looking for these locations is a bit of a travel substitute for me as well at the moment. I‘ve discovered quite a few gorgeous spots I had never heard of before, some of which made it on my bucket list. And it‘s a nice diversion from work now that I have to work from home most of the time.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Sulak Canyon, Russia

Dom8Cvf.jpgGpnks6s.jpg

• Like 9

Lake Powell, USA

hX7Tn1p.jpgJghEItr.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Shack95 said:

Sulak Canyon, Russia

Dom8Cvf.jpgGpnks6s.jpg

To fly in Chechnya, original 😏 !

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

To fly in Chechnya, original 😏 !

Tomlaut1980 seems to enjoy flying in exotic places, which is great, but it more than once gave me a headache finding the location.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Tomlaut1980 seems to enjoy flying in exotic places, which is great, but it more than once gave me a headache finding the location.

Yeah can imagine... Finding this one must have been difficult. No idea how you managed. Russia is huge, and first you had to know it was in Russia at all!

21 hours ago, MatthewS said:

I hope Asobo is seeing this screenshot.

Asobo should err on the side of smaller trees everywhere... Sure the world has some rainforests with enormous trees but that is the exception rather than the rule.

Totally agree. Just like the issue Asobo had with the scale of grass, seems like there is an issue with the scale of some trees. Hope tree scale will be accurate for all trees. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

In their Update on April 9'th they wrote that the tree size is IMPROVED, but not fixed, so it's most likely something they will still work on.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

16 hours ago, Darcanlos said:

Yeah can imagine... Finding this one must have been difficult. No idea how you managed. Russia is huge, and first you had to know it was in Russia at all!

I had no idea it was in Russia and was surprised as well. I looked for a sparsely populated and barren mountainous area with a lake and the sea not too far away. After a quick visit to South America this brought me to the Middle East and Transcaucasia. 

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Shack95 said:

I pray that he'd give you more headaches 🙃

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 5/3/2020 at 11:48 AM, Shack95 said:

I had no idea it was in Russia and was surprised as well. I looked for a sparsely populated and barren mountainous area with a lake and the sea not too far away. After a quick visit to South America this brought me to the Middle East and Transcaucasia. 

I would like to make a small correction: the Soulak canyon is well located in the Russian Federation as indicated by Shack95, but not at all in Chechnya. It is located in the Republic of Daghestan (whose capital is Makhachkala), on the Soulak river which flows into the Caspian.

I know this beautiful Caucasian region pretty well because I had the opportunity to work there (in Grozny in particular)... at the end of the last millennium !

20050502335625418316780149.jpg

Edited by antier
small clarification (GO2 19)
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, antier said:

I would like to make a small correction: the Soulak canyon is well located in the Russian Federation as indicated by Shack95, but not at all in Chechnya. It is located in the Republic of Daghestan (whose capital is Makhachkala), on the Soulak river which flows into the Caspian.

I know this beautiful Caucasian region pretty well because I had the opportunity to work there (in Grozny in particular)... at the end of the last millennium !

Courageous man. You are right, Daghestan it is.

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique