Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

What I like the most is how well it integrates the color changes from the satellite image into the rendered grass. It makes it so much more real and lively...

• Upvote 1

Apurímac River, Peru

bBhnCoD.jpgiMuS3mj.jpg

Now that's an interesting one, not only because of the odd-looking river. The textures in the sim are quite blurry even though Bing has rather sharp imagery for this area. Could it be low detail or offline mode?

• Like 10

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

So it is a river. Some People were arguing in the update thread that it was a road that was rendered as a river

Or maybe that was a different image.

Also I read somewhere that Offline mode isn’t in the Alpha yet, so it’s probably just low settings.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

So it is a river. Some People were arguing in the update thread that it was a road that was rendered as a river

Yeah I know. I was wondering as well. That‘s why I wanted to find the spot. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Thanks! Mystery solved. It's a river after all. I have the feeling that the error is due to the scenery not being fully loaded (probably a slower connection), as the scenery textures below the trees look rather blurry. The Bing imagery looks crisper around that area. However, it's worth noting that it appears the AI has removed the clouds from the imagery, though it could be the haze masking them.

Could it be the mist hiding some of the detail in that shot?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

19 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

I have the feeling that the error is due to the scenery not being fully loaded (probably a slower connection), as the scenery textures below the trees look rather blurry.

That's quite possible.

19 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

However, it's worth noting that it appears the AI has removed the clouds from the imagery, though it could be the haze masking them.

It seems so, at least partly. I think I can see a whitish spot on that mountain just below the "m" of the watermark (the one at the top) that has the same shape as the cloud in Bing Maps. But I'm not sure. It's hard to tell because of the haze. 

On 4/28/2020 at 1:24 PM, Darcanlos said:

What I like the most is how well it integrates the color changes from the satellite image into the rendered grass. It makes it so much more real and lively...

Time to apply the same for water rendering now. So far all water bodies have the same monotonous blue color without any variation depending on different geographies. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Time to apply the same for water rendering now. So far all water bodies have the same monotonous blue color without any variation depending on different geographies. 

Not only that, it should flow visibly faster when going downhill....

Lake Pehoé, Chile

lRj43qi.jpgYnuBbSY.jpg

They definitely have to do something about the mesh.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 5

Hidden Lake MT, USA

EMa2LoA.jpgoZBZmhG.jpgfu5axZN.jpg

• Like 4

Kalgoorlie, Australia

1iOcZRM.jpgzkCM9ab.png

Thanks @precog

• Like 5

Central Park, New York

XBwsX6Y.jpgGRYZJhF.jpg

• Like 5

Sha Tin, Hong Kong

Ll0NG6I.jpg3f9Kgyw.png

• Like 7

Tellirude Peak CO, USA

6R7JECQ.jpgA0fiYEY.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1