Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

13 minutes ago, Shack95 said:

It will be. Bing has photogrammetry for Calgary, Edmonton, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec, Toronto, Vancouver and Victoria.

Yeah I installed Earth View and took a look and indeed my city is there. But as I mentioned in another post, I noticed the coverage is smaller compared to Google Earth. In GE the surrounding cities around Montreal are Photogrammetry, in EV, only downtown and some suburb areas. Unless it did not load properly...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

5 minutes ago, Claviateur said:

Yeah I installed Earth View and took a look and indeed my city is there. But as I mentioned in another post, I noticed the coverage is smaller compared to Google Earth. In GE the surrounding cities around Montreal are Photogrammetry, in EV, only downtown and some suburb areas. Unless it did not load properly...

There’s hope still... it can come in future Bing updates. In the topic made by the guy that tested the demo on the X019, he said he asked about Bing updates and some areas are being done right now, but they don’t have the info on the date those updates are being released.

Let’s hope MS has big plans to cover more areas on the planet as an investment to their other business, as the updates on Bing automatically update the World scenery on the sim aswell.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Elevation data ✔️

Tree placing ✔️

Ground colors ✔️

Building colors ✔️

Building shape ✔️

position of bodies of water (costlines, rivers and lakes) ✔️

Roads ✔️

Building height 

https://imgur.com/a/A2jsKUS

https://imgur.com/a/A2jsKUS

https://imgur.com/FcIznVR

https://imgur.com/guLkGHm

https://imgur.com/L4VbTy4

https://imgur.com/DgVyOhu

• Like 1

Alicante, Spain

Yfu9rTQ.jpg

UbUW2j5.jpg

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Miami, USA

KGDphKT.jpg

87hgGI7.jpg

• Like 2

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Cape Coral, USA

uX32tgu.jpg

ymLzfbP.jpg

Edited by n4gix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Miami, USA

Can't wait to see the Keys

Edited by domkle
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 11/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, Christopher Low said:

I really hope that any rainbows in the simulator are subtle and realistic

They already showed off rainbows in one of the videos. 

Edited by Tuskin38

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:14 AM, Shack95 said:

Cape Coral, USA

uX32tgu.jpg

ymLzfbP.jpg

Ah good to see this, I was a bit worried about this scene because it looked a lot like the X-Plane 11 default scenery. But it's just the place that looks like the default X-Plane 11 scenery in reality LOL  

Edited by n4gix
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

Ah good to see this, I was a bit worried about this scene because it looked a lot like the X-Plane 11 default scenery. But it's just the place that looks like the default X-Plane 11 scenery in reality LOL  

😂 I thought the same. But it‘s a realistic depiction, it’s even photogrammetry.

Edited by Shack95
  • Like 2

I've just noticed that Fort Myers is actually Cape Coral. Unfortunately I can't edit it anymore.

Argelès-Gazost, France

rDBhEql.jpg

eBTk981.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Mirepeix, France

9KrkRWf.jpg

8nHKQDb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:04 AM, Shack95 said:

I've just noticed that Fort Myers is actually Cape Coral. Unfortunately I can't edit it anymore.

I can, and I did. I knew it was Cape Coral immediately, My parents built their retirement home on South Sanibel Island (aka Ft. Myers Beach), and I lived in the area for about 14 years.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator