Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

In-game VS Satellite

Put your headphones! 🙂

Edited by Noooch
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Noooch said:

Put your headphones! 🙂

Geez, how long did it take you yo make this? Very nice. I am guessing the music is royalty free, who is the first song, with the lady singing? Very mellow and soothing, I want the song 🙂 And oh yeah the video is awesome. You work for Microsoft promotion division 🙂 Where in the world is this area?

2019-09-20_1823

None of the images are working on Avsim at the moment?

Edited by Learjet777

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Better than the real world I don't need real world when I can MSFS a mug of Yorkshire brew and a biscuit all at once.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

@Learjet777 It took me a few hours but it was very fun, glad you liked it!

The song is called "Silence" and the singer is Sarah McLachlan.

Cheers

Looking at Bing maps on Windows 10, I'm seeing that the "3D cities" there are the same ones we've seen in the preview content. (Try it.) It's great that they can also generate such good 3D scenery from places where they don't have "3D cities" in their maps, like the Normandy scene. 

Phoenix, USA

YVJ4cVR.jpg

93YPLhA.jpg

• Like 5

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

Interesting fact, when you look at the salt marsh in the lower left corner of the last screenshot above, it looks blue, almost like the water.

But if you zoom in in Bing Maps, it looks like this (orange).

I don't know if the colorimetry in the sim will change with altitude, but I don't think so. Anyway I was under the impression the sim will use this second picture as a base (much more detailed) but this proves I was wrong.

1569747227-sf3.jpg

Edited by Noooch

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

Interesting fact, when you look at the salt marsh in the lower left corner of the last screenshot above, it looks blue, almost like the water.

But if you zoom in in Bing Maps, it looks like this (orange).

I don't know if the colorimetry in the sim will change with altitude, but I don't think so. Anyway I was under the impression the sim will use this second picture as a base (much more detailed) but this proves I was wrong.

1569747227-sf3.jpg

I think we can’t see the colors well because there’s too much haze and it’s too high. Flying lower with better visual conditions we will see different colors on the water.

Clearly the photogrammetry comparisons may seem rather redundant, as they're virtually identical (however, it's worth noticing the trees are different in the MS Epcot shot, as well as an addition of 3D objects in one of the parking lots).

Below is of Seoul near the Gimpo airport, where there isn't 3D photogrammetry. You can see the AI's attempt to place appropriate 3D images over the satellite imagery. It's not perfect, but still impressive in my opinion.

gimpo-ms.jpg

gimpo-maps.jpg

Edited by RioPilot
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, RioPilot said:

Clearly the photogrammetry comparisons may seem rather redundant, as they're virtually identical (however, it's worth noticing the trees are different in the MS Epcot shot, as well as an addition of 3D objects in one of the parking lots).

Below is of Seoul near the Gimpo airport, where there isn't 3D photogrammetry. You can see the AI's attempt to place appropriate 3D images over the satellite imagery. It's not perfect, but still impressive in my opinion.

gimpo-ms.jpg

gimpo-maps.jpg

What A.I. is doing for the scenery so far is indeed impressive. Anyone looking for perfection will be disapointed for sure.

My approach is more like: "Which current sim has Seoul looking this good?", and isn't just Seoul, it will look like that everywhere you fly and we are still in alpha. They promissed updates along the development (10 years), the more the machine learns, the better it will look. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Newcastle, England.

jbJVVcw.jpg

Lm893R9.jpg

lM99lR5.jpg

Generally, the augmented scenery is very impressive and would - as claimed - enable true VFR almost as well as the photogrammetry scenery.

However, as others have mentioned it is not perfect:

-Satellite data mismatches causing visible seams
-Baked shadows
-incorrect building placement (the farmhouse just below the tail in the first screenshot is rendered as a multi-story apartment block, also a pile of what appears to be hay bales in the second screenshot is rendered as a building)

• Like 1

Bernard

On 9/30/2019 at 9:14 PM, RioPilot said:

Comparison of Epcot. Nice to see Disney World will be more fun to fly over.

epcot-fs.jpg

epcot-maps.jpg

DO YOU WANT TO GET ARRESTED!!!

Disney World is a designated FAA Prohibited Airspace!

(IRL of course... In sim we can buzz the giant ball!)

• Like 2

Chris Camp