Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What I want to read on this forum

What I want to read on this forum, after reading all the responses to ORBX's new update is this:

"ORBX new 14 update is NOW FIXED".  What that means is that if I update from FTX Central 3 to the latest update that all I have to do it click on the update and everything will be OK.  No problems, and no issues with scenery placements in the library.

I'm reading about success stories and horror stories.  Is it now fixed, or isn't it?

Stan

• Like 1

I understand your frustration Stan. The release of Orbx Central was at very least errr, 'troubled' for some. I guess those that didn't have any issues would say 'yes, it's great', while those that do / did have issues would say the opposite. I'm yet to see any flightsim software release that hasn't caused problems for a few. A definitive answer to your question may be hard to find!

FYI, I had issues with the first release and went back to FTX Central. I've since given Central another go (since v. 10) and haven't had any major problems. But that's just me.....😉

• Upvote 1

Murray Dreyer

I have to say, I stuck it out with ORBX through all the updates and it has gotten better with each update. It's working pretty well now. I recall a lot of angst with early PMDG NGX and FSLabs, but now they are amongst my best performing and most reliable packages.

Lee

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Stan,

Like @mdreyer said, some never had problems.  I delayed until a couple of days ago to update.  The install showed an error and now I get the same error when trying to delete a library.  But, Orbx's Nick is troubleshooting the issue.  If you feel that updating is risky which obviously you do because of your post, recommend waiting a little longer until the dust settles.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

didn't  we  went  thru  all this  when they  originally  brought  out  their  first version  of  central

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I personally think that they should have kept the option of purchasing via FTX Central 3 for a period of time after ORBx Central was released. Maybe they expected all existing ORBx customers to bow down and pray at the new altar without hesitation? :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have ORBX Central installed again (.13) and I'm allowing it to manage my Scenery.cfg.  No problems so far... but I'm keeping FTX Central for the time being and using Lorby's AO to oversee what's happening with my Scenery.cfg.  Not that I distrust ORBX Central, but well... maybe just a little.  :biggrin: 

From the onset OC has been about making it easier for ORBX to sell their products, when what we want is an app that makes it easier for us to manage our addons (thanks for Lorby AO!).

Greg

15 hours ago, spilok said:

What I want to read on this forum, after reading all the responses to ORBX's new update is this:

"ORBX new 14 update is NOW FIXED".  What that means is that if I update from FTX Central 3 to the latest update that all I have to do it click on the update and everything will be OK.  No problems, and no issues with scenery placements in the library.

I'm reading about success stories and horror stories.  Is it now fixed, or isn't it?

Stan

No problem here just works fine 😎

André

On 9/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, Christopher Low said:

I personally think that they should have kept the option of purchasing via FTX Central 3 for a period of time after ORBx Central was released. Maybe they expected all existing ORBx customers to bow down and pray at the new altar without hesitation? :wink:

You forgot to mention that you hope that TEGB Central will soon be released.

Not a problem for me they have not released anything of interest for some time new OLC then I will be, by then it should be on update 20 and fixed.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg