Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

Another GSX Update

8 hours ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I updated but not sure how to get those,,,,,I hear default only.....Am I missing something? When I updated I could see several "accents" updated but in reality same...

Is the default American English sounds better (less distorted ) to you now ? If yes, it means it's all fine, you just have to go to an airport in a different country that will trigger a different accent. Try Germany, for example, it should sound very different.

Hmm, does it really work? I did not test it thoroughly, but I agree with the post above: flying out of WSSS, I did not hear any difference to my earlier flights in Europe. Is WSSS truly classified as "Asia" or does GSX use the British accent over there? Will try Europe/Germany next, this should be more obvious, as you said...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Is this still causing performance issues for you guys?  I keep ignoring the update reminders.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

Hmm, does it really work? I did not test it thoroughly, but I agree with the post above: flying out of WSSS, I did not hear any difference to my earlier flights in Europe. Is WSSS truly classified as "Asia" or does GSX use the British accent over there? Will try Europe/Germany next, this should be more obvious, as you said...

Singapore will use British English, since we don't have any voice with Asian accent right now.

• Like 1

That explains a lot ;-)

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

9 hours ago, virtuali said:

Is the default American English sounds better (less distorted ) to you now ? If yes, it means it's all fine, you just have to go to an airport in a different country that will trigger a different accent. Try Germany, for example, it should sound very different.

Haven' tried that....if it does it's nice. One in US sounds same that's why I was wondering......Thanks

Alex 

Hi there

I'm still on a very old FSDT version (still before PBR) but I want to update now. Did you uninstall GSX befor the PBR Update or do I Just have to install the newest GSX Installer?

Kind Regards
Patrick

10 minutes ago, PatC said:

Hi there

I'm still on a very old FSDT version (still before PBR) but I want to update now. Did you uninstall GSX befor the PBR Update or do I Just have to install the newest GSX Installer?

Kind Regards
Patrick

Shouldn't make any difference, just be sure you use the latest full installer.

• Upvote 1

Probably the one thing left that bothers me with the GSX pushbacks is sometimes the tug turns too far past the max nose gear angle resulting in turns that are too tight. I’ve seen this at airports where the underlying AFCAD calls for a standard 90 degree corner. Sometimes the tug goes so far around the nose gear that the plane starts moving forward momentarily. 

6 hours ago, NZ255 said:

Probably the one thing left that bothers me ... 

This was not meant as criticism, but perhaps I could have worded it better.

You are probably aware of it, Umburto. 

To try and be helpful; an example of what I’m talking about can be seen at the 2:30 mark of your video. 

One thing I noticed about the new sounds is they appear quieter than the previous sets. Quite a bit quieter. Anyone else noticed this? I was at KMIA so I imagine the US voice set was in use. Haven't tried any others yet.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

One thing I noticed about the new sounds is they appear quieter than the previous sets. Quite a bit quieter. Anyone else noticed this? I was at KMIA so I imagine the US voice set was in use. Haven't tried any others yet.

Did you turn the volume up on in the windows sound mixer. I found the Couatl volume slider was low and I just adjusted it. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

11 minutes ago, TalonMX said:

Did you turn the volume up on in the windows sound mixer. I found the Couatl volume slider was low and I just adjusted it. 

I’ll check, thanks. Windows 10 and sound has been the bane of my life.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, I had this after a win 10 upgrade. Everything but P3D had very low volume. I changed the default format in sound settings to a different bit level (24 bit 44100 Hz) and it made everything play at the same level.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Ray, I had this after a win 10 upgrade. Everything but P3D had very low volume. I changed the default format in sound settings to a different bit level (24 bit 44100 Hz) and it made everything play at the same level.

Care to point me to how you did that please? Should it be necessary?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather