Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

September 26th Update - Feature Discovery Series Preview: World

Just now, MatthewS said:

Yes of course I'm buying it (it's probably a subscription anyway).

Should be great for low level VFR and bush flying.

Thanks Matt, thats more like it!

I hope we all get to give this a go before release so we can iron out the little details but a few months ago this sim wasn't even on our radar, so to me it just feels positive right now.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I fail to see how one can conclude "autogen popping" will be an issue just by watching this video, especially in the case of the NYC shot which does not appear to use autogen, but rather a polished photogrammetry rendering.

All around another amazing video, although I must admit I was half expecting them to show a shot highlighting season variations. Maybe next time. Even still, everything we have seen completely surpasses anything P3D and X-plane has to offer, at least visually.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Wow absolutely stunning! RIP P3D. The graphics are out this world 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lukas Dalton

The only complain I have is they should host their site on a server with better connection. Every new update it gets impossible to see things there (videos and screenshots). It takes a lot of time to load.

Edited by ca_metal

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 minute ago, RioPilot said:

I fail to see how one can conclude "autogen popping" will be an issue just by watching this video, especially in the case of the NYC shot which does not appear to use autogen, but rather a polished photogrammetry rendering.

All around another amazing video, although I must admit I was half expecting them to show a shot highlighting season variations. Maybe next time. Even still, everything we have seen completely surpasses anything P3D and X-plane has to offer, at least visually.

There are people like you and me who see what others do not see...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Frame rate seems to be holding up quite nicely which is amazing considering what we're seeing here.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

2 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Frame rate seems to be holding up quite nicely which is amazing considering what we're seeing here.

There is nothing incredible ... it is simply an optimized engine.

13 minutes ago, RioPilot said:

You wont see "auto-gen" popping at low level with a such a restricted overhead FOV, like in the NYC sequence. 

The "popping" of clouds in the SFO sequence suggests to me that MS do not consider issue of "popping" important, which does not bode well for the "popping" of autogen.

By "autogen" I guess I'm referring to any 3d "scenery object" (eg buildings/trees) placed on the surface ground "textures".

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

8 minutes ago, RioPilot said:

True but I believe Matthew was infering that should you go outside of the photogrammetry area then you would hit such issues but I think that would be much further than the hudson river.

From what I've gathered the rendering distance for both clouds and scenery objects (autogen) is terrific and unless you are like in one of the shots in the video 40K feet in the air, then draw distance really shouldn't be an issue and that in turn will mitigate any LoD issues. But we'll have to get it into our hands to know for sure.

Not something I'm fretting about, it looks insanely good and crisp and all heights.

S-U-P-E-R-B ! ...

Love the clouds!

Love the water!

Love the city autogens...

Wow!

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

58 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

If you want to impress me, take some videos of low level flight, say flying down the Hudson and then into JFK and taxi to gate.

That's what I have been saying. Show me the Airliner landing at JFK in 4k cockpit view. We keep seeing teaser fluff. Pre announcements of previews of future schedules. Cloudy dreamy screenies at FL350. Give me the real deal, cockpit landings, 5+ minutes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2