Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

4 minutes ago, n4gix said:

For record, every "new member" is placed in a "Moderation Queue" until they've had FIVE approved posts. If their very first post is obviously "Spam" they are summarily sent to permanent detention, no exceptions.

Registering only to post in a poll is not considered "Spam" so their posts are nearly always approved for posting.

BTW, in addition to the above MQ requirement, there are in-depth checks to ensure they have no history as a previously banned member, and do not appear on any of the various "spammer" lists.

Thanks for offering this information, though I'm afraid it doesn't address the situation directly.

What happened was not an influx of spam posts but rather an influx of users who never made a post and only came here to vote in a poll.

Perhaps you can enlighten us on the post-count requirement to vote in a poll here on Avsim?

2 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Darn you! Now you've gone and made me hungry... :laugh:

Lmao. Sorry I thought I was the only one

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

rather an influx of users who never made a post and only came here to vote in a poll.

...and the problem with that is?

Just now, irrics said:

...and the problem with that is?

I've already explained this only a few minutes ago.  Read my previous posts in this thread.  

6 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Perhaps you can enlighten us on the post-count requirement to vote in a poll here on Avsim?

There is no policy that limits replies to anything, much less polls. The main purpose of the MQ is to act as a "spam catcher" or some profanity laced venomous diatribe... such as political/religious rants, et cetera.

It is also in place to give us time to ensure the new member isn't a known former member who's been banned.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

2 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I've already explained this only a few minutes ago.  Read my previous posts in this thread.  

There is no problem with people who came just to vote.

This is insanity man.  One need not have some extensive posting history to participate here and there and vote in polls.

Many, many many forum users across the web do lots of reading without posting. If they decide to chime in on a poll because it’s of interest to them, it’s just as valid as your opinion or that of anyone who posts like crazy here.

Edited by irrics

Just now, n4gix said:

There is no policy that limits replies to anything, much less polls. The purpose of the MQ is to act as a "spam catcher" or some profanity laced venomous diatribe... such as political/religious rants, et cetera.

I interpret this to mean the following:

A user can sign up for an account here at Avsim and post in a poll without having made any posts.

Is this accurate?

1 minute ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I interpret this to mean the following:

A user can sign up for an account here at Avsim and post in a poll without having made any posts.

Is this accurate?

There is no need for "interpretation". I don't believe my statement was the least bit ambiguous. However, yes it is accurate.

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

Just now, n4gix said:

There is no need for "interpretation". I don't believe my statement was the least bit ambiguous. However, yes it is accurate.

I'm not meaning to imply that you were unclear, I only want my point to be perfectly clear to those who would dispute it.

Thank you for contributing to this conversation.

I've just had to "hide" three posts referencing 'politics." You folks know better. Please do not do it again...

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

3 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Thank you for contributing to this conversation.

You are welcome.

Fr. Bill    

I still don't see the point. You have a problem with the vote it seems. The forum rules, many here, and the mods do not.

Next?

However!

Now you can lobby for the mods to change the rules. 

If so, welcome to the ranks of the insistent single-issue "cultists" Like people that prioritize vr, apparently

• Like 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

19 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

Thanks for offering this information, though I'm afraid it doesn't address the situation directly.

What happened was not an influx of spam posts but rather an influx of users who never made a post and only came here to vote in a poll.

None first post for some but leave it now if this thread get shut down they will open two more just wait till we have more info.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I still don't see the point. You have a problem with the vote it seems. The forum rules, many here, and the mods do not.

Next?

However!

Now you can lobby for the mods to change the rules. Mind that it doesn't bite you one day, though.

My problem is that people who have nothing invested in this community, nothing invested in flight simulation have come to Avsim, voted in a poll, and provided a false impression to the people who have the power to do something about the results of the poll (Microsoft/Asobo).

Personally, I think that VR should be on the list of features to be included, but it should be below other features such as ATC and seasons which are essential to the experience of flight simulation.  The potential issue arises if VR is prioritized above these other, core simulation features.  

Edited by TechguyMaxC