Sign in to follow this  
nickhod

VR Inclusion in MSFS

Well, at least now how to start a campfire. All I have to do is mention that I like/don't like VR.😂

• Like 2

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

Well, since you're the one making this claim the burden of proof is on you. The number of posts that any member has made are easily seen right to the left of the post. When you have finished totaling up all of these horrendous first time posters, let us know what you find.

No, his point is valid. Anyone can do a "drive by AVSIM" and vote any poll without even bothering to register as a member!

Anyone who wishes to post a new message or a reply however must Register, and then make five approved posts before being escaping from the Moderation Queue.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

What? No poll? :rolleyes:

You were too quick on the Quote button. I changed my mind and had to "Delete" my comment. Unfortunately there's no "Cancel" button to escape once the quote/reply window is opened... :blink:

Fr. Bill    

15 minutes ago, n4gix said:

No, his point is valid. Anyone can do a "drive by AVSIM" and vote any poll without even bothering to register as a member!

Anyone who wishes to post a new message or a reply however must Register, and then make five approved posts before being escaping from the Moderation Queue.

Wait, they don't even have to signup to vote in polls here?

That will be the end of this discussion as far as I'm concerned.  Anyone wishing to argue this point with me further will be met with a laugh.

Thanks for your contributions to this thread, n4gix!

I'm curious, would it be possible to configure the forum software to require membership in the future?  I'm not presuming Avsim staff agrees that this change should be made, only asking if it's possible to begin with.

Thanks!

Edited by TechguyMaxC
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, n4gix said:

You were too quick on the Quote button. I changed my mind and had to "Delete" my comment. Unfortunately there's no "Cancel" button to escape once the quote/reply window is opened... :blink:

I've got the reactions of a cobra. :smile:

• Like 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

38 minutes ago, n4gix said:

and vote any poll without even bothering to register as a member!

Now that I did not know. I thought that was all closed up long ago.

In fact, years ago, when I asked the Outerra developers and others to make themselves known here, I received several complaints that Avsim was simply too hard to register at, and most people declined.

I assumed that if you had to register to post, you had to register to vote as well.

That's surprising, but still not that important to me, since the voting still fell within the forum rules, which its up to you to change, and also because it still presents zero indication of the motivations of the posters, or of their true interest in aviation, one way or another.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

14 minutes ago, TechguyMaxC said:

I'm curious, would it be possible to configure the forum software to require membership in the future?  I'm not presuming Avsim staff agrees that this change should be made, only asking if it's possible to begin with.

I honestly don't know if it is configurable. I am certainly going to ask. Brian (our volunteer IT tech) just installed the latest forum software update and is (re)configuring the options again as he has time.

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

@TechguyMaxC, I personally think POLLS are for mindless individuals to lazy to read and make a decision for themselves! lol

Edited by jpc55

Wow VR actually won the poll?
Looks like there are a bunch of closet VR fans in the forums.

None of the other features on the poll were even close and I thought VR was a .0001% dying tech gimmick???

Seems to be a bunch of more VR users than assumed huh?

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

16 minutes ago, jpc55 said:

@TechguyMaxC, I personally think POLLS are for mindless individuals to lazy to read and make a decision for themselves! lol

:ohmy:

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

To begin with, I am a 2D/VR split user who voted for VR, as I enjoy it more and more. At this time it was below 1%.

As a physicist who knows a bit on statistics and surveys, I felt more and more uneasy in view of development of votes. In addition, I was shocked how insisting, repetitive and militant discussions from both sides, but notably from the pro-VR fraction became.

I am grateful to TechguyMaxC and n4gix for making clear what happened. In my mind, this poll including all contributions deserves to be deleted to avoid drawing wrong conclusions from it. Moreover, if all this is true - which I still have difficulty to realize - it sheds a bad light upon all previous AVSIM polls.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I would like to see how the places where you would expect the scenery not to be as good as in NA/parts of Europe. 

South america, Africa, China/Mongolia/Siberia and Places on high latitudes

But would also be very interested in South East Asia. 

I hope that the WHOLE world will be nice to explore, and not just one or two continents. 

There's nothing more immersive then having a fully covered world to fly in after all. More important then having seasons for me. 

Edited by AyserKalypzo

6 minutes ago, pmb said:

In my mind, this poll including all contributions deserves to be deleted to avoid drawing wrong conclusions from it. Moreover, if all this is true - which I still have difficulty to realize - it sheds a bad light upon all previous AVSIM polls.

So that's it? All current and previous Avsim polls are now meaningless?

Good to know, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

23 minutes ago, pmb said:

In my mind, this poll including all contributions deserves to be deleted to avoid drawing wrong conclusions from it. Moreover, if all this is true - which I still have difficulty to realize - it sheds a bad light upon all previous AVSIM polls.

Kind regards, Michael

I really don’t understand why anyone would want to remove a poll, where people have no been intentionally harassing pro VR people. Look at this tread for example, why do we have to defend wanting VR?

WsC4R.png

The town folk have spoken

Edited by daveinca2000
  • Like 2

Specs: I9-13900K, RTX 4090, 32gb Ram |Headsets: HP Reverb