Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noooch

No support for TrackIR !?

7 minutes ago, Noooch said:

Maybe all we have to do is to raise our voices 🙂

I'll add my voice to the discussion. I think we all assumed that support would be in the sim, since all versions of Flight Simulator have supported it since TrackIR came out. Afaik, TrackIR makes use of Simconnect but I don't know if that is all that is required to have fluent view control in the sim.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

for me trackIR is a necessity, a simple bare necessity....

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

spacer.png xaP1VAU.png

Track ir is essential for me! +1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

No Track IR. No MS Flight Simulator. I don't accept to believe they will not add support for TIR. It's essential in simming.

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

It would be crazy for the new MSFS not to be on that list.

Yep! So crazy it would be a showstopper for me too!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I never fly without TrackIR. It is an absolute must!

i9-12900K | Asus ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming | RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR5 | Win 10 Pro | Acer Predator UltraWide 3440x1440 (G-Sync)

I have to admit, if MFS doesn't have TIR support at releaase then I honestly might not buy it.  I use TIR in many games and sims today, and for a flight sim (and Elite Dangerous) it's an absolute requirement for me.  Simply a must have feature for me to spend money on it.

Here's hoping TIR support does make it in for launch.

I've used TrackIR since the first version was released with all flight simulators I've played plus a number of first person shooters (e.g., Arma 3 is almost unplayable to me without it). No TrackIR in the new flightsim is almost a deal breaker for me. But let's be honest, if it's not in I'll still buy and begrudgingly use the hat switch. And then complain incessantly until it's added.

However, if this is our chance to influence the game's development, c'mon MS! No TrackIR would be a really amature move (laughing stock level). Surely they'll include it.

Another vote for TrackIR. I won't fly (or drive) without it! But I may do so if MSFS doesn't support it right away. It would really suck though...

I understand their process of prioritizing things based on community feedback. But you would think some of more common flight simulator features would be included without any priority system. TrackIR has been around for so long now and is supported by so many games, not just simulators, that I'd find it really odd if they didn't support it in MSFS.

Nobody will like my opinion, but I'll share anyhow..

"No TrackIR Support" will impact MS sales in basically no meaningful way.

If you hook up a new or perhaps younger user who MS would like to capture into this demographic, they'd find TrackIR to be the jankiest, weirdest, "hack" from 15 years ago imaginable.

Older longtime users who are used to it may like it, but it's not going to drive any new engagement.

Hopefully for those of you that like it, it will come later or by SDK 3rd party integration.

Sorry - just keepin' it real.  Perspective on things we value in FS hardcore world is important.

We here are a weird bunch in a super niche little space of gaming.

22 minutes ago, irrics said:

"No TrackIR Support" will impact MS sales in basically no meaningful way.

If you hook up a new or perhaps younger user who MS would like to capture into this demographic, they'd find TrackIR to be the jankiest, weirdest, "hack" from 15 years ago imaginable.

Sorry - just keepin' it real.  Perspective on things we value in FS hardcore world is important.

We here are a weird bunch in a super niche little space of gaming.

Still, they kept saying the sim is targeted at the "hardcore" flight sim community. A lot of simmers use TrackIR so I think it has more weight than you think.

With the first pictures and videos of the new simulator, we looked in disbelief at what we saw, it was so overwhelming . . . and now it's not possible to play without this technical "trumpery" ??

And now we need for sure a poll . . .

8 minutes ago, threegreen said:

A lot of simmers use TrackIR

What data are you basing that off of?

I'm no expert, but i have heard that setting up a game to use Track iR is fairly straight forward and can be done relatively easily. Hopefully if enough of us are vocal about it, and they pay attention there's plenty of time for them to get it done. 

I hope i'm right 😄

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.