b737800

The non-acceptance comfort and support thread

53 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I can't believe people are actually going out and buying RAM to get an invite 😂

I know. Crazy not to buy everything else to go with it 😉

adcf25754565a59fa6ec6e5b94afc0af.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

But if folks report back "it don't work, fix it" to Microsoft, that's not gonna "fly" (in more ways than one).

Cheers, Rob.

Well I only hope you get in Rob. That would mean at least one good tester for the Alpha stage 😂😂😂😂.

So MS if you are looking for some extra guys, look for the FSReborn official beta testers tags, I trained them for months about how to report bugs and problems 😉.

Regards 

S.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, simbol said:

Well I only hope you get in Rob. That would mean at least one good tester for the Alpha stage 😂😂😂😂.

So MS if you are looking for some extra guys, look for the FSReborn official beta testers tags, I trained them for months about how to report bugs and problems 😉.

Regards 

S.

Yeah, really...😱 (just kidding, Simbol has been an absolute joy to work with.👍)

Edited by gsand
  • Upvote 1

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that MS doesn't want me to test on my 8yo computer. lol

Oh well this way if I start saving now then by the time MSFS ships I can buy something that will run it.

• Like 1

Barry Friedman

I never applied.

They can't reject me if I do it first.

• Like 3

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

It's a lot of work, when/if you find an issue, it's long very late nights and early mornings putting together something Microsoft can use to diagnose and hopefully fix.

I don't remember if one of the application questions was "do you have beta testing experience? If so please give examples".  That may have been a good question to weed out the joy riders.

I do remember them asking something about addon development experience.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

I think that we are all just a bunch of fools. What they (MS) really wanted is an idea of how much we really want this new sim. They should be ashamed of themselves for playing us like that. 😂

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

49 minutes ago, smoothchat said:

I don't remember if one of the application questions was "do you have beta testing experience? If so please give examples".  That may have been a good question to weed out the joy riders.

Who says they want to weed out "Joyriders" 😉

If they were looking for accountants with clipboards and sliderules, they certainly could have found ways to select for that, specifically.

Instead, they seem to me more interested in looking for a cross-section of machine types, and I have no memory of any attempt to even ascertain that testers are legal adults!

My recollection of the beta Process for FLIGHT (for instance) showed no great emphasis on super-detailed white papers (they probably have ample internal resources for that) and I kind of actually doubt that's what they are looking for.

I suspect what they might really want is to see how the whole thing works when released into the wild, and how robust it all is with crazed users doing insane things.

Plus creating a small army of evangelists, and all sorts of excitement and marketing buzz.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I wouldn't upgrade your machines based on the testing requirements. As the game would be mostly optimized at this point in development.

Wait until the official system requirements come out before the final release.

Edited by Tuskin38

20 hours ago, hatchna said:

*sobbing*

Curse my 16GB RAM...

Did MS release some system spec requirements?  Why is there repeated references to 16 gb?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm caught up now.

Edited by curt1
New info

Lol, these are the guys who called the sim FS2020, FS20 & other made-up names.. We know Microsoft & ASOBO are watching the forums... 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

4 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Lol, these are the guys who called the sim FS2020, FS20 & other made-up names.. We know Microsoft & ASOBO are watching the forums... 

Until I'm in the testing group my working name for the project begins with FFS, not FS.

14 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Probably going to be the worst kept secret since Area 51.

Cheers, Rob.

🤣

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11