Sign in to follow this  
Flybynumbers

Why is there no flyinside forum?

Am I just not finding it? I think the forum should be arranged into categories of VR simulators and non-VR simulators to make it easier for newcomers who are interested in VR to be able to find all the related sims. 

Virtual Reality Simulators

- flyinside

- Aerofly FS 2

- DCS

Etc

Might as well since it appears VR is the way simulation is headed...as is all other gaming.

Edited by Flybynumbers

That's a strange category idea. I'm neither using VR in DCS nor in FS2.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

That's a strange category idea. I'm neither using VR in DCS nor in FS2.

Then you are missing out. 🙂

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

All of gaming is definitely not going towards VR. Not yet, anyway. 

RPG's already...now we have guardian space to walk around in...sports, boxing, COD...GTA etc. Everything is better in VR. 

But anyway back to my original question...why no flyinside forum?

Edited by Flybynumbers

I am against such way of rearranging the forum.
As for Flyinside, i guess it's not much popular?

Also this is the wrong section to ask about this.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

12 minutes ago, france89 said:

I am against such way of rearranging the forum.
As for Flyinside, i guess it's not much popular?

Also this is the wrong section to ask about this.

That's not why... they are one of the most popular sims for VR flying along with Aerofly and DCS...both of which have forums.

What does this have to do with MSFS20?????

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, Flybynumbers said:

That's not why... they are one of the most popular sims for VR flying along with Aerofly and DCS...both of which have forums.

DCS and probably Aerofly have a higher number of users than Flyinside, with and without VR. Hence why i think Flyinside is not here because it's not much relevant regardless of VR use

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

1 hour ago, Flybynumbers said:

RPG's already...now we have guardian space to walk around in...sports, boxing, COD...GTA etc. Everything is better in VR. 

But anyway back to my original question...why no flyinside forum?

RPG maybe, without the ‘s’. Virtually none of the major aaa games to come out in the last 18 months have offered VR (and in the few that have, it’s been some parlour game spin-off to the main game) and I can’t think of any of the main sports games that have VR in them? 

2 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

RPG maybe, without the ‘s’. Virtually none of the major aaa games to come out in the last 18 months have offered VR (and in the few that have, it’s been some parlour game spin-off to the main game) and I can’t think of any of the main sports games that have VR in them? 

Sad but true. After a very long wait, the PC version of RDR 2 was finally released a few days ago, but no VR on the PC platform either. The rumor persists that the Sony PlayStation 5 will have a high quality VR headset and that a number of PS4 games might be remastered to support VR on the PS5. Of course, we're talking about a release date for the PS5 as being holiday season 2020. 🙄

The flyinside forum is here.

https://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/

then go to support, scroll down to forum.

Edited by christb
additional info.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

5 hours ago, france89 said:

DCS and probably Aerofly have a higher number of users than Flyinside, with and without VR. Hence why i think Flyinside is not here because it's not much relevant regardless of VR use

I guess it's because they have their own forum as mentioned.

Edited by Flybynumbers

5 hours ago, Superdelphinus said:

https://www.vrandfun.com/master-list-of-all-of-the-upcoming-aaa-caliber-vr-games/

As far as sports; rather than the old majors, VR seems to be spawning new vr specific franchises with titles such as Creed and others, as well as expanding its already successful inroads into racing and obvious candidates for VR such as golf, tennis, etc.

If there is a stumbling block right now, it's how to transfer the old 2D concepts into a satisfying 3D Counterpart.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5