Sign in to follow this  
papaja

November 21st, 2019 – Development/Insider Update

28 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Let's hope that this can be maintained when tens of thousands of users are online at the same time. My connection is 50Mbps, but file download speeds from various locations can be a fraction of that at times.

I don't think MSFS will make much of a dent in total users. 

It's taking the data from the same system that's feeding their entire maps program, probably used by millions (or at least hundreds of thousands) of people at any given time across the planet. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 3

A little off topic from the actual weekly update but, uh... has tech alpha 1 actually started yet?  It's been a while since I've seen anyone even mention it here, despite the fact that it was supposed to begin in late October, and then again in mid November, haha.

Did it begin and I just didn't notice?  Or are they still getting it ready?

9 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

A little off topic from the actual weekly update but, uh... has tech alpha 1 actually started yet?  It's been a while since I've seen anyone even mention it here, despite the fact that it was supposed to begin in late October, and then again in mid November, haha.

If it started there would be more than a few people confirming. We've seen pretty much every email MS have sent to beta testers so far. So it's safe to say it hasn't started yet.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

34 minutes ago, Scottoest said:

not started yet 😉

Edited by vodka69

Is it just me or they have inverted the french flag colors at the Courchevel airport !?! 🤓

3 hours ago, Julkensen said:

Partnership can mean litteraly everything. It can range  from full support for developpement , from the plane geometry to the systems, and all the data you can think of. It can also mean a simple licensing to be able to use the company name and logo  ingame.

Exactly... This is why there are chances the default aircraft of MSFS might not have the same exact systems as those we are used to see modeled in 3rd party addons. And I wonder if commercial aircraft developers have any agreement with the companies...

Or maybe, they are not completed yet...

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

19 hours ago, dtrjones said:

Yes to be honest Orbx have done an amazing job as well as they always do, but the slope on FS2020 is a real AAA sloping slope 🙂.

Orbx correctly has no trees around the hotel and looks like a better match for the runway textures. Have a look at this landing video; 

But still the MSFS version looks beautiful and I would never notice or worry about the differences.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bonchie said:

About 20Mbps for full detail. It will scale down resolution from there of the streamed materials if you have a slower connection.

I believe so where I read from one of the people who attended The September preview that they where using a 25 Mbs connection. By all reports it worked fine with that, which is great because my connection speed is 150 Mbs.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Let's hope that this can be maintained when tens of thousands of users are online at the same time. My connection is 50Mbps, but file download speeds from various locations can be a fraction of that at times.

I would think the data will be replicated across multiple Azure data centres world wide, at least multiple centres in the USA & Europe, hopefully one in Australia too.

Matthew S

31 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Orbx correctly has no trees around the hotel and looks like a better match for the runway textures. Have a look at this landing video; 

But still the MSFS version looks beautiful and I would never notice or worry about the differences.

Nice video, I really hope that the grass strip they took off from will be usable in MSFS also, it looked pretty exciting. 

10 minutes ago, Raymond.Groenendijk said:

Nice video, I really hope that the grass strip they took off from will be usable in MSFS also, it looked pretty exciting. 

Agreed, but I don’t think I’d want to dirty my nice shiny turboprop on it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Nor will anyone else - Save the money and go default where possible.

IMO - OrbX will need to up their current game to get anymore of my money -- assuming they will be doing 3rd party MSFS anyhow.

The MSFS ‘default’ version will still have been heavily modified.It’s a custom airport. I wouldn’t expect that level of accuracy and resolution at all airports .

Not trying to be negative, just setting expectations. 

2 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I don't know if it has started yet or not, but I keep watching my inbox hoping a few more testers are being added and I might still get an invite... 😊

Ken

2 hours ago, Scottoest said:

I wouldn't be lying on the floor crying all day if it had.

Or who knows, maybe I would be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1