Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Rumor: Prepar3d V5 beta has started

8 hours ago, FDEdev said:

Sigh, I really dislike misleading headers like in this thread.

Couldn't agree more. 

Someone seems to be very bored, which is terrible given the almost infinite number of flights they could be doing!  LOL!!!

Besides, I can't believe I clicked on the bait!  Bad Dave, Bad DAVE!!!!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If it's on the internet it must be true... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

If it's on the internet it must be true... 

That's what Abraham Lincoln said.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

NAX669.png

39 minutes ago, mwilk said:

That's what Abraham Lincoln said.

LOL! That is my all time favorite quote from the internet!! Priceless

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

So what if it's started; honestly, at this point, who cares?  With the exception of a 64-bit architecture, the iteration between P3D V1 and V4 was hardly ground breaking; the visuals/environments only improved because of 3rd party vendors.  Does anyone really believe that v5 will be any different?  Do you think it will include updated visuals (e.g. landclass, airports, etc...)?  I suspect it will include the same data constructed two decades ago, similar to it's prior four releases.  It's over and we should all rejoice; soon, there will no longer be a need to spend $1000+ to built a realistic flight sim environment...

I'm sure LM will be happy to seed the civilian market back to MS and focus on their primary customers. LM defiantly filled a void; however, I don't see much of a future withing the civilian flight simming community.  

• Like 2

Matt King

11 hours ago, Wise87 said:

The comment is I'm not familiar with the language, no harm intended. I just simply don't recognize it. As far as the site goes, it looks like a forum of some type and not a regular news source or developers that I've seen before. Don't make this into something it's not. I was simply asking.

Welcome to the post modern Marxist age where if you ask a question about a group you are not familiar with, you are guilty of bigotry and a micro aggression. Your problem is that you are too low on the hierarchy of intersectionality so you need to check your privilege and go learn to speak, read and write in French as your penance. 🤣:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kingm56 said:

So what if it's started; honestly, at this point, who cares?  With the exception of a 64-bit architecture, the iteration between P3D V1 and V4 was hardly ground breaking; the visuals/environments only improved because of 3rd party vendors.  Does anyone really believe that v5 will be any different?  Do you think it will include updated visuals (e.g. landclass, airports, etc...)?  I suspect it will include the same data constructed two decades ago, similar to it's prior four releases.  It's over and we should all rejoice; soon, there will no longer be a need to spend $1000+ to built a realistic flight sim environment...

I'm sure LM will be happy to seed the civilian market back to MS and focus on their primary customers. LM defiantly filled a void; however, I don't see much of a future withing the civilian flight simming community.  

I, for one, am excited to see all the new bugs they introduce with V5 that will take them 6 months to fix. 

• Like 1

Thank you @cepact.  Appreciate the notice.  Curious as to what is going to be in P3Dv5 no matter when.  This is the P3D forum.  Interesting to see there are some current P3Dv4 users saying they have stopped buying P3D addons, will not buy P3Dv5, and will definitively jump to MS FS2020, but they're still in this forum.  Saw the same behavior on the FSX forum where folks where there just annoying FSX users to jump to P3D.  Mods had to intervene, which I'm sure we'll see here soon.  

P3Dv4's main feature was 64 bit.  Wonder if v5 will have something close to that.  Would like to see performance and reliability improvements.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

They just hint that it is started, then tell to expect some leakage at some point in the near future on the flight sim communities. Nothing more. 

Well see...

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

2 hours ago, Avidean said:

Welcome to the post modern maxist age where if you ask a question about a group you are not familiar with, you are guilty of bigotry and a micro aggression. Your problem is that you are too low on the hierarchy of intersectionality so you need to check you privilege and go learn to speak, read and write in French as your penance. 🤣:ph34r:

As someone who works in the post-secondary education sector, I appreciated the humour in your posting. LOL!

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

30 minutes ago, JRMurray said:

As someone who works in the post-secondary education sector, I appreciated the humour in your posting. LOL!

I'll credit my sense of humour to being mentally a product of post secondary education when it was good. 😁

• Like 2

Remember what they said about the French in the Da Vinci Code!

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

All the beauty of P3D is third-party developers. They see the future in a new engine MFS2020, there beauty is already laid in the base.. There are revolutionary changes. Progress cannot be stopped. P3D will go by the wayside gradually. He will age like FSX. There will remain users who care about autonomy. All simulator on SSD. 

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

15 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

There will remain users who care about autonomy. All simulator on SSD. 

Not sure if this is P3D related, since that's the way I'm going to use the new MSFS.

10 hours ago, kingm56 said:

So let me get this right.  You are dismissing a possible upgrade to an existing product, of which we don't know the content, in favour of a possible new product, of which we don't know the content? 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 5

ngxu_banner.png