Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

how do you see the msfs in a year?

1 hour ago, Twenty6 said:

Noted. I could very well be totally wrong. I grew up a Capitalist and think things thru by following the money.

I'm also a fisherman and find that hiding the hook with a juicy worm catches more fish.

Another - actually quite popular - method would be to establish an addon shop. There they could sell cosmetic items as well as big addons from themselves or third party devs, earning a certain percentage with each sale. Just like many other games do.

You would be surprised how much money people are willing to spend just for cosmetic items.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 1/13/2020 at 11:15 AM, Twenty6 said:

Noted. I could very well be totally wrong. I grew up a Capitalist and think things thru by following the money.

You may well be right for that matter. However making pronouncement as though they are already established fact is Disingenuous at best, and deceitful at worst...

I much prefer to allow things to proceed as they will with an open mind uncluttered by negative distractions. :laugh:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

46 minutes ago, n4gix said:

... uncluttered by negative distractions. :laugh:

Based on inaccurate, incomplete or biased assumptions on an incomplete unreleased application. Hehe

• Like 3

Hmmmm, probably uninstalled while I dig into XP12...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

On 1/12/2020 at 6:53 PM, FPStewy said:

January 2021 - MSFS should be released this year.

Exactly what I was thinking, the OP is suggesting MSFS will have matured in a year.

Maybe this person is forgetting the product is still very much in development and it will take most of this, if not next year before it is released.

Oh gosh I said next year - what an numpty - like software never gets delayed ever!... 😂

Edited by dtrjones

On 1/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, Deleted said:

I know. But I want to know how you will use the sim when it becomes normal. And not the first days after release. 

But it will be first days after release?

I'm sure after a year MSFS will be far from "normal". People will complain it sucks cause all the conflicts in addons causes it to crash, then blame Microsoft.  Lol

• Like 2

Forget what it's like in a year, just send me the word not allowed TA1 email so I can see what it's really like TODAY!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dtrjones said:

d it will take most of this, if not next year before it is released.

I wonder about that. I've zero experience in the development of a large game so this is going to be a wild speculation 😀

Alpha1 took about a month. If A2 requires the same as a Beta1 and a B2  and, let's be generous, a B3 FS20 will be ready early Summer . Crack the whip and E3, here we are ! 

OK let me don my flak jacket now 😋 !

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I've got experience with large projects.  They almost always take longer than you want them to. 🙂  I'm expecting an October/November release.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised, like I was with the A2A Cub.

I think the original poster was interested in what MSFS would be like a year after release, not a year from now. 😄  I'm interested in that myself.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I will use it for VFR flying the first months, as I am sure the default airliners will not be as advanced as I'd like them to be. I trust MS in creating proper GA planes and with its scenery it's perfect for VFR flying anyway! I expect good addon coverage soon however. Devs will jump on the MSFS2020 hype train pretty soon.

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On 1/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, jcomm said:

Hmmmm, probably installing it while I dig a hole to bury an overrated XP12 in...

Fixed it for you. 🙂

On 1/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, Twenty6 said:

You've got that backward. As an example, Apple makes money selling the iphone. But Apple makes MONEY selling services to use on the iphone. They sell you that service every month after month after month. Someone sold you the actual iphone... once. PMDG sells you a product once; Navigraph sells you a service every month.

Asobo will be selling FS2020 directly and/or thru the Microsoft Store. Either way Microsoft doesn't care cuz they have a minimal investment in the program's development and have long ago written off flight simulation software. And they'll grab 30% if checkout is thru their store.

So I buy FS2020 but it looks pretty much like P3D, or FSX:SE, or Xplane but it does come with a one month free subscription that will dramatically increase the visuals and therefore the immersion, the resolution, the level of detail. After the free month I can continue the ultimate experience all for the unbelievably low price of ??

But it won't be free. Streaming terrain, mesh and airport runways isn't going to help the blind to see, or the lame to walk. The only "feel good" moment will come when the accountants tell Microsoft they can write off the new servers and A/C units.

Apple makes money selling apps in the store. The Xbox Division of Microsoft makes money selling services, games, and accessories.

Selling MSFS without a subscription will both make Microsoft money at the point of sale, as well as potentially drive new Game Pass subscriptions for them.  Attaching a subscription to the core (and main) experience of the sim itself, has the potential to harm both of those things, as well as the sim's chances of establishing a dominant foothold in a currently-niche marketplace.

It's not as simple as "A subscription is a service.  We make money from services.  Ergo, let's attach a new subscription anywhere we can."  Microsoft have released plenty of games over the years with a variety of post-release monetization models.

You also elided the part where I mentioned that the success of MSFS potentially gives them a new platform from which to sell post-release add-ons for the next decade or more.  The more people using MSFS, the bigger the potential market.

Could MSFS still have a monthly cost attached?  Sure.  For a while I thought it was even probable.  I don't any more.

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

Fixed it for you. 🙂

Or both, and finding space for the latest version of IL2 or DCS, or even War Thunder !  😎

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...