Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

how do you see the msfs in a year?

I could die with just the MSFS we currently have and I would be a happy man. With the recent 737 I don't even care for a PMDG 737 . It would be good to have a  PMDG 777/747  or if Asobo fixes there  Dreamliner 787 or their 747. Other than that, everything else is a Bonus,. 

And I am dead serious with what I just said. 

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

18 minutes ago, Manny said:

With the recent 737

there's a 737?  when did we get a 737? payware?  I don't keep up with this stuff.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

2 hours ago, FPStewy said:

that's it though isn't it, no one wants to admit it or accept it but at the end of the day "entry level" is just a nice way of saying we want it to remain a dum-down simulator where anyone can simply take off on a taxi way and be part of it.

That's not entirely true - take Forza, for example. On easiest, it does everything for you, and is an arcade game. On hardest, it's not a half bad simulator, but it can't compete with the likes of, say, iRacing or Assetto Corsa.

Likewise, Flight Sim also has difficulty settings. On easiest, anyone should be able to fly, on hardest, you have to know what you are doing. Simplifying airliners isn't necessarily to make it easier for newcomers, it's to focus development time on more pressing areas and issues. Asobo likely foresaw something like FBW coming - probably not to this level - but they expected that community improvement mods would arrive. Why they didn't allow integration into the marketplace at launch, I don't know (maybe a higher-up having an "executive moment?"), but that's besides the point.

Honestly, I'd rather have a fully functional and stable sim with good enough default airplanes (and right now, most, if not all, default planes are good enough), than with a very buggy sim containing above average default airplanes. Might as well fly something rather than not at all, is my opinion.

tl;dr: Fs2020 has difficulty settings that can make a very precise airliner very easy to fly. That's not the reason they're simple. They're simple because more development time is and was put to making the sim stable. Remember that it's built on top of FSX.

• Like 1

I've slowly but steadily found myself spending more and more time back in P3D v4.5 after months of MSFS dominance.  I enjoy the ritual of using FSCaptain, setting up a flight and being graded on it, using GSX II, requesting ice treatment, and using the PMDG NGXu and 777 in my airline.  I find the old ATC is at least tolerable and sounds vastly better in P3D than MSFS.  If I could port it into MSFS I would.  MSFS at the moment for me is excellent in so many ways but without FSC & PMDG it's turning out not to have the staying power for me.  So I still fly in MSFS, but now down to about 25% of my sim time instead of the 90% it occupied for months.

Meanwhile, I became completely spoiled for scenery and atmosphere by MSFS.  So what I've done is fly in P3D exclusively from pre-dusk to post-dawn when scenery hardly matters, except the terminals I'm in.  This has had an unintended positive consequence:  I have been able to downturn all scenery sliders, and disable the very performance-demanding NCA & SCA regionals from Orbx because autogen and regional scenery doesn't matter during low light conditions.  I do use nice 3rd party payware terminals.  This means I can fly in and out of big terminals and have headroom to spare.  It is very nice 100% smooth flight, smooth AI traffic, and so forth.

So for me, the future of MSFS depends completely on PMDG and FSCaptain (I hope, or a similar product) and GSX as well.  Umberto of FSDT says he is on board w/ getting GSX running in MSFS.  When this happens I will have no reason to return to P3D, and quite frankly I would love to leave it.  I have to find a better ATC I can't stand the fake voice I hear in MSFS that's supposed to be me.  Vatsim is beyond where I want to go but hopefully another ATC will be worth the add-on.  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

4 hours ago, sightseer said:

there's a 737?  when did we get a 737? payware?  I don't keep up with this stuff.

4 hours ago, Manny said:

With the recent 737 I don't even care for a PMDG 737

https://secure.simmarket.com/bredok3d-boeing-737-max-msfs.phtml

Good grief, I can't believe I'm seeing this, I truly don't know how to even respond to this so maybe I won't, that's it for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

13 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Good grief, I can't believe I'm seeing this, I truly don't know how to even respond to this so maybe I won't, that's it for me.

Your point being? And there is already a close-to 60 page thread about this. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Nope, you're not alone...😂😎. Omg!!

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

22 hours ago, fppilot said:

I hope I finally see my home airport.  MSFS is on the left.  FSX with Orbx freeware world airports is on the right.  Also hope I see Asobo getting past the NIHS (not invented here syndrome) and partnering with a legitimate and proven avionics developer, a more complete nav database partner (USA), and with an effective weather engine partner for at least USA weather.  Also hope to hear.....  A system for ATIS/AWOS that is not 100% embarrassing, and valid ATC system with recognition, accuracy, and correct regional phraseology. 

image.png.6db51122ff0fe6f6b6a97f52c8b222c1.png

Metoblue is a terrible weather partner. They would have been better served signing an agreement with HiFi.  As long as Asobo stays in bed with Metoblue, the weather will never be where we want it.,especially for North America pilots. 

Eric 

20 hours ago, EmaRacing said:

I see it as mostly the same, with the live weather bug not working after the first flight still in place, but with some brand new bugs introduced by the various updates.

It's astonishing that this bug still exists. Unbelievable.....

• Like 1

Eric 

12 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Metoblue is a terrible weather partner. They would have been better served signing an agreement with HiFi.  As long as Asobo stays in bed with Metoblue, the weather will never be where we want it.,especially for North America pilots. 

What exactly is wrong with it? To me it looks like it is pretty much spot on.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

The same would appear to hold true for avionics and navdata.  Some of the regional USA airports I fly to and from have only a fraction of the published approach's.  RXP with the Garmin Trainer has them all.  Huge difference.  Of course that doesn't matter much once the MSFS G1000's lock up (including the AP) in the flight planning or procedures pages.  Even with the latest WT mod.  I have a defined schedule to fly this week and its all in FSX SE.  Just cannot invest time enroute in MSFS to have a lock up derail me and have to start over.

Maybe early next week I can get in a couple of scenic $100 pancake or $100 hamburger VFR flights with MSFS.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere