Sign in to follow this  
Deleted

how do you see the msfs in a year?

8 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Man, I must be the only optimistic guy in this thread.

No you're not, fortunately 😉

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Just trying to improve the sim. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sure, whatever, lol. Fantastic approach, calling it a fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

At times the sim has been unstable, leading to CTDs

indeed negative but everyone's milage may vary. I for myself consider the latest "patch" which came with WU3 the best ever because it - knock on wood - completely eliminated CTDs on my end even with Multiplayer on. That was a no go for the last months, had to disable AI Traffic, MP traffic, Azure Voice up to Bing Data in the end. Now: all fine. That's been the biggest achievement so far. Anything else will fall into places, from wind/weather (addressed in next SimUpdate though actually fine for me aleady since months), coastlines, taxi lights and so on and so on. For me all the latter things do not count if MSFS crashes when approaching an airport, in mid flight or just after I loaded a flight. 

but again, that's only my end. I feel sorry for those who saw CTDs only introduced w/ WU3 or those still suffering CTDs. Been there done that. And fully aware that my CTDs may return any time with the next update. Fingers crossed

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Sure, whatever, lol. Fantastic approach, calling it a fiasco.

You prefer fiesta. I prefer fiasco. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

how do you see the msfs in a year?

With my eyes...  

• Like 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

And during all that time people can't stop whining about this and that i finished a VFR trip round the globe in the XCub, a trip from Germany down to Australia in the Bonanza and about 500 hours in the Longitude. All without bigger issues and with great performance.

Time is short. Stop complaining, start enjoying!

Edited by ThomseN_inc
  • Like 3

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

35 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Time is short. Stop complaining, start enjoying!

I agree with your overall sentiment however, there’s a real misconception on a lot of threads lately that if you complain about something in the sim then you mustn’t be enjoying the sim and appreciating it.
For me I would fly everyday if I had the time, I am absolutely blown away by it however, is there things that drive me a bit mad yes, is there bugs yes can it be better YES.... acknowledging these issues an wanting to discuss them should be accepted just as the person that starts a thread saying it’s amazing should also be accepted. People that go in there and say ‘erm x y z is broke’ I don’t agree with an that works both ways for me and it’s not a matter of different opinions it takes any meaningful discussion away an becomes a ‘am right your wrong’ pointless discussion.

This isn’t aimed at you specific just a general feeling of the way this forum seems to be going lately.

Anyway back to the topic 😊... DX12 a few more world updates (followed by bug fixes of course) and known issues resolved then PMDG on the horizon, plus a couple hundred additional add ons... I think will be in sim heaven.

• Like 2

I hope I finally see my home airport.  MSFS is on the left.  FSX with Orbx freeware world airports is on the right.  Also hope I see Asobo getting past the NIHS (not invented here syndrome) and partnering with a legitimate and proven avionics developer, a more complete nav database partner (USA), and with an effective weather engine partner for at least USA weather.  Also hope to hear.....  A system for ATIS/AWOS that is not 100% embarrassing, and valid ATC system with recognition, accuracy, and correct regional phraseology. 

image.png.6db51122ff0fe6f6b6a97f52c8b222c1.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 1/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, tweekz said:

I thought that's a relict from the past. Anyway, same goes for streaming movies or anything else. It's your responsibility. 😉

If I watch a movie in HD via streaming, that generally runs around 2-3 GB per hour. Instead of watching a movie, I fly MS 2020. I don't think it uses as much data per hour as movie watching. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

A year from now MSFS still in business and much more complaining by some and more enjoyment by others.

I can remember when MS flight was around, and people whined and complained about every little thing they didn't like, day after day. I posted a few times back then that sooner or later, MS was going to get tired of reading these endless negative comments from all the "experts", and pull the plug on the entire thing. Guess what, that is exactly what happened. My feeling now  is if you are that unhappy with MSFS, move on.. Go to X plane or P3D, or DCS world, and let the rest of us enjoy what we think is a good sim. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

16 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

I agree with your overall sentiment however, there’s a real misconception on a lot of threads lately that if you complain about something in the sim then you mustn’t be enjoying the sim and appreciating it.
For me I would fly everyday if I had the time, I am absolutely blown away by it however, is there things that drive me a bit mad yes, is there bugs yes can it be better YES.... acknowledging these issues an wanting to discuss them should be accepted just as the person that starts a thread saying it’s amazing should also be accepted. People that go in there and say ‘erm x y z is broke’ I don’t agree with an that works both ways for me and it’s not a matter of different opinions it takes any meaningful discussion away an becomes a ‘am right your wrong’ pointless discussion.

This isn’t aimed at you specific just a general feeling of the way this forum seems to be going lately.

Anyway back to the topic 😊... DX12 a few more world updates (followed by bug fixes of course) and known issues resolved then PMDG on the horizon, plus a couple hundred additional add ons... I think will be in sim heaven.

I generally agree. Pointing out a bug or an issue is one thing, endless complains about things like "runway centerline lights should be slightly offset of the markings" and such really annoy me.

It tells me that people will never be satisfied no matter how good MSFS will get. These people would sit in a Level D full motion Simulator and complain about having no real daylight lighting in the cockpit. Its just the way people are i guess.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Despite the problems and negativity (and I've had a few), MSFS is great and there is a lot to be pisitive about.  I'm hoping Asobo will look at FSX and X Plane and gradually add in some of the features we used to have and possibly improve on them.

And a big shout to the freeware developers who are keeping me as interested as MS are.  Hardly a day goes by when I don't find another piece of freeware to download and most of them are really good.  I've probably downloaded 100 by now and of all of them there is only one I have discarded.

I created a lot of scenery for FSX and hope to start doing some for MSFS at some time, though it's such a long time ago, I'm going to have to relearn a few old skills and new tricks. Photoscenery was a great source of satisfaction, though I was never able to share it because the files were just to big for my slow connection at the time.  Even a bit of simple object placing can liven up your favourite airfields, glider fields and microlight fields (Need to pop over and see if Scruffyduck is still about as I've not been there for years).

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

I feel it will be another 3 years at least to the first instance of a matured sim, I feel it will take that long to bed down. No bad thing of course.

For a me  -  a customer about to purchase the game - this will be a strictly GA bush flying title only. However, far from being a bitter rival to X-Plane 11 on my system they will instead compliment each other perfectly, the former used for light GA and the latter for real-world airliner hops. I see from the comments that others are doing similar with their installations of FSX & P3D.

4 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Despite the problems and negativity (and I've had a few), MSFS is great and there is a lot to be pisitive about.  I'm hoping Asobo will look at FSX and X Plane and gradually add in some of the features we used to have and possibly improve on them.

And a big shout to the freeware developers who are keeping me as interested as MS are.  Hardly a day goes by when I don't find another piece of freeware to download and most of them are really good.  I've probably downloaded 100 by now and of all of them there is only one I have discarded.

I created a lot of scenery for FSX and hope to start doing some for MSFS at some time, though it's such a long time ago, I'm going to have to relearn a few old skills and new tricks. Photoscenery was a great source of satisfaction, though I was never able to share it because the files were just to big for my slow connection at the time.  Even a bit of simple object placing can liven up your favourite airfields, glider fields and microlight fields (Need to pop over and see if Scruffyduck is still about as I've not been there for years).

Oh yes, he still works diligently at fsdeveloper and there is an release of ADE for use with MSFS, though not all features are included yet.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]