Sign in to follow this  
Theboot100

NDA leaks reporting

On 2/7/2020 at 2:20 AM, Theboot100 said:

Yesterday a beta tester uploaded 3 videos to YouTube (the longest one was 30 minutes)

I managed to download a copy of all 3 of them before the videos were marked as private viewing only.  The uploader was not very bright as he also had a camera on himself while playing on 2 of the videos and the full watermarks.

The videos are marked as private now and not able to view. I'm not going to link the YouTube channel or send anyone a copy of the videos.

I'm a bit annoyed because we all wanted to get in and do the right thing and yet some that do get in don't do the right thing.  He was also extremely bad at flying.

Is there anywhere were we can report video leaks?

To the original poster :

I can not understand your post : the NDA is an agreement between the tester and Microsoft. You have nothing to do with that, unless you work for Microsoft.

Why do you want to report a leak? That´s Microsoft´s problem, I do not think they need (and wish) us to report such things and be their internet police. They are big enough to deal with it themselves.

Yes these are lovely videos by why "ironically" ? Anyway, I was talking of a short flight from startup to arrival, by a proficient simmer and/or pilot, not a promotional video.

20 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

There is already ~ 50 minutes worth of b-roll footage which ironically looks better than what was leaked from the Alpha:

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 minute ago, domkle said:

Yes these are lovely videos by why "ironically" ? Anyway, I was talking of a short flight from startup to arrival, by a proficient simmer and/or pilot, not a promotional video.

I mean it's ironic that "b-roll" footage taken from a build of FS2020 about ~ 6 months old looks better than what was leaked from a newer Alpha build!

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mSparks said:

It is amazing what you can do on next gen hardware with very little effort.

But dont expect these graphics on anything less than an xbox2020 or a brand new $6000 PC plus a subscription to gamepass.

What we saw in the leak is likely going to be fairly close to what you get offline on current gen hardware. In fact probably turned down a bit more, given that was a 1080 and it still stuttered.

Xbox Series X? 

It's pointless guessing yet how things are going to go with hardware. This game is being made for Windows 10 and Xbox One (not the Series X). So it might well be optimised properly for a Xbox One X.

35 minutes ago, mSparks said:

But dont expect these graphics on anything less than an xbox2020 or a brand new $6000 PC plus a subscription to gamepass.

What we saw in the leak is likely going to be fairly close to what you get offline on current gen hardware. In fact probably turned down a bit more, given that was a 1080 and it still stuttered.

How do you know it was a 1080 ? Please source this info, the leaker didn't mention his hardware anywhere. Seems to me like one more of your assumptions... Like a $6000 PC, that's ridiculous. A $2000 PC will already get you the very latest high-end hardware, and that will be more than enough to run MSFS at max settings. Also the gamepass assumption has been debunked many times already.
I understand you're trying to find every angle possible to make MSFS look bad, but PLEASE use real infos for that, not fake ones.... 😒

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, divide said:

How do you know it was a 1080 ? Please source this info, the leaker didn't mention his hardware anywhere. Seems to me like one more of your assumptions... Like a $6000 PC, that's ridiculous. A $2000 PC will already get you the very latest high-end hardware, and that will be more than enough to run MSFS at max settings. Also the gamepass assumption has been debunked many times already.
I understand you're trying to find every angle possible to make MSFS look bad, but PLEASE use real infos for that, not fake ones.... 😒

While I agree with you, what do you mean the Gamepass has been debunked?

Asobo already said in a couple interviews that while the Gamepass will be an option to access the game, it's absolutely not mandatory and a one time-purchase will also get you the full game, including Bing data streaming.

Edited by divide
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, divide said:

Asobo already said in a couple interviews that while the Gamepass will be an option to access the game, it's absolutely not mandatory and a one time-purchase will also get you the full game, including Bing data streaming.

Oh ok, I thought you meant it wasn't coming to gamepass. 

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Yeah, piece of cake. All Asobo did was plug in a 2080Ti, fire up FSX and change the name

Where do we start with this one? I know, let's not bother.

That is 4 sentences in 3 paragraphs, all based on the most pessimistic guesses you could possibly make. Just when I think you might be trying to shed some of the bias and stop looking at everything with your "glass is empty" mindset (we can only dream of you finding a half empty one) you come out with this twoddle.

Please allow the air to exit via the hole that is approximately 3ft higher than the one you are currently using.

Edited by b737800
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, b737800 said:

Yeah, piece of cake. All Asobo did was plug in a 2080Ti,

raymarched (not raytraced) clouds, high performance global lighting and pbr out of the box.

Take the beefy rtx away, take away all that too. Unless you put an artist on hand modifying every detail.

The clouds in the leak are not even up to xenviro standards. They look nothing like the official videos. Runway assets look like a direct copy and paste from the crew 2. night lighting looks like something out of a childrens book.

all based on the most pessimistic guesses you could possibly make

If I was being pessimistic I would be talking about the way the nose of the aircraft snaps back down level every time he lets go of the yolk, or how flying directly into CB would send the aircraft hurtling downward in a ballistic bye bye.

Or how it seems to be devoid of any kind of crash damage.

glass is empty

This glass is full of microsoft. They have a lot of broken promises to make up for.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

28 minutes ago, mSparks said:

The clouds in the leak are not even up to xenviro standards. They look nothing like the official videos. Runway assets look like a direct copy and paste from the crew 2. night lighting looks like something out of a childrens book.

W-What!!? 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

28 minutes ago, mSparks said:

quoting the usual negative waffle...

...and you have ZERO clue what hardware was being used and ZERO clue what settings were in play.

I could have abbreviated that to you have ZERO clue.

I'm breaking my own rule of not giving trolls any kind of attention but that post was just insane. And not in a good way.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

33 minutes ago, mSparks said:

It should not have to be said yet again that the tester who leaked the footage was running the game on low settings, captured the video in 720p, and with all the re-uploading it has been badly compressed several times. Of course it's not going to look anything like the official footage, which was captured in 4K with settings likely turned to the maximum.

5 minutes ago, b737800 said:

nd you have ZERO clue what hardware was being used

They were posted on the original channel for his Fortnite videos. 1080, 3.7Ghz (might have been Ti, but that detail doesn't really matter)

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer