Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. In late April, Asobo Studios will make a "Save the Date" announcement about MFS. What do you think the announcement will be?

• The release date for MFS
    • The pricing plan for MFS
    • The addition of VR to MFS
    • A list of third-party developers who are already working on MFS with Asobo
    • The addition of helicopters to MFS
    • The introduction of all four seasons to MFS
    • Something else completely unexpected

27 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

OK, that settles it then. But be careful when quoting a post suggesting that Asobo are arrogant and saying "I agree completely"

Oh crikey it's the Thought Police 👮‍♂️  Quick hide and nobody think, let alone express any opinion...

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

15 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

... 👮‍♂️ ...

Oh cool! There's a Police Smiley! 😮😄

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Oh crikey it's the Thought Police 👮‍♂️  Quick hide and nobody think, let alone express any opinion...

There's a difference between expressing your opinion and constantly being excessively rude towards a development team doing their best to engage with the community in these difficult times, and demanding an apology on top of that.

Here's your post by the way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

There's a difference between expressing your opinion and constantly being excessively rude towards a development team doing their best to engage with the community in these difficult times, and demanding an apology on top of that

Where have I been constantly excessively rude?   How is it rude to express an opinion it's arrogance to proclaim we "Save the date" and then deliver only specs?  Look up the word arrogance in a dictionary if you need some clarity.

23 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Here's your post by the way.

Yes and your point is?  You think that we should never express our disappointment and ask for change?  Shall we all then just cower in the corner lest we offend someone at Asobo?

I think they realise my disappointment is genuine, I'm not trolling... Are you?

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

On 4/20/2020 at 9:27 AM, Casualcas said:

I should have said, sending out invites to all, but only a quarter get in. Lol

a quarter? that's VERY optimistic.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

Where have I been constantly excessively rude?   How is expressing an opinion that it's arrogance to proclaim we "Save the date" and then deliver only specs?  Look up the word arrogance in a dictionary if you need some clarity.

In most of your posts? They never said anything close to revealing the release date in the development roadmap, and as I already explained, "save the date" means "mark the date for a special announcement". The system requirements is a significant announcement for the majority of people anticipating the simulator, if you felt underwhelmed yourself that's understandable, but suggesting Asobo are misleading us, treating us like trash and owe us an apology is just plain rude. I too am not completely satisfied with everything they have shown so far, but what is meaningless to me could be meaningful to many others, and in the end I am grateful they are making the effort to please as many people as possible. Would you rather go back to the times where we wouldn't have any significant news on the flight simulation front for several months or even years?

And your expectations are still too high. The reveal of the release date is more of a Microsoft matter, not Insider Program or Development Update content. You can expect something at any of the Xbox digital events this year.

9 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Yes and your point is?  You think that we should never express our disappointment and ask for change?  Shall we all then just cower in the corner lest we offend someone at Asobo?

You can express your disappointment if something that was stated in the development roadmap was not appended (unless there is a good reason for the delay, like that Partnership Series announcement that was delayed due to the virus). But expressing your disappointment for something that was not even in the roadmap? There is no logic behind that.

• Upvote 1

I have a huge amount of respect for the work that has gone into making this sim. I can't think of another software release that has me so excited. I am in awe of the innovation that going into what I know is going to be a remarkable product, one that I have a feeling will redefine the genre as we know it. I am also thankful to know the hardware recommendations and overjoyed that the sim will run on such a wide range of specs. 

All that being said...um...this was not really "save the date" worthy. I mean, you can infer all sorts of good things by the fact that hardware specs are being announced, but "save the date" is usually doesn't involve inferring things (like a release is closer that we thought) that may or may not actually be. "Save the date" is "Put this on your calendar! There is a major event that you don't want to miss!" Hardware specs are good...no, I'd even say great - but not "save the date" great. Oh well, the team has done a really masterful job of communicating so a little misstep here and there is certainly forgivable. No hard feelings...but if they really wanted smooth out any customer relationship ripples - especially after the alpha survey email mistake earlier this week, they can always get that alpha invite out. That would go a loooooong way 🙂

• Like 2

Chris

8 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

You can express your disappointment if something that was stated in the development roadmap was not appended (unless there is a good reason for the delay, like that Partnership Series announcement that was delayed due to the virus). But expressing your disappointment for something that was not even in the roadmap? There is no logic behind that.

A little self righteous? 😇

11 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

They never said anything close to revealing the release date in the development roadmap, and as I already explained, "save the date" means "mark the date for a special announcement".

Look at the poll, community were expecting a release date announcement, Asobo's "special announcement" was specs.  So Asobo proclaim we "save the date" for their "special announcement" and yet are clearly out of touch with what the community expected.  Maybe arrogance is too strong a term 🤔  In any case, very disappointing!   Oops, I did it again, expressed a dissenting opinion, they're coming for me 👮‍♂️

Matthew S

8 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Hardware specs are good...no, I'd even say great - but not "save the date" great

Exactly.

Matthew S

7 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

A little self righteous? 😇

It is illogical to expect more than what is promised, and then expect compensation for your unfulfilled wish. This is not just my opinion. I would look into your sense of entitlement if I were you.

9 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Look at the poll, community were expecting a release date announcement, Asobo's "special announcement" was specs.  So Asobo proclaim we "save the date" for their "special announcement" and yet are clearly out of touch with what the community expected.  Maybe arrogance is too strong a term 🤔  In any case, very disappointing!   Oops, I did it again, expressed a dissenting opinion, they're coming for me 👮‍♂️

They do not owe anything to the community's expectations, especially considering that a release date announcement was not being hinted at. They hinted at a special announcement, and the system requirements are very important to lots of users. Mostly because it ends most of the blatant misinformation going on here regarding the hardware requirements.

I was talking about the rude tone of your posts and claiming that the system requirements is a meaningless announcement. The post by snglecoil above is a much better example of expressing your disappointment.

I didn't want to be rude. There is more important these days than my disappoinment. 

Wow guys! It is surprising to see the reaction to such an important update. Min system requirements are so important regarding the success of a game or simulator. This is definitely worthy of a save the date announcement. It may not be what we were hoping for, but it’s definitely a big deal.  Let’s try to just get over our disappointment and move on.  

To MS/ASOBO:

Thank you guys so much for all the hard work you put into making sure that this sim will be one of the best, if not the best, for the foreseeable future. This system requirements update was awesome , and all of us here at again appreciate the work and research that went into sharing the info. Sure, we may have been hoping for something bigger, but this is pretty awesome. Thanks for all you do — for gamers, for simmers, for us all. 

P.S.   
Could you pls include at least one video in the next update?  Thx

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Usvart said:

Who said this?

10 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Asobo you have got to be joking!  You release specs, big deal, what a let down!

How about uploading some videos and screenshots, by way of apology.

Or better yet, just open the alpha to everyone who applied... Talk about treating your community like trash, way to go!