Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?

What's Asobo's "Save the Date" announcement?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. In late April, Asobo Studios will make a "Save the Date" announcement about MFS. What do you think the announcement will be?

• The release date for MFS
    • The pricing plan for MFS
    • The addition of VR to MFS
    • A list of third-party developers who are already working on MFS with Asobo
    • The addition of helicopters to MFS
    • The introduction of all four seasons to MFS
    • Something else completely unexpected

Stringing out all the teaser campaign for their new flight sim as they are doing, is rapidly reaching the point where it is outstaying its welcome. Frankly, it is starting to get annoying and counter-productive.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

6 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

I don't think so. They probably just accidentally sent it to all insiders not just Alpha testers.

I'm an insider and didn't get the email. Maybe they sent the wrong email, and it was supposed to be the invite.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

5 hours ago, Chock said:

Stringing out all the teaser campaign for their new flight sim as they are doing, is rapidly reaching the point where it is outstaying its welcome. Frankly, it is starting to get annoying and counter-productive.

I don't want to even think of what would happen to this forum if the FS20 team went into radio silence. Come on, we have been teased for 10 months now, what is a puny 8 month waiting left  (maybe seven of they release it for Thanksgiving 😋)! 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Isn't it fairly obvious. This is what they said in the last update:

“WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ONCE THE NDA HAS BEEN LIFTED?”

• AVSIM THREAD

And maybe we can help fulfill some of those requests in the next update!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 767lover said:

Isn't it fairly obvious. This is what they said in the last update:

“WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE ONCE THE NDA HAS BEEN LIFTED?”

• AVSIM THREAD

And maybe we can help fulfill some of those requests in the next update!

Pretty sure that's not what they meant. They'll just read that thread and find alpha tester (or even take their own) pictures of some of the requests.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Chock said:

My guess: a grand announcement for the release date of the video presenting the new background color of their road map.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Chock said:

If this announcement is something big, i.e. a release date or coming early access, they will have timed it just right I think.

But I agree that they can't keep this up another 6 months. Something has to give or the hype will die out.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, loubar said:

https://www.flightsimulator.com/save-the-date-04-21-20/

Looks like it was a specs announcement.

I'm hoping for a "Save the Date vol 2", otherwise I'm really disappointed.

• Like 2

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

I'm hoping for a "Save the Date vol 2", otherwise I'm really disappointed.

Why disappointed? I'm sure releasing specs means that it's much further along than expected and maybe we get it sooner. They are confident enough that they have it stable and optimized.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Darcanlos said:

Why disappointed? I'm sure releasing specs means that it's much further along than expected and maybe we get it sooner. They are confident enough that they have it stable and optimized.

I was hoping for a release date or a public paid beta 🙂

• Like 2

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Just now, Thomasso said:

I was hoping for a release date or a public paid beta 🙂

I can't deny that would have been better...

Asobo you have got to be joking!  You release specs, big deal, what a let down!

How about uploading some videos and screenshots, by way of apology.

Or better yet, just open the alpha to everyone who applied... Talk about treating your community like trash, way to go!

Matthew S

21 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Asobo you have got to be joking!  You release specs, big deal, what a let down!

How about uploading some videos and screenshots, by way of apology.

Or better yet, just open the alpha to everyone who applied... Talk about treating your community like trash, way to go!

No buy?

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.