Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

P3DV5: "DGXI error device hung" with an RTX 2080Ti (?)

4k and TrueSky enabled?

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Is that the A330 Aerosoft? Is it updated to V5 already. If not....I wouldn't wonder about these abnormally dxgi messages. 

No, it is the Aerosoft 320 and I know that also this bird is not updated for v5 yet. However, it appears that this DXGI_Error is not related to incompatible aircraft as it also happens with stock aircraft and with my Q400. A demanding airport like EGLL or EDFF helps to trigger this bug.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

why not 445.87 ?

whats a "studio" driver ?

thanks

Its in the download type box. The studio driver has yet to crash my sim where the 445.87 game drivers or others cause the DGXI error on my system..  It also makes everything sharper and tighter.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/studio-driver/

Edited by FreeBird(Josh)

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

36 minutes ago, klimpen said:

Yes,4 k and true sky enabled and No crash

Ok, thanks.

35 minutes ago, Yogipriester said:

No, it is the Aerosoft 320 and I know that also this bird is not updated for v5 yet. However, it appears that this DXGI_Error is not related to incompatible aircraft as it also happens with stock aircraft and with my Q400. A demanding airport like EGLL or EDFF helps to trigger this bug.

Yes, and I am more and more sure that this bug is addon scenery related ONLY.
I can max all the sliders with TS and 4K enabled @ LGSK (29Palms) and never exceed 6.2 Gb and no crash.
Same config, same weather @PHNL (Orbx) and immediately reach 8.5Gb with a very probable crash.
No matter the plane.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 minute ago, David Roch said:

Yes, and I am more and more sure that this bug is addon scenery related ONLY.

No matter the plane.

My EGLL is for v5 and that is the airport where the DGXI error comes within seconds. Of course I can not vouch that the developers did a good job on it 😖

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

3 hours ago, klimpen said:

Something can be wrong with Nvidias latest driver. I installera latest studiodriver and everything is fine.

I have tried the last two Studio drivers (currently on the latest one), and I can still recreate the crashes.  It seems anytime I have to open any popup window - F1 GTN, Carenado gauges, Majestic Q400 PFD, etc - the sim will start to struggle with fps jumping all of the place and if I am in a demanding scenery area, then the crashes occur. (Although I haven't done enough testing to absolutely confirm it is interacting with the popup windows all the time.) I lengthened the driver timeout detection in my registry from the default 2 to 10 seconds to test, and with that I can get an ntdll.dll crash before the DXGI error message kicks in, but not always that - sometimes it is a kernalbase.dll error for example.

I think the ATC window crash that L-M fixed in HF1 was a "canary in the coal mine" for bigger issues with how the sim operates with DX12.  And enough people that code in that environment have now weighed in in different venues and confirmed that the way it is being implemented in v5 is not yet fully stable.

I have done all the various checks to my Windows environment, and I don't get any of these errors with any other applications... just P3D v5.  (So before someone chimes in with "reinstall Windows"... sorry, not spending all my time troubleshooting when my system works rock-solid for everything else. Unlike some, my system is not solely a flight sim rig and I need to use it for other things.)

I have shelved v5 for now (not uninstalled or anything, just not using it) and gone back to 4.5, until L-M and the developers get their hands around these issues.  It is even worse for the AMD users, as there seem to be some real incompatibilities there.  But Nvidia setups are seeing similar problems, may be just not to the same extent.  I just don't have the time to go chasing around which settings might or might not lead to the instability.  It's great that people are able to find some workarounds for their systems, but I don't see an obvious "smoking gun" that is working for everyone consistently.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

I got my first hung at EGLL in the PMDG 747 today at gate 534 but this was after installing AI and set to 100 aircraft in FSUIPC.

reducing this to 40 with a combo to deactivate simobjects shadow recieve and it went away so I could complete a flight to AS EDDF with FTXEN and FTXGES and ASP3D with truesky. 

Michael Moe

Btw. 25 fps in 4K/2048 textures medium,dense settings all the trip and max 5.8gb VRAM

I7-4770@4,6 ht on,1080ti

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, klimpen said:

Something can be wrong with Nvidias latest driver. I installera latest studiodriver and everything is fine.

thanks the plot thickens

14ppkc-6.png

The video card should support any load without such errors.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

15 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

The video card should support any load without such errors.

something is a miss , I dont for one minute believe activesky is casuing it.  

14ppkc-6.png

This is quite obviously NOT a hardware or driver issue - its a bug in the LM code.  No if's or but's.  Does anyone know if they are aware of the issue?

First flight I got the hang. I defaulted Nvidia Control Panel 3D Profiles and not had one hang since.

That is while running stock v5.0.21.34874. Meaning not using my favourite plane or airport - nothing added.

Using EA Beta and moderate settings. NVLinked 2080Ti x 2, 4k display and in-sim resolution, 9980Xe 64GB HT Enabled AM=16777045.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Yes, no hang on a vanilla install.
But as soon as you'll use 4096 texture size + EA on a heavy airport it will very probably crash unless P3DV5 fully supports SLI.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

Ever tried NVIDIA "Studio driver" which is not wringing out your GPU to the last drop for benchmark lists?

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png