Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Holding out hope for great "Hotfix"!

It's a rainy Sunday afternoon and I'd just like to say something.  I've been flying V5 this morning and every day since it came out.  I've downloaded any planes or sceneries that have V5 installers and even loaded some that were meant for V4.  Most everything works pretty well.  Weather is via REX SkyForce.  I love SkyForce but I love it for other reasons....not weather.  So, I miss V4.5 and Active Sky and all the planes and sceneries that worked so well.

I have very high hopes for this version becoming what I (and probably YOU) want it to be.  Version 4.5 was darn good.  I had no complaints AT ALL. I can only hope that the "hotfix" and many V5 renditions of my favorite planes and sceneries will make me a TRUE believer as I was for V4.  I upgraded because I expected it to be a whole lot better experience.  It's good.....but so far it's not a whole lot better experience.  I have patience. I really do.

By the end of a couple of weeks, I expect to be super impressed with this new version of P3d.  We'll see.  Version 4 is still on my hard drive (inactive...but ready to go). I hope Lockheed is paying close attention to this forum and these loyal simmers.  I hope they work really hard to make this $200+ program all that they and we want it to be.

Oh well, that's my rambling from a quarantined house (thank God we are still doing well) on a super rainy Sunday afternoon,

Stan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm staying with v4.5. From what I've read there is NO reason to go to v5. Maybe sometime in the future, but not now.......Doug

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Someday soon, I hope, it will be the best!

I've got v5 installed and set up with every thing from v4.5 that was compatible w/v5, but am flying 4.5 HF3. V5 is usable but a wee bit to rough on my 1060 w/6GB. Not at all was I dissatisfied with my v5 purchase. Just waiting to see what v5 hotfix brings. May even have to wait for another one after that. 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

7 minutes ago, W2DR said:

I'm staying with v4.5. From what I've read there is NO reason to go to v5. Maybe sometime in the future, but not now.......Doug

Smoother performance

better fps

better visuals

Those are 3 good reasons that come to mind for me.

• Like 22
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hoping by Thursday/Friday the hotfix will drop and then the first full week of may we start seeing addons roll out. I am excited for PMDG/fslabs and active sky

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

1 minute ago, Mroberts95 said:

Hoping by Thursday/Friday the hotfix will drop and then the first full week of may we start seeing addons roll out. I am excited for PMDG/fslabs and active sky

Yes.  Patience should pay off.  That's why I decided to write this post.  I want Lockheed Martin to know we are really rooting for them and looking forward to a spectacular product.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spilok said:

Yes.  Patience should pay off.  That's why I decided to write this post.  I want Lockheed Martin to know we are really rooting for them and looking forward to a spectacular product.

For sure. I think once people see the performance gains with airliners and active sky and how nice it looks I think people will start to move over.

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

Just now, Mroberts95 said:

For sure. I think once people see the performance gains with airliners and active sky and how nice it looks I think people will start to move over.

When this happens... definitely!

My biggest concern, will that hotfix cure all these CTDs which occur at various situations like "changing settings", "changing time/date", "loading into some ORBX airports" and sometimes "out of nothing". Second is the "wind directions" bug.  Third are all these incredible "long menu loading times", not to speak from the initial loading time to reach the welcome screen (> 7 minutes when AIG AIM traffic is active).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I agree with your thoughts Stan.  I’m running both sims but am patiently waiting for the hot fix so I can really get going with v5.  I’m sure i will, and hopefully without needing to upgrade my gtx1070 to something with 11gb of vram (though I do have the upgrade itch admittedly), so it will be an interesting few weeks for us.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Performance is superb and this alone is a good reason for me to switch to v5 asap. If they manage to fully implement TrueSky with probably v5.1 until the summer this will be a great platform. So we can patiently wait and see what MSFS2020 brings to the table in the coming months/years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Manuel Miller

Love maintaining a smooooooth 30 FPS as my plane randomly crashes into an invisible wall. Thanks LM!

p.s. Stop complaining about spending $200 on this when you could've spent $60. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Chapstick said:

Love maintaining a smooooooth 30 FPS as my plane randomly crashes into an invisible wall. Thanks LM!

p.s. Stop complaining about spending $200 on this when you could've spent $60. 

No complaints!  I'm a retired business owner, and fortunately I'm ok with funding my "hobby".  Just looking forward to my money's worth.

Stan

I think some folks will be disappointed with the coming hotfix if they expect it will drop the vram usage magically.

what the hotfix will bring is the ability to detect a potential increase of the vram usage over the budget without crashing the sim. But you will still need to reduce your visual settings. That is how DX12 works.

I also think some developers will need to optimize their textures size to leave enough VRAM space while flying.

Just to give you an example: Latinvfr LEMD is a great product, but sitting in the tarmac with the NGXu and texture resolution at 2048 is making my p3dv5 reach almost 8.2gb out 9.2 available. But, keeping the same settings in Aerosoft EGLL with Orbx TE GB my VRAM is around 7gb. I have the same high VRAM consumption in LVFR KFLL and KMIA (with the other airport disabled, otherwise it wouldn’t even load).

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU