Sign in to follow this  
Mochi

ASP3D downloading now

11 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Most likely cloud reflections when using Ultra resolution for cloud textures with TrueSKY enabled.  Cloud resolution High works well if you want cloud reflections on water.

Cheers, Rob.

I did set cloud res to medium. Startet the sim. Flew and just played with waves high and ultra. At ultra I lost fps compared to high and got some stutters (even with 5.0 ghz 8 core and Titan RTX)....and vr on HP Reverb with stereo mode

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

30 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

if your asking will it support 4.5, then the answer is yes it will, but it's no longer ASP4, it's ASP3D (sorry if I mis-interpreted th question)

I'm afraid you might have misunderstood.

1 hour ago, CaptainNick said:

So is the beta then part of an installed asp4 or will it be a stand alone deal? I noticed they updated the installer for 4 with a 5.3 updated version. I had uninstalled active sky in anticipation of it being a new client to download after I nixed 4.5 on my system.

It seems like an all new executable.

Excerpt from their dedicated page: "We hope to have this Open Beta ready to start in the next 24 hours. ASP4 licensees may participate in the OPEN BETA, which will be available for download momentarily from our downloads page. When posted, please download, install, run, and use the “New User? Register for an account!” link on the login page to create your ASP3D account using your ASP4 license key and order ID. "

Edited by krazyk

The single executable will cover both 4.5 and v5.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Great news!

I was hoping I did not have to upgrade to HF3, but what the heck!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Is there a way to find out where I bought my ActiveSky P3D from? It's been a long time and I have no idea from what store I bought it from. I tried checking my emails and couldn't find anything. All I think I can remember is that I bought it from an online australian flight sim store? If somebody can help me recall my memory, I'd appreciate it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Is there a way to find out where I bought my ActiveSky P3D from? It's been a long time and I have no idea from what store I bought it from. I tried checking my emails and couldn't find anything. All I think I can remember is that I bought it from an online australian flight sim store? If somebody can help me recall my memory, I'd appreciate it.

PCAviator is AU based I think.

I hope it is not Flightsimstore. They are also AU based but now bankrupt/closed.

Edited by snapshot21

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Try to search your e-mail inbox for Active Sky order informations.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

The single executable will cover both 4.5 and v5.

Vic

I plan to keep my existing ASP4 tied to P3Dv4.5HF2.

Along with that, I plan to install the new executable (ASP3D) to run with P3Dv5HF1.

I hope I can do that.

What I do not want, is the new executable to over-write my existing ASP4 install.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

6 minutes ago, Mace said:

I plan to keep my existing ASP4 tied to P3Dv4.5HF2.

Along with that, I plan to install the new executable (ASP3D) to run with P3Dv5HF1.

I hope I can do that.

What I do not want, is the new executable to over-write my existing ASP4 install.

It won't.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

6 minutes ago, RudiJG1 said:

It won't.

Excellente!  Thanks

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

13 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

It's now 'organic'  weather.    Do try and keep up. 😉

What you don't like buzzwords??? 

Wrong. This is Artisan Weather.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Just now, Jetset408 said:

Wrong. This is Artisan Weather.

bad innit. cringeworthy 

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, livermeister said:

BETA! It's online on their page... Download section. 

Link pending ...

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Most likely cloud reflections when using Ultra resolution for cloud textures with TrueSKY enabled.  Cloud resolution High works well if you want cloud reflections on water.

Cheers, Rob.

Hey Rob,

You're back.  Do you keep deactivating your profile on here or something.  I was searching for a post made by you earlier and it showed the profile as blank user or something like that.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)