Sign in to follow this  
Cloudey

Rex Texture Direct with Soft Clouds in v5

Posted (edited)

Just wondering if anyone could tell me whether installing Rex Texture Direct (with soft clouds) and/or Worldwide Airports HD is worth installing in v5.

I purchased both a while back and haven't migrated to v5 yet. Thing is, the sea, advanced atmospherics and some other textures are already in improved in v5 out of the box, so curious to know if installing Rex will kind of just get 'in the way' now?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by Cloudey

If you don't plan on using the Enhanced Atmospherics (True Sky) you may try out soft clouds and textures for the sky. As for Worldwide Airports, no. The airport default building and surface textures have been vastly improved. In fact, if you look at default airport textures in V5 closely, they look just like some of the WWA textures with PBR added. Makes me wonder if LM didn't let Rex do the texture work as they had ORBX create the new default airport. Either way I've retired WWA personally and Active Sky P3D being out I'm committed fully to True Sky and have retired Soft Clouds and Texture Direct.

Until rex state they are compatible I would not install, I have them but not installed and V5.

i9 10900K\ASUS APEX MB \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB C Drive \ 2+1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 32GB G.SKILL Z DDR4 3600MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ 4TB Portable Drive\P3DV5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Not update yet, They work on it and it will free update.

Better to wait a little.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900K, RTX 2080 Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, 3xSSD+2xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TrackIR 5  [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX, FC] VR HP Reverb v2

cheers guys, very helpful. I will stuck with True Sky and Active Sky for now. Very impressive I must say. Counting the days until the Nvidia 30 series is out now, at which point I will be sliders to the max 🙂

14 hours ago, Cloudey said:

cheers guys, very helpful. I will stuck with True Sky and Active Sky for now. Very impressive I must say. Counting the days until the Nvidia 30 series is out now, at which point I will be sliders to the max 🙂

Username checks out ⛈🌧🌤

Me as well. Can't wait for Rex Texture Direct (with soft clouds) to be updated, however, in their recent update statement REX makes no mention of v5 compatibility for Texture Direct :(

I am not too sure if I messed up something in v5 but my grass textures are all blurry. Was hoping to use Texture Direct to improve grass textures but I guess we'll have to wait for it. Any one else have really crappy grass in v5?

On 5/8/2020 at 9:07 AM, Cloudey said:

Said by every flight simmer about an upcoming hardware upgrade for the last 20 years 😄

• Like 1