Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

40 minutes ago, FlavioSSA said:

Might be one or two terminals that are too much for any system, but generally speaking, YES. I´m getting 28-32fps in terminals that i usually had 13-15fps. And the magic of this little app is that it adjust FFTF for you on the fly. You don´t have to stop your simulation to adjust nothing (Related to this issue of course)

Sounds promising.   I guess what it would do that would help with the issue I described is adjust FFTF such that the peripheral terrain is sacrificed in order to give more CPU to the main thread.  Since I have fluid smooth performance as long as I'm at 30fps or better, is there a place in FFTF Dynamic to set the minimum FPS at, for example, 31?   This could insure I'm always seeing my 30fps vsync and that would be accomplished, again, by allowing terrain out in the periphery to not be fully loaded, or something along those lines.  

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

Sounds promising.   I guess what it would do that would help with the issue I described is adjust FFTF such that the peripheral terrain is sacrificed in order to give more CPU to the main thread.  Since I have fluid smooth performance as long as I'm at 30fps or better, is there a place to set the minimum FPS at, for example, 31?   This could insure I'm always seeing my 30fps vsync and that would be accomplished, again, by allowing terrain out in the periphery to not be fully loaded, or something along those lines.  

In this case I would try to lock frames inside P3D around 31..32 and at fftf from 30 to 33 with fftf 0.05 to 0.33.  Try this scenario. Surely you would need some fine tuning depending your pc specs. 

Achilles

Flight Simulator Plaform Solutions

1 minute ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

In this case I would try to lock frames inside P3D around 31..32 and at fftf from 30 to 33 with fftf 0.05 to 0.33.  Try this scenario. Surely you would need some fine tuning depending your pc specs. 

Unless FFTF Dynamic has a field to enter a minimum frame rate I don't see a way for it to work for me because I use unlimited frames vsynced to my monitor's 30Hz vertical refresh rate.   Is there a field in FFTF Dynamic where the user can enter a minimum frame rate, i.e. the point at which the app changes the FFTF value in order to maintain that minimum frame rate?   If not then I don't think it will work for what I'm after.  Thanks for your suggestion.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Same here, I'm using an external frame rate limiter to lock the sim at 30. Ulimited frame rate and vsync set inside P3D.

Would I get anything out of this tool?

5 minutes ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3dv5.jpg

only if you set frames to 120 inside p3d. At unlimited frames, p3d calls another code which simply ignores fftf value.

Now you are confusing me.. what about:

Frames range option

Suggested for unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled.   

You set the minimum and the maximum frames + FFTF range + times you want FFTF to be updated per second to P3D.

Bert

22 minutes ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

At unlimited frames, p3d calls another code which simply ignores fftf value

So if you limit FPS to 30 with an Nvidia setting, and have FPS set to unlimited inside P3D,  FSPS FFTF will not make any difference since the FFTF setting is ignored? 

Al

Edited by ark

38 minutes ago, ark said:

So if you limit FPS to 30 with an Nvidia setting, but have FPS set to unlimited inside P3D,  FSPS FFTF will not make any difference? 

Al

The scope of FSPS FFTF is to protect you from low frames and make your flight simulator smooth while you can enjoy heavy sceneries with complex aircrafts without any problem if you configure p3d and fftf correctly. We supply the tool, we supply the step by step configuration but the fine tuning is up to you. Whatever works best for you, is the best config. You may begin a very long flight with 80 frames and end up at landing with 10. This tool is also designed to protect you from such cases.

All the mentioned scenario's works, but I can assure that with limited frames inside p3d will make things easier for you. 

Edited by Achilles Philippopoulos
  • Like 1

Achilles

3 hours ago, F737NG said:

Unless he is an alpha tester, none.
And we aren't allowed to say either which way anyhow.

Can we not turn yet another thread into bashing one sim in preference for another though, please

Yes.

I do not use (but tried in initial testing) a higher FFTF to prevent blurries, as raising the value has an equal and opposite (detrimental) effect on FPS.

Placing your settings sliders appropriately for your hardware remains the best method to avoid blurries.

Hi, it’s not a question of just sliders in p3d v5.

with high resolution orthoscenery, there is texture pop that wasn’t present in v4.5 (it used to be an issue, but they fixed it in an earlier v4.x version).

I haven’t found a slider that makes any difference.

I’m currently running FFTF 0.4 and it’s better, but i’ve also changed a bunch of other things (fixed to unlimited frame rate), no im not sure how much of it is the FFTF mod.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I fly in VR exclusively, and FPS unlimited is the recommanded setting for VR.

Will using FFTF Dynamic bring any improvement in VR?

46 minutes ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

The scope of FSPS FFTF is to protect you from low frames and make your flight simulator smooth while you can enjoy heavy sceneries with complex aircrafts without any problem if you configure p3d and fftf correctly. We supply the tool, we supply the step by step configuration but the fine tuning is up to you. Whatever works best for you, is the best config. You may begin a very long flight with 80 frames and end up at landing with 10. This tool is also designed to protect you from such cases.

All the mentioned scenario's works, but I can assure that with limited frames inside p3d will make things easier for you. 

Are you being intentionally vague?  :unsure:

Bert

24 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Its hard to explain it technically with simple words and probably many will be confused. English is not my mother language.

Using locked frames with automatically configurable fftf value, looks to be the best proved combination. 

• Like 1

Achilles

3 hours ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

Exactly what I did.  My FPS are locked at 32 (in-sim), and within AGL, I didn't touch it, as it already has a default high end of 30.

In FPS mode, I kept the same 30 for the top end, and dropped from 22, to 20 in the low end of the range.  Other than that...simply set 'n run.  Great add-on, Achilles!  This 'made' the performance for me, using P3D v5.  It also made two really fatal/irritating occurrences simply vanish for me. That alone...made this add-on, gold... 🙂  

1. Flashing cloud updates using AS P3Dv5

2.  Major stutter (when the above happening) and micro-stutters in plane flight and taxi animation.

Both gone...without having to do much in the way of altering and experimenting with the adjustment masks and other-than-default-settings. For those that just want to buy 'n fly'...yep, you can....:)

Edited by Sesquashtoo

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I agree.  Very difficult and vague to set up.

If I'm set at Unlimited, no VSync, no TB, what should my perfect settings be?

Stan

23 minutes ago, spilok said:

f I'm set at Unlimited, no VSync, no TB, what should my perfect settings be?

From what Achilles said above, it seems FFTF does not function, as far a modifying the FFTF setting goes, if you have FPS set at unlimited inside P3D.

Al