Sign in to follow this  
aaronkia

PMDG 737 in v5

yes the NGX does work in V5 but the frames are not that great

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

yes the NGX does work in V5 but the frames are not that great

Thank you Claude. Is the difference to v4 significant? And what about the Wx Radar? Does that work?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

I went from V3 to V5. I have no idea how it perform in V4.5. I have a 2080ti and I'm struggling to get the same performance out of the 777 or 737 ngx compare to the Majestic Dash8 or Maddog X

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

@Ray Proudfoot 

Opinions =/= facts. 😉 

Although I’m seriously amused you guys gave me a warning because I reported you for making statements that clearly contradict the actual developer of the plane on a question of code without a single shred of evidence of your own. I literally laughed out loud. It’s like a satire. Instead of just dismissing the report, oh man. 😄

So I can randomly go ahead and state that devs are lying without providing evidence? 

Have a nice rest of the evening anyway. I genuinely mean it. 🙂

Edited by flycln
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

It certainly does. What do you think the ‘u’ stands for in the name? There isn’t a real Boeing named the 737NGXu. It’s a rehash of most of the original code plus some extras which I have no need for. Hence why I’m asking if the NGX can work in v5.

I guess the VR community will notice the changes more so.

NGXu was a complete rebuild using new technologies and the cockpit 3D modelling, just to name one item is now great.

IM

I too miss this bird, hopefully a V5 out soon as I don’t wish to mess with a (finally) stable P3DV5 right now by importing the V4 aircraft.

Edited by Iceman2

When PMDG means rebuilt, they basically just mean the 3D model. The FMC is almost identical to what's been around for 15+ years. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

When PMDG means rebuilt, they basically just mean the 3D model. The FMC is almost identical to what's been around for 15+ years. 

I guess so, but I did think I had a smoother experience overall. 

Ray I think your dismissal of the PMDG EFB is based on a misunderstanding of what it actually does.  While some functions are similar to those provided by Ailasoft's EFB its primary role is to fine tune the aircraft's performance parameters and to interface with the other aircraft systems (MCP, fuel, ACARS etc.) thus providing a more "realistic" in cockpit simulation experience which you can't get from any other third party addon.  I don't use the charts feature, like you relying on Aivlasoft's EFB and also LittleNav map which has much the same capability (although freeware) but the PMDG EFB is a lot more than charts. Then again I acquired the NGX some years ago so I guess was less fazed at "paying again" for the NGXu.  Yes a discount for previous NGX customers would have been appreciated but that is not the way PMDG do business - at least not until very recently.

Bruceb

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

10 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Installing the PMDG NGXu into v5 - step 1 - change your prepar3d v4 path:

Run Regedit

Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Change AppPath to your P3D v5 install location (mine is : F:\Prepar3D v5)

Now install the NGXu.

The only trick:

Need to copy and paste some DLL files from v4 to v5 installations:

Go to: %ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Open dll.xml

The entries are PMDG_Interface, RAASPRO and PMDG_HUD_Interface, we need to paste these into the dll.xml in the v5 folder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ Ray. Sorry, haven't flown this since HF1 came out, as I'm flying official v5 planes only - so I don't know if I ever had it and ASP3D running at the same time - but the PMDG v5 version is due out sometime this coming week (ish), as per RSR's recent announcement. I did fly the NGXu heavily for the first few weeks of v5's life, performed pretty well.

Thanks...I had already uninstalled P3Dv4.5 and also removed PMDG.   I am going to just wait until the official release.

Thanks again.

Duane

Duane Buck

8 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

Hi Ray,

I went from V3 to V5. I have no idea how it perform in V4.5. I have a 2080ti and I'm struggling to get the same performance out of the 777 or 737 ngx compare to the Majestic Dash8 or Maddog X

Okay Claude, thanks for that.

5 hours ago, Iceman2 said:

I guess the VR community will notice the changes more so.

NGXu was a complete rebuild using new technologies and the cockpit 3D modelling, just to name one item is now great.

There may be changes but for me I'm not prepared to pay 80 GBP for them when I paid 76 GBP 18 months ago.

5 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Ray I think your dismissal of the PMDG EFB is based on a misunderstanding of what it actually does.  While some functions are similar to those provided by Ailasoft's EFB its primary role is to fine tune the aircraft's performance parameters and to interface with the other aircraft systems (MCP, fuel, ACARS etc.) thus providing a more "realistic" in cockpit simulation experience which you can't get from any other third party addon.  I don't use the charts feature, like you relying on Aivlasoft's EFB and also LittleNav map which has much the same capability (although freeware) but the PMDG EFB is a lot more than charts. Then again I acquired the NGX some years ago so I guess was less fazed at "paying again" for the NGXu.  Yes a discount for previous NGX customers would have been appreciated but that is not the way PMDG do business - at least not until very recently.

Bruceb

Bruce, with respect that sounds like a  sales pitch. Are there any videos showing how users how much better this aircraft is with an EFB than the previous one without it? When I look at the PMDG site there's nothing showing how the EFB works and why customers must have it. Maybe if I was a real-world 737 pilot I'd appreciate the EFB but it doesn't sound like something worth 80 GBP.

I agree with you that paying again with no discount is more palatable if you've had the 737NGX for several years. But no way am I paying more than I did 18 months ago for an aircraft that is not hugely different to the version I'm flying now.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Most of us trust FS Elite to have a pretty balanced view on things. This is their summing up of the NGXu...

"That said, for owners of the original NGX, there is no upgrade price nor discount for loyal customers. As such, it’s a big pill to swallow for what is essentially an upgrade. However PMDG may try to market this is built “from the ground-up”, to the typical simmer, this is the same plane but with prettier graphics and a handful of new features."

https://fselite.net/reviews/pmdg-737-ngxu-base-pack-the-fselite-review/

I rest my case.

• Upvote 3

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well,

I bought the NGXu when it was on offer and on a discounted price for a month or two, the offer was there, and the cost would be taken off when the NG MAX comes out for MSFS, so to me it was my first investment into MSFS and an NG MAX

Having said that its also IMO the best looking model of any airliner we have also the VC is nothing like the old NG the second you see it, its another world. So I will enjoy the NGXu and all it brings. With the huge bonus of little or no extra cost come MSFS.

Is it a big step up from the NGX Yes.

Would I buy it now just for P3D? No.

Or Yes, only if your 100% sure you will stick to P3D and not go over to MSFS. I have a bandwidth of 75 Mbps (74.82) and will get a new PC a few months into the 3000 GPU's coming out. I know were my future is and P3D v5 is a good fall back plan. But that's all it is. It's a great work in progress on MS FSX but its heart is still based on MS FSX. MSFS 2020 is the true built from the grown up new sim we have all waited so long for, well for me it is. I know others tell people to go post on another forum for even talking about it in any context. Grow up.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Well,

I bought the NGXu when it was on offer and on a discounted price for a month or two, the offer was there, and the cost would be taken off when the NG MAX comes out for MSFS, so to me it was my first investment into MSFS and an NG MAX

Having said that its also IMO the best looking model of any airliner we have also the VC is nothing like the old NG the second you see it, its another world. So I will enjoy the NGXu and all it brings. With the huge bonus of little or no extra cost come MSFS.

Or Yes, only if your 100% sure you will stick to P3D and not go over to MSFS. I have a bandwidth of 75 Mbps (74.82) and will get a new PC a few months into the 3000 GPU's coming out. I know were my future is and P3D v5 is a good fall back plan. But that's all it is. It's a great work in progress on MS FSX but its heart is still based on MS FSX. MSFS 2020 is the true built from the grown up new sim we have all waited so long for, well for me it is. I know others tell people to go post on another forum for even talking about it in any context. Grow up.

Exactly 😉

André

12 hours ago, Nyxx said:

.......Having said that its also IMO the best looking model of any airliner we have also the VC is nothing like the old NG the second you see it, its another world. So I will enjoy the NGXu and all it brings. With the huge bonus of little or no extra cost come MSFS.

Or Yes, only if your 100% sure you will stick to P3D and not go over to MSFS. 

Well said.  I have both the NGX and the NGXu and there is big difference between them with the NGXu cockpit being a very significant upgrade IMHO.  Like many things in life you continue to appreciate quality long after you have forgotten about the price.

Bruceb

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Most of us trust FS Elite to have a pretty balanced view on things. This is their summing up of the NGXu...

"That said, for owners of the original NGX, there is no upgrade price nor discount for loyal customers. As such, it’s a big pill to swallow for what is essentially an upgrade. However PMDG may try to market this is built “from the ground-up”, to the typical simmer, this is the same plane but with prettier graphics and a handful of new features."

https://fselite.net/reviews/pmdg-737-ngxu-base-pack-the-fselite-review/

I rest my case.

This has nothing to do with “reusing the same code”.  Even if it’s built from the ground up it’s obviously still the same plane that’s modeled. So obviously the procedures you use will be very similar. It’s still a 737 even if the code were really 100% new so on the surface it would look and feel similar.

That doesn’t change the fact that you have zero evidence for your absurd claim about code you have never seen. 

I... rest my case. This is getting pointless when you even choose to misinterpret an FSElite piece to try and score a point. 

Edited by flycln