Sign in to follow this  
pgde

NDA Lifted on I9-10900K

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

New CPU and the quest to squeeze FPS begins but reality is you'll probably see minimum gains in P3D if you're moving up from a 9900. I'm going to hold off until MSFS and see what the MSFS version for the Xbox has to offer.

Yeah not worth it at all from the 9 series.  I've been waiting to upgrade my 6600k so I'm expecting a significant jump in performance.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

What PSU are you using? I ordered all my parts, all I'm waiting on is the CPU.

I'm going to try using my 10 year old tx750, I'll see how it does and monitor the powerdraw.  I've never really stressed it more than 500 watts so it will be interesting.  I bet my new system will bring it right up to around 750 but it's a solid psu so I'm not too worried.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Using flight sim for benchmarking was tried by TomsHardware years ago but he dropped it after users kept asking what settings, and he said there are too many variables unlike games low medium and ultra settings, this is why testers use well know games and settings, and with P3DV5 DX12 games are a good indication of performance in the future.

PS in some benchmarks less heat than the 9900K, I would still wait Intel may launch the next CPU at the end of the year for the Z490 around the time of AMD next CPU.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

If it was possible to get 6ghz with direct to die cooling with a H150i with the radiator in line with the blower on an air conditioning unit set to its lowest temp I might consider it!🤣

I'm not waiting any longer. My current setup is 8+ years old. I've long overdue for a new build. 🙂 The only thing I'm waiting for is a new GPU. I have my eyes on the 3080ti.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

10 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

If it was possible to get 6ghz with direct to die cooling with a H150i with the radiator in line with the blower on an air conditioning unit set to its lowest temp I might consider it!🤣

Der8auer Gamers Nexus and JayTwoCents, 8 PACK cannot run a CPU stable all the time above 5.2, without LN. and even then don't recommend it.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

13 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

As I see it gaming performance these days is practically determined by the GPU.

Not for all games. The latest racing sims are still also heavily dependent on CPU performance.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Good information. I won't be able to do any tests as my pre-order won't be filled until 6/25 (despite ordering on the first day available). 🤬

My rig is just over a 3-year build with an i7 7700k (@4.8 w/ 1 AVX offset).  And I seem to be on a 3-year upgrade cycle, so maybe the performance and the extra cores is just about at the “worth” it mark for me to pull the trigger.  But, I’m running on high-end air.  Maybe it’s also time I try an AIO.

1080Ti as well, but I may be waiting for the 3000 series before making that jump.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

15 minutes ago, CaptKornDog said:

My rig is just over a 3-year build with an i7 7700k (@4.8 w/ 1 AVX offset).  And I seem to be on a 3-year upgrade cycle, so maybe the performance and the extra cores is just about at the “worth” it mark for me to pull the trigger.

I’m in the same boat, same processor and same overclock.  I did just go from a GTX1070 to an RTX2080ti and in my initial observations i can see some circumstances where the CPU is a limiting factor, so I’ll be following very closely to see if the upgrade to an i9 10900k is going to be the right move for me.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Another bench test.

Raymond Fry.

It looks like the thinner die, along with the thicker (and soldered) TIM is helping keep temperatures in check better than I thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyperfocal said:

Good information. I won't be able to do any tests as my pre-order won't be filled until 6/25 (despite ordering on the first day available). 🤬

Where did you order from?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU