Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

The post nobody will approve of

Am I alone not to care much whether I am in the alpha or not  ? Good if am in, good if I ain't. Any case, the sun shines, the flowers bloom, the wild grass grows, the bread dough is rising and the cat is hungry. Plenty to do. Including waiting for the next IFR EP 😉.

• Like 17
  • Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

No, you are not alone. The reason why you do not hear a lot from those people is because usually you don't write much about things you don't care about. 😉

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I feel the same 🙂 If will I get an invitation, it will be good. But if not any invitation, it will be good too, because I can still looking forward to release day 🙂

• Like 2

Dominique, I feel the same as you. If I get an invitation I'll be happy to contribute and, if not, there are many other things in life to be happy about.

Jean-Jacques

• Like 2

Jean-Jacques Struyf

between EBBR and EBCI

I applied just like anyone else, but yet I couldn't care less just like you. I've beta'ed and partly alpha'ed the past few versions of MSFS so I kinda know how this is like, and TBH I am stuck with a quite old desktop here and I actually want to wait as long as possible (alap?) until I get the massive upgrade for the Golden Master. I'll be totally fine checking that one out, then on decent hardware.

Edited by badderjet

I approve but I don’t share the same point of view exactly. I would love to get into the alpha and I think if we all received an email today we would all join so we all want it in principle. Some are more patient than others an some like a polished product over a rough diamond. But nobody is pinning there whole life’s on it (I hope) lots of things to enjoy right now in the world while we wait.

Just now, Carts85 said:

I approve but I don’t share the same point of view exactly. I would love to get into the alpha and I think if we all received an email today we would all join so we all want it in principle. Some are more patient than others an some like a polished product over a rough diamond. But nobody is pinning there whole life’s on it (I hope) lots of things to enjoy right now in the world while we wait.

Twas tongue-in-cheek. I'd also  be happy to bother the devs to death with my pet peeves but in the meantime so much to do. Just off trimming a hedge under the Med sun. It is fun too.  

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I didn’t even apply. I’ve done Beta testing in the past, and it was not as fun as you would think. It feels like a job, and I don’t have that sort of free time. I can’t wait for it to come out though. 😍

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Twas tongue-in-cheek. I'd also  be happy to bother the devs to death with my pet peeves but in the meantime so much to do. Just off trimming a hedge under the Med sun. It is fun too.  

Tbh I think a lot of your “pet peeves” have been pretty spot on so I’m hoping we both get in my friend!... The “med sun” never mind the alpha access that’s enough to get me really depressed here in the north of England, albeit not a bad day today no rain for a change!

• Like 1

Just now, Bottle said:

Sourdough here, not fancy stuff. And remember, to get a good dough, you gotta have surface tension. Thats what MS is doing, isn't it.  To plagiarize a famous book title,  Bread Making  and the Art of Game Marketing.

Dominique

I haven't applied for the Alpha tests, because I've been away from flightsimming for a few years and don't have much time properly testing all the features and bugs. Being an alpha tester is not about having access to the sim earlier than most, as some of the leaked video's seem to indicate. Some of them seem to have been made by people who have never flown a (virtual) aircraft ever before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

This will certainly sound like the fox and the grapes, but I'm glad I'm not in the alpha. I initially signed for the alpha, but then haven't completed the request, not having (at the moment) an apt pc.

I'm missing all the alpha phase, testing, bugs, etc, so my excitement is still very high, and it will be super higher at release and for weeks afterwards.

• Like 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]