Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 11th, 2020 - Development Update

12 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Beautiful stuff!  FS 2020 will be my only flight simulation app for sure.

If they deliver on their promises, it seems like a given that they'll take over most simmers. Don't know for P3D, but X-Plane could still be interesting for Mac / Linux - users, people with old computer hardware and those who want to experiment with their own airfoils.

For anything else I guess it'll be MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

11 minutes ago, tweekz said:

If they deliver on their promises, it seems like a given that they'll take over most simmers. Don't know for P3D, but X-Plane could still be interesting for Mac / Linux - users, people with old computer hardware and those who want to experiment with their own airfoils.

For anything else I guess it'll be MSFS.

It's still going to take quite a while before MFS has the range of aircraft that are available in P3D & X-Plane. Equally people who want packages such as FSEconomy  may well prefer to keep playing other sims depending if there's a delay before those packages are migrated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Give people power to really test their personality.

I'm an out-of -the-box type of flyer but may bite on some higher fidelity airports and hopefully a new version of the RealAir Lancair 360 when and if they become available.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

10 hours ago, DJJose said:

The Gibraltar video has convinced me to cease all purchases for P3D and XPlane 11. Thank you!

I hope you are not only flying in Gibraltar 🙂

Just kidding. The new MSFS is great but as we all by now only where the data for the scenery from Bing and the derived data is also great. Areas of the world that were often left out from a good representation seem to be left out again. Which is not too bad because it allows room for the 3rd party devs to produce even better sceneries for the new sim. We should manage our expectations based on where our preferences for flying are. Just my five cents.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hans

12 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I'm an out-of -the-box type of flyer

Good news for you, that you'll end up with around 100 addon quality airports and worldwide Ortho + scenery enhancement out of the box. 😄

• Like 6

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I'm also looking forward to get a sim. which is ready to fly, without the need for scenery enhancements like Orbx, weather addons like Active sky and aircrafts like Carenado, FSLabs or Aerosoft (and no I don't own any PMDG). Granted that the Airbus may not be as advanced as FSLabs (which I don't own either), but I have a feeling it will be on par with Aerosofts, but hopefully without the coffee and newspaper gimmick. If I can program a route or import from ie. Simbrief then I will be pretty pleased. So an out of the box ready to fly sim, will be great. I'm sure there will be certain local airports that I may want, so there's still room for addon developers to make airports.

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

The opening shot of the 748i; is that a visual glitch on the slats or is it damage modelling?

(Yeah, I'm 99% sure it's just a glitch the user reported to ASOBO, but there is 1% of me that is hoping it isn't.)

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

11 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

In the video "immense archives of historical data" are mentioned.

But still nothing definitive if it will be in the sim.

I missed that part of the video, I’ll have to re watch it. But with 250,000,000 cells, and each cell needing info on wind, clouds, temp, water saturation...that would be a LOT of data. Not that they aren’t already dealing with lots of data...but we’re probably talking GBs to store a single instant in time...

• Upvote 1

I cant beleive it  !! I never check my insider hub app and there it is alpha invite.................  ffs 

How long would it of been there I have no idea

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KenG said:

I feel like Oliver Twist, "Please sir, may I have some more [Mbps]..."

Sad to say I live alone, having outlived the rest of my family. But, yesterday I finally got updated to a 1Gbs fiber optic connection. That's quite an increase from my previous 200Mbs copper wire (cable) connection...

Now if I can just get the darn TV boxes to allow me to active my AT&T TV service! 😞

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

10 hours ago, DaveS said:

This is my only complaint so far. I hope the lightning gets sped up much more. I also hope there is more than just cloud to ground lightning bolts. I feel like it's much more common to see lightning like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glmHHe_SZNA

Yeah, maybe there will be some adjustments made, or maybe we (not in the alpha)  just haven't seen all the different "types" of lightning there can be in the sim... 

Living very near the lightning capital of the USA (Tampa, Florida), I would say the sim lightning is a bit too "easy" to snapshot - lightning is normally more like a camera flash, very quick.

Think - trying to take a picture of it with a camera and most of the time you cannot, need to be that fast on the snapshot button! But impressed yet again by the updates this week...

So I could find a category 5 hurricane or cyclone that is active somewhere on the globe and just fly right into it!

What a blast.

Edited by Poppapete
punctuation error

9 hours ago, tweekz said:

Good news for you, that you'll end up with around 100 addon quality airports and worldwide Ortho + scenery enhancement out of the box. 😄

That's great. The problem with add-on airports (aside from it becoming very expensive), is that I always end up using the same airports. While in the case of MSFS, there's so much more to discover. Except for a home base, no add-on airports for me!

• Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

7 hours ago, n4gix said:

Sad to say I live alone, having outlived the rest of my family. But, yesterday I finally got updated to a 1Gbs fiber optic connection. That's quite an increase from my previous 200Mbs copper wire (cable) connection...

Now if I can just get the darn TV boxes to allow me to active my AT&T TV service! 😞

Maybe you could sublet me a couple of tens ?

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

The only tester I wish to thank is the one who attracted a little love to AYPY (Port Moresby), a home base for any decent bush flyer. Look at Wamena too ! 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam