Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

You have got to be kidding... Is this the Milford Sound shot you refer to?  It's NZ and not some ancient section of the Congo or Amazon .

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-6_21_20

It seems like every time they have an option to go with either boring or dramatic they go with the dramatic option. The end result then is not realistic or immersive but cartoonish and overblown.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Shug said:

Like the Asobo statement from many months ago that there will be 2 million cities in the Simulator. Complete fiction.

Why should that be wrong? I don't know if there are 2 million cities in the world, that depends on what you count as a city, but more or less all buildings will be there, hence also cities.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 hour ago, viz said:

As for quoted number of cities, that could be as simple as what they define as a city, some would say anything over 20,000 population, other would say more.

OK, so let's say that a city is 20,000 to use your lower figure. That would make the population of the world 40 billion. Now we both know that that is not true.....

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

50 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

That's a strange question.

Not really. People will jump ship to MSFS2020 faster then you can say 'people who use VR are a VERY small minority and nobody cares what they think'. 

The writing is on the wall for X and P. They're finished. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

The writing is on the wall for X and P. They're finished. 

It almost sounds like you'd want this to be true?

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Shug said:

OK, so let's say that a city is 20,000 to use your lower figure. That would make the population of the world 40 billion. Now we both know that that is not true..

Ah you were talking about the number and not whether all the cities are represented or not. I misunderstood. Yes, that number is rather high indeed.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

1 minute ago, Kopteeni said:

It almost sounds like you'd want this to be true?

Doesn't matter what I want. Its going to happen. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Doesn't matter what I want. Its going to happen. 

That prediction tells a lot more about yourself than what is happening.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Kopteeni said:

That prediction tells a lot more about yourself than what is happening.

Hows the NDA breaking leaks going...

2 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Hows the NDA breaking leaks going...

It's getting a bit hard to follow you with your topics now

9 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

It's getting a bit hard to follow you with your topics now

:rolleyes:

uh huh

Edited by Doug47

7 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Post launch can just mean it won't be there on the release day. 

I'm not saying you are wrong, but makes no sense to keep raising speculations about Microsoft offering subscription services, when their only official statements so far are that they don't plan to have subscriptions and by buying the base sim you will have access to all the sim's features.

Again, unless they say, officially, otherwise, I'm believing everything they are showing will be included out of the box. I mean, usually when something isn't included with the product, the advertisements come with a disclosure saying: "sold separately". 

I do not believe anything but observe that the Navblue flyer 4th paragraph (I wouldn’t call that a partnership update by any means) is ambiguous. As much as I discard any streaming subscription, I wouldn’t be neither surprised nor shocked by a « post launch »  chart updating subscription. MS has been shying away from the topic for too long for not raising the issue. 

By the way, if I am not mistaken, there was no screenshot in any update showing how the data integrates into the sim. Not yet in the alpha ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

A majority of good shots this time showing the sim as it is with its big plusses and its flaws from an user point of view. Thanks to TomatoExpress for the june 10 clip. Nice.

Clouds. Difficult to make up one’s mind. Most the shots/videos show pretty clouds and then you have this truly dreadful Gebetho’s shot of the Neo... 

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

11 hours ago, snglecoil said:

In the second video, did anyone else notice how the nose of the airplane jerked to the right on touchdown? In real life that is caused by landing with a side load...longitudinal axis not aligned with the direction of travel. Now if that is what was happening in that video, THAT's the way to model ground friction, folks!

Looked more like he was kicking off the crab on a crosswind to me instead of going wing down.