Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

2 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

You have got to be kidding... Is this the Milford Sound shot you refer to?  It's NZ and not some ancient section of the Congo or Amazon .

I’m not kidding. I’ve never been to NZ, but this wouldn’t look out of place in the Pacific NW of the United States. That’s not the Amazon or Congo either. I said it’s plausible, not perfect.

Chris

It's beyond comical to see some people get so worked up over alpha software and proceed to call testers liars like they know better 😂. I'm done with this post.

6 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

I’m not kidding. I’ve never been to NZ, but this wouldn’t look out of place in the Pacific NW of the United States. That’s not the Amazon or Congo either. I said it’s plausible, not perfect.

It's not even plausible. See what real world scale looks like?  Asobo are out by a factor of 2x at least.

Landing-at-the-Milford-Sound-airport.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Matthew S

I thought the 747 videos were mighty impressive especially in terms of the animation. Its looking great in many ways the sim...

Rather than poke fun at the rain animation which I agree looks repetitive though still beautiful in execution surely we could all just say,

Dear Asobo could you please add to the list to see if you could randomize the rain droplet position to add to the immersion rather than the negative oh thats not right attitude etc. Simple Manners.

I would love Microsoft to allow a couple of good video makers to brake their NDA and post a really well curated flight just a simple full flight thats uploaded in 1080 and we can see the full beauty. I feel some of these clips are sort of thrown together and it would be so easy to curate a more bespoke experience for us hard core simmers..

Still looking fab though and cant wait for October the 9th. Thats my Guess. :)) 

Edited by Hamish100
Added
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I do agree the tree size still looks too large in comparison. Something not quite right.

The only other hopefully positive feedback is that there is a tendency for it to look a little cartoony.. Maybe it needs some desaturation or something to do with the clouds feels a little bit too much but I know this is subjective...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

It's not even plausible. See what real world scale looks like?  Asobo are out by a factor of 2x at least.

I don't think it is Milford Sound. 

23 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Fair enough, for this location you have found evidence to support a conclusion that tree scale is broken. How about the other screen shots? Do they all support your assertion as well?

Chris

1 hour ago, Arwen said:

Don't believe everything some supposed Alpha tester [or disgruntled tester) puts on the web. 

I'm an Alpha tester and I own X-plane 11 (stated with x-plane 8), P3D v4 (with a ton of Orbx scenery and Active Sky), MSFSX (I started with the floppy disk version), and DCS.

I decided not to upgrade to P3D to v.5 because of MSFS 2020 and I don't plan on ever going back to X-plane again..

I spent some time a few weeks ago after I remembered I bought XP11 soon after its release. Sat down and did the whole Ortho thing. Loaded in, laughed at what I got for effort I put into it (less then an hour of work for Ortho and some other things) and uninstalled everything. I'm glad I'm in the alpha or else I would've started wasting money on other sims.

Edited by trainplane3
  • Upvote 2

The developers are obviously aware of the trees. 

As for the raindrops, they've likely been simplified to ease resource use which may be dependent on a setting.  I have no direct knowledge of the raindrop issue but the NDA implies such changes when it specifically says not to describe features that may need to be removed.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/guidelines-nda/

Please keep in mind that features you see in this Program may change or be removed in the final version and those features should always remain confidential.

Hook

Edited by LHookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

51 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

It's beyond comical to see some people get so worked up over alpha software and proceed to call testers liars like they know better 😂. I'm done with this post.

You stirred the pot yourself. In my opinion if anyone is an Alpha tester they should refrain from saying so. Your just asking to get picked apart and potentially run afoul of the NDA.

53 minutes ago, Poppapete said:

I don't think it is Milford Sound. 

It is definitely Milford Sound.  You can see the NZMF in the right LCD display in the cockpit.

And yeah, the trees in MFS are way too large there.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

I, for one, think the trees need to be at least twice as large, and I implore anyone from MS/Asobo reading these forums to please work on this. And would it it kill you to make the wings undulate??

Overall, very happy and very excited for this sim! Love the frequent updates and I can't wait to go explore the world. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mengy said:

It is definitely Milford Sound.  You can see the NZMF in the right LCD display in the cockpit.

And yeah, the trees in MFS are way too large there.

Well spotted. NZQN - NZMF

Those trees nothing like the real thing but as we all keep saying, it is only alpha and it is way better than any of the others OOTB.

MS/Asobo are pretty aware of  the tree size issue and based on so many screenshots we have seen, in most places they got it right. However the world is big and getting tree right everywhere will likely be challenging. So tree size is one of the issues that will remain WIP most probably even after release. But updates will come and we will have improvements and over time it will get better. After all we cannot get everything right on day one, it just wont happen!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1