Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

29 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I would guess that there may be an extra charge in the for of a subscription for that service.

If that were the case there would be fine legal print on the page somewhere saying so to cover their asses from a false advertising lawsuit, since all the text here implies it will be including in the base sim for no extra charge.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I think I am at the point of waiting for the autumn road maps to see what comes after the closed beta. Looks like a possible November release?

These Alpha tester gameplay clips sure help tune down the expectations to more realistic levels after the hype created by the feature discovery series.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

If that were the case there would be fine legal print on the page somewhere saying so.

Man just let people think what they want. No matter what MS says officially, people will always mistrust their statements.

Unless they say the contrary officially, everything they are showing us is included out of the box in the sim. Also they’ve said they don’t intend to have a subscription model for the sim.

But again, just let people think what they want. A lot of people here already tried to enlighten others with official statements, but for some reason people keep bringing up the same subjects over and over, like that subscription thing.

Edited by ca_metal
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

1 hour ago, DiscoSweat said:

Solid update! 

I feel for testers for having to deal with those watermarks though - shame it had to come to that they look annoying.

You have made a point that I have been wondering about!  Is that watermark strictly for the alpha/beta testers to identify them and not to be in the paid release of the Sim?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

You have made a point that I have been wondering about!  Is that watermark strictly for the alpha/beta testers to identify them and not to be in the paid release of the Sim?

Yes. It’s an Alpha/beta thing, to enforce the NDA.

I’ve been participating on other insider programs and those watermarks are a common practice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Why should the watermark be in the official sim after alpha/beta??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Strictly as an Alpha/Beta control scheme Charlie. There will be none in the release version!

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Too many leaks. Hard to hide now when your Chinese YouTube clip has 15 copies of your name every frame.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Having everything working together out of the box is a really great improvement.

Good call!

This is the key words, addons and tools designed exclusively, using all new technology, specially, thinking, in the new MSFS.

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

I'm laughing myself dead!

Microsoft statement months ago: Every single raindrop is calculated physically.

First video, upper left corner, exactly the same raindrops appear again and again! 

Well, at least it looks good. But the statement seems fictitious. 

It's not only the upper left corner, each drop is on a loop!

• Like 1

Uber amazing as usual.  Keep going devs and testers.  We appreciate your efforts.

Cheers

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 4

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

Why does it seem so smooth on take off in the first video? No little bumps or nice head movement I’ve seen before.

Im hoping it was just a little rain in perfectly calm wind conditions 

Would be nice if speedwoblz could let me know why there was no speed wobbles 

overall though, take my money!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

First video, upper left corner, exactly the same raindrops appear again and again!

12 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

It's not only the upper left corner, each drop is on a loop!

As I've pointed out weeks ago.

I still wonder why there are different versions of the HUD. Now once again that round dial version pops up. Which is way more suitable with e. g. a VSI ranging +-2K fpm iso 6K. Still I hope these can be adjusted per aircraft.

Madeira looks nice, if you overlook that "undulating" runway, also a bit sad to see the steep rising terrain on the north side is kinda missing, but it's great for an out of the box experience. Now I guess we have to wait until RTM/RTW to see how realistic those crazy wind shifts are around that runway. 😂

Never fails to impress me.

Yet those raindrops appearing in the same place is a bit embarrassing to be honest!

• Like 1