Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 25th, 2020 - Development Update

3 hours ago, Deleted said:

I'm laughing myself dead!

Microsoft statement months ago: Every single raindrop is calculated physically.

First video, upper left corner, exactly the same raindrops appear again and again! 

Well, at least it looks good. But the statement seems fictitious. 

Like the Asobo statement from many months ago that there will be 2 million cities in the Simulator. Complete fiction.

• Like 3

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

28 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

360p videos wow thats impressive, seriously what is going on here

Edit: I stand corrected my bad 😳

Edited by snglecoil

Chris

7 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

360p videos wow thats impressive, seriously what is going on here. Maybe they are lowering the expectations for people with only 16gb of ram.

One is 360p and another is 480p, the other three are 720p. You can download them from the links I've placed below the YouTube embedded videos for the full quality.

Keep in mind that those videos are captured by Alpha testers, and that the video resolution is unlikely the same as the rendering resolution. Capturing a video at 1080p or above is not a very easy task if they're using the CPU to encode while running the simulator as well.

Some screenshots, Alpha 5 in July and a one page flyer saying we are getting navdata with really no info on how it will work, just a bunch of corporate back patting. Yay. You'd think they would expand on the UI for it, if apps for Android and IOS to view charts like Navigraph currently utilize, if subscription based for nav data (likely) and cost, etc.... This updates really are equivalent to a roadside fruit stand, not a full on grocery store. Shame.

• Like 2

Eric 

The new videos today, They actually look like Ortho4XP.

Imagine XP11 loaded with Ortho. Then imagine we could have really good AA and weather. Thats what to me, you're looking at in the videos. I noticed the waves were baked in. 

Lol, relax people. The shots and videos you see are from various users with various capturing software and what you see is from ONE build, each build has had features added and removed. What you're seeing is far from what you'll see in the beta version let alone the retail version. I can't say much more because of the NDA but don't get worked up about missing details or things that don't look correct.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

... each build has had features added and removed. What you're seeing is far from what you'll see in the beta version let alone the retail version. 

I hope that is particularly also true for the generic buildings at the default airport in the second video.

12 minutes ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Lol, relax people. The shots and videos you see are from various users with various capturing software and what you see is from ONE build, each build has had features added and removed. What you're seeing is far from what you'll see in the beta version let alone the retail version. I can't say much more because of the NDA but don't get worked up about missing details or things that don't look correct.

Why would you even mention this, If you are a tester you are just stirring things up by speculating.

How do you know what will be different later on?

18 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

One is 360p and another is 480p, the other three are 720p. You can download them from the links I've placed below the YouTube embedded videos for the full quality.

All the videos are very tiny in size, and the creators have to cram as much as they can into such a small space, by using low resolution and massive compression.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

If there were a size limit on uploaded videos, you would either have very short high res videos or longer low res ones.

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

7 minutes ago, tpete61 said:

Why would you even mention this, If you are a tester you are just stirring things up by speculating.

How do you know what will be different later on?

You're asking me to go into specific details which I can't. Keep following the updates and you'll see a progression.

51 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Exactly. While core nav data and basic charts might be included for free as part of the base sim, the “plus” might very well indicate that a fuller range of charts will be available as optional DLC, and if there is a subscription, it might be with NavBlue directly, not with Microsoft.

The plus is just the name given to the product that Navblue produces. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

All the videos are very tiny in size, and the creators have to cram as much as they can into such a small space, by using low resolution and massive compression.

Interesting information. Based on the sizes of today's and previous videos, it appears there is a 5MB forum or website limit. This would also explain why we can't have longer videos. Too bad that newer codecs still can't be used for real-time capture...

• Like 2

Really amazing how some folks automatically think "post launch service" means it'll be a subscription lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.