Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 - Gamers vs Simmers

Well, just wait till gamers and simmers are together online. Then you'll see who's who... 😜

• Like 1

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

2 hours ago, MaVe64 said:

Well, just wait till gamers and simmers are together online. Then you'll see who's who... 😜

It's going to get messy out there.

Hope there are some good Multiplayer Filters. Seems there will be from the Multiplayer Feature Discovery vid.

I'm not one for the likes of AirForceProud and gang.

• Upvote 1

Multiplayer in the new sim will certainly be interesting with all the non-simmer players up in the air!  AirForceProud will be very busy!!!

I’m fine with that though, if I want a “serious” flight experience I’ll fly in single player with the AI instead.  Or if they implement private groups where we can curate who is online and airborne with us that would solve the issue really.  Like player squadrons or something.

Fact is, the more people enjoying the new MFS the better it is for the health of our hobby.  So while a broad range of players may have downsides it also is a huge positive as well, and IMHO the negatives are worth the cost.

• Upvote 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 11:13 PM, LHookins said:

Don't judge a book by its cover. 🙂 

Hook

That is literally why books have covers, to help you judge whether to go further.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

1 minute ago, andyjohnston.net said:

That is literally why books have covers, to help you judge whether to go further.

I could have gone with my first response to the "click bait" comment:

Knee Jerk Reaction! 😄

I've found covers to be quite unhelpful in judging whether to go with a book,  and I've read a *lot* of books.  Interesting timing on this as I was just looking through the 181 purchased titles currently loaded on my Kindle (which doesn't include the many hundreds I've read with Kindle Unlimited and returned) and reflecting on the fact that for the most part the cover art was a pretty picture that barely matched the story.  Titles were only slightly better in a lot of cases.

If you're writing a novel about an airplane pilot, at least show the right kind of airplane on the cover.

Hook

• Like 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 hour ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I read "Math" and went no further in...

1181.jpg

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Oh cool, it's from ASA!  They're the people who made my E6-B. 🙂

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Mine (CRP-1) is lost somewhere in this house. Has been for some time now...

I think it's a Pooleys one.

One day I'll drag the sofas out and have a proper look for it.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Precisely. It is plural, not singular.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Indeed, Ray. :biggrin: Sadly, I've fallen by the wayside a couple of times and dropped the singular into a sentence :pedih:. The full word is Mathematics, not Mathematic.. 

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

22 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Indeed, Ray. :biggrin: Sadly, I've fallen by the wayside a couple of times and dropped the singular into a sentence :pedih:. The full word is Mathematics, not Mathematic.. 

The word grates so much with me I could never use it. Contact is another word falling out of use. Everyone “reaches out” these days. And you’ll rarely see died. It’s now passed. 😞

It would be interesting to know if physics has become physic, or just phys. 😉

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

23 hours ago, LHookins said:

Don't judge a book by its cover. 🙂 

Hook

A case in point

51nZ5S4-4HL.jpg

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

30 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The word grates so much with me I could never use it. Contact is another word falling out of use. Everyone “reaches out” these days. And you’ll rarely see died. It’s now passed. 😞

It would be interesting to know if physics has become physic, or just phys. 😉

I know what you mean Ray. 

Whenever I hear the "Reach out" thing I forward this to the perpetrator: 

reachout.jpg

• Like 2

Amongst real gamers, the people who play games just to irritate other people playing the game are not called gamers. They're called griefers.

Real gamers may be looking for ways to do things they're not supposed to do (like get behind places on the map that the devs thought were properly walled off, etc) but they aren't looking to take the fun away from other players. We may need to filter real gamers out from time to time if they are making it hard to follow traffic patterns by bouncing around the sky, but they won't be looking to intentionally make things miserable for us. Some of those real gamers will probably become simmers because some gamers are driven to become an absolute expert at everything in whatever game they're playing (you should see the detailed MMO spreadsheets out there that rival SEC filings in detail) and in this case that will involve learning how to properly navigate airspace.

So, really, it's gonna be a confluence of simmers, gamers, and griefers. I'm only worried about the griefers. The gamers will go do their own thing and not care if we're still sitting on the ground programming an FMC while they're punching holes in the sky in a fighter. 😉

I'm hopeful that MS will have some sort of switch that lets simmers flag themselves as such and therefore not see anyone who isn't also flagged unless they choose to.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1