Sign in to follow this  
TuFun

MSFS available for preorders. Releasing August 18th!

2 minutes ago, kiki said:

That is something I was going to ask myself. Why preorder?

Or why not, if someone wants? 🙂

• Like 1

I also have been Alpha testing, and I'm also going to order it. I am a XP11 flyer and I'm quit happy with it. I will have MSFS but I will not start buying more and more add-ons. I just can't afford to start over again. I will be happy with the Premium.  I intend on flying MS for the scenery low and slow. The scenery is amazing.I do believe LR is doing great work and will surprise people in the future.

1 hour ago, autoq said:

I am pleased that you are so enthusiastic about this, but I think this is the same Microsoft who essentially stuck their fingers up at you > 10 years ago ... and then again 6 years ago .... ??
I am not going to be quite so quick off the mark to reward Microsoft with more $$$'s...

We all know that the real enthusiasts who are more in it for the sake of the other enthusiasts are LM and/or Laminar Research. Microsoft are just not interested in it other than as a showcase for other technologies ( X-Box, Bing, Azure services). I am slightly concerned they could JUST AS EASILY pull out of this in a few years when the novelty has worn off or something newer becomes more flashy for them.

Obviously, most people round here (including me... eventually 👍) will throw more $$$ at Microsoft, as the simulation DOES look great...I just think we should be a LOT more critical+questioning of the product/company motives...🤔

FWIW , I have been considering an update to my overclocked i5 2600K 4.4GHz 9+ years old system so the timing of this is quite good but I am gonna wait until AMD release their new Zen3 Ryzen 4000 Chips ... hopefully quite soon and then I too will grudgingly consider joining many of you .....😎

Microsoft did not do anything, at the time to spite us nor to stick their fingers up as us. Like all successful businesses, the board is responsible to their shareholders, & if a division is not performing, it must be cut. At the time ACES was a very small generator of profits.

Reward Microsoft? Their gaming division is a very small profit generator. WE know what the company motives are, by releasing a flight sim. Profits, NOT to keep gamers happy! Simple as that.

Basic business economics, & their marketing has been superb, as well as targeting the 60M+ Xbox gaming community. So, their motive? Money income.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 7/13/2020 at 5:48 PM, Mean Aerodynamic Chord said:

.... I just bought P3D v5 yesterday! Oh well.

Anyone else wish other regions also got the physical disc release?

Get a refund. 

In order to avoid some installation and ordering or pre-ordering problems on the Microsoft store site, here is some information.

You are of course on W10 version 1903, if it is not the case make your updates.

1) the choice of installing MFS on one of your hard disks if you do not plan this before installation, this will be done on your 😄 / program Files disk and of course this is not optimal if you have a small capacity SSD on 😄

In addition, for later management of MFS files, the ideal is to install it on another disk and the ideal an SSD disk.

Before going to Microsoft Store 2 things to check on your W10.

- Your PC is well located to do this:
1a) Go to: Settings ----> location and see: "Location of this device is activated".

For security, I recommend that you define: Default location
(why? because on my PC despite (1a) activated in my microsoft account the location was not indicated!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651http://cd91.eu/IMG-FS20/PreCde/0.png [/ img]

In purple: you indicate your address and you close the window, W10 thus your default location.

2) Tell W10 where you want MFS to be installed.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651http://cd91.eu/IMG-FS20/PreCde/3.jpg [/ img]

So on my PC I chose the D drive: /

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651http://cd91.eu/IMG-FS20/PreCde/4.jpg [/ img]

Now W10 is ready to receive MFS, go to Microsoft Store and make your payment for the version of your choice if everything is OK Installed will appear just click and installation is done in 1-2 minutes depending on your internet line .

Go to the disk you mentioned in W10 and here are the files that are installed:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651http://cd91.eu/IMG-FS20/PreCde/1.jpg [/ img]

3) Now there is a new problem, because all the files are protected and it is impossible to open the files and see what is inside, to later understand the structure and possibly make copies or add files of addons or other .. because personally I do not support being prohibited on my PC access to my files (well that's another story ..) 🙂

https://www.malekal.com/acces-refuse-a-dossier-obaître-droits-administr// [/ url]

So I found the info on this site and I fixed the problem by installing the tool:
- takeown_clic_droit_reg.zip. After installation you can open each folder on your MFS drive.

Note: there are almost 'empty' folders, this is normal, the files will be installed in the various folders by Microsoft on 8/18/20 at 0.0.0 am (from midnight).

If everything is ok on your Microsoft account you will see this:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651http://cd91.eu/IMG-FS20/PreCde/6.jpg [/ img]

AND in W10 you must have:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=457d1266f4d80651http://cd91.eu/IMG-FS20/PreCde/5.jpg [/ img]

Voilou you're ready to receive MFS.

CM-Gygabyte Z370-CPu Intel I5 8600 K 4.6 GHz-RAM 32Go-W10 1903 - GPU :RTX 2070 super (équivalent à RTX 2080 en moins cher...)8Go -tTriple screen 24' incurve -165 htz- Pédalier Saitek -Hotas warthog- FMC-Effis-MCP OpenCokpit et divers boitiers boutons.

4 hours ago, DamianFS2020 said:

Does anybody know if you can get updates with the CD-Version from Aerosoft? Or can I get updates only with the download-version from Microsoft?

If you had read Aerosoft's announcement, you'd have known that once installed, all updates will be automatically streamed to your computer when you launch the sim.

4 hours ago, XMAN said:

Do you have to pay a monthly subscription ?

NO! For the 10 thousandth time just NO!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For those who haven't actually gone to the store pages, all 3 editions have new screenshots. The Deluxe and Premium pages also have some screenshots of their exclusive airports and airplanes.

Which store?

Aeroft store? Xbox store? SimMarket store?

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

What are the minimum and suggested hardware specs? I am sure they are published somewhere, and some of you will be so kind to pint me to it...

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Kermit_70 said:

What are the minimum and suggested hardware specs? I am sure they are published somewhere, and some of you will be so kind to pint me to it...

Cheers!

Slide1.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, autoq said:

I am pleased that you are so enthusiastic about this, but I think this is the same Microsoft who essentially stuck their fingers up at you > 10 years ago ... and then again 6 years ago .... ??
I am not going to be quite so quick off the mark to reward Microsoft with more $$$'s...

I'm not sure what you are referring to. If you are referring to their abandonment of the flight sim market, in what way do you feel they "stuck their fingers up at me"? I paid something like $40 for FSX in 2006. They supported it for several years, issuing two service packs and at least one expansion pack that I recall. Did I receive good value for my $40? Considering the many hundreds of hours of enjoyment I've had with it over the years, I would say that it was one of the best investments of my life.

My expectation for the new release of Flight Simulator is that they will support it for at least a year or two, fixing any major bugs that are reported during that period. If they do at least that much, I will feel that I have received my money's worth. If VR,  multiplayer support or compatibility with existing third party products were critical to me (they are not), I would hold off on my purchase.

Given Microsoft's track record of support, my own personal needs and expectations, and the overwhelmingly positive feedback from alpha testers, I see no valid reason for me to hold off on my purchase. I make no recommendations as to what others should or should not do.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

On 7/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, TuFun said:

Edited by spilok

There is also the Minimum and Recommended system requirements on the Order page of the Microsoft Store. They do not show the Ideal as in the chart posted above. I wonder why they do not include those color charts that list the aircraft and airports? It's simply text, and those color charts are must easier to compare what you get in each version. Maybe there is a link I missed to said charts? I guess they don't want to scare people away from purchasing it. Anyway that's what almost all sites list is those two, such as Steam, etc... I meant with the Ideal specs 🙂

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Windows 10 is a matter of taste, but it is interesting to see that problems are surfacing, in regard with the OS itself.

Windows 7 started putting a fictional Administrator user on top of the real user, but Windows 10 made things worse.

So actually and sorry to say that, it`s funny to read that W10 doesn`t give you rights how to place your files the way you want it. It could be like a Mac, you must sync your device and upload all images to just copy one image. It does even sync on its own on a Mac.

I think if I would buy FS I would need a laptop just solely for FS. Microsoft can do whatever they like with their file structure mess and their spy then, I wouldn`t care about it.

And those who think they gonna start flaming, mostly this guy from Braunschweig and others, as I don`t want to contribute to Off Topic, don`t forget to update your Iphone and petting it every night before sleeping.