Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

This is a neew one on me..

2 hours ago, n4gix said:

Over the last few months I've received 'threat emails' from a would be 'blackmailer' who, in the course of his/her rambling email claimed to have secretly activated my computer's camera and recorded me doing something embarrassing...

...and threatened to send the video to everyone on my email client's list.

I ignored these emails since I don't have a camera on any of my computers!

Heck, I'm such a techno-luddite that I don't even have a "smart phone!" 😂

Eek! I had the same email. I paid. 🙁

• Upvote 2

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

54 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Mine isn't even a flip-phone!  I must be a caveman! :blink:

My phone may well be an LG 'clone' of your phone! Aside from the shape of the buttons, it is identical. I had a really nice flip phone years ago, but it was outpaced by new technology, and was no longer supported by anyone... :blink:

1 hour ago, Mace said:

I still have a flip phone.  It gets the job done for me.

It's kind of funny to me -- here I build my own PC's for FS with the latest hardware, and yet I'm still rolling around with a flip phone.  Bill I don't think we qualify as Luddites, since we're into flight sim, but we just like simple things sometimes...

My needs for a phone are simple: voice communications! Although I can receive and read SMS messages, for some darn reason I cannot seem to enter any replies, such as "Stop". It comes out as "Stttppp"

I get annoyed as well when someone embeds a "link" in an SMS message, since I don't HAVE a smart phone to "decode" the link...

...and trying to type it into a Chrome browser doesn't work.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

36 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I had the same email.

Not soon enough apparently. I was wondering why I got those pictures....

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

49 minutes ago, Ted Striker said:

Not soon enough apparently. I was wondering why I got those pictures....

I suppose you forwarded them to all and sundry. Swine!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I suppose you forwarded them to all and sundry. Swine!

Ah, gawd!  That's what that email was...... ew, gross! :unsure:

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Ah, gawd!  That's what that email was...... ew, gross! :unsure:

I don't know, I thought some of the shots were rather flattering 😏

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

I don't know, I thought some of the shots were rather flattering 😏

Trick photography! 😄

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I had $50 on you saying 'Photoshopped' 🙄

• Like 1

No modern gadgets here, just a flip phone for emergency.  Keep trying to persuade my wife to cancel the land-line, but it's extremely difficult and time-consuming dealing with mega-corporations in the modern age.  Have a television, never watch it, no cable subscription.  Intense modern media dislike.  

Bought a new toaster???  Seems like it will toast, broil, bake, fry, freeze, mix, pour and even eat the food for me.  Makes lot's of ridiculous un-needed, unwanted sounds.  Soon, I hear, one will be on the market that will run errands to the local grocery.  Can't wait.   

Computer can just barely run FSX nicely.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kttd said:

No modern gadgets here, just a flip phone for emergency.  Keep trying to persuade my wife to cancel the land-line, but it's extremely difficult and time-consuming dealing with mega-corporations in the modern age.  Have a television, never watch it, no cable subscription.  Intense modern media dislike.  

Bought a new toaster???  Seems like it will toast, broil, bake, fry, freeze, mix, pour and even eat the food for me.  Makes lot's of ridiculous un-needed, unwanted sounds.  Soon, I hear, one will be on the market that will run errands to the local grocery.  Can't wait.   

Computer can just barely run FSX nicely.

But you're happy right? 😁

I hear you mate.

Charlie - I see you have the limited Prison Burner Phone edition by Nokia - NICE! :cool:

14 hours ago, kttd said:

Keep trying to persuade my wife to cancel the land-line..

Just saying that a land line can be good to have depending upon circumstances: Where we live, it's a bit of a telecommunications black hole, so we have to have a booster box for the cell phones which is connected to our broadband router. We also have a landline with cordless phones. Now, during a power outage we lose cellphone signal and of course the cordless phones, so we have an old push button landline phone stashed away to plug into the socket - the telephone line has separate power so invariably that will work so we can contact the power company etc. 😉

If only someone would build a 4G mast on the neighbouring hillside we'd be fine I reckon! 4G has better range than 5G :tongue: and with a power outage we cannot get wifi or broadband anyhow. Not using my phone data for the internet under those circumstances, just use it as a phone...

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I still have and use a landline!  Cellphone is strictly for emergencies, like when driving and a need to call Triple A.  Also for the occasional text! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

On 7/15/2020 at 10:38 AM, charliearon said:

I still have and use a landline!  Cellphone is strictly for emergencies, like when driving and a need to call Triple A.  Also for the occasional text! 

Thank goodness I'm not the only one. My brother and two sisters have the latest iPhones. They think I'm nuts. My Tracfone works a charm. Why change?

1 hour ago, BillS511 said:

like when driving and a need to call Triple A.  Also for the occasional text! 

I tried texting whilst driving as well, but I kept running into things. 🙄

• Like 1

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

On 7/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, Ron Attwood said:

But you're happy right? 😁

I hear you mate.

The new toaster is happy for me, and displays the required emotion (depending on dial setting of course).  😊