Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Quality of included airports .. ?

9 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Fairly certain that discussing things like this is a violation of the NDA you signed. Be careful.

People need to relax a little bit.  

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

6 hours ago, SlowFlyer said:

Sometimes a little dirt and grime came make the virtual world seem more real, and have less of a cartoonish look to it.

Then somebody will complain that there are only three crack and rust variants on hanger type 3 large, etc........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

30 minutes ago, helloo said:

That ain't gonna happen.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

5 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

That ain't gonna happen.

Yea it's july 18th in a few hours and you know what that means.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, helloo said:

Maybe, but it’s also disrespectful to Microsoft and Asobo to push their buttons & disregard what they asked for - especially if you’re taking advantage of the privilege of playing the sim several months early.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

To me their airports look like you could enjoy your dinner from that apron. Definitely one of the reasons they look cartoonish.

This seems to be the case with a lot of flight sim stuff. Real airports are actually pretty filthy and battered when you get up close, a lot of the equipment is rusty, streaked with dirt and at most airports you'd be hard pressed to find a baggage truck, belt, highloader or pushback tug which doesn't have a bunch of scrapes and dings on it. Obviously the equipment has to be serviceable, but it doesn't have to be pristine in appearance and it rarely is. The one exception I see to this, is Jet 2's equipment, which is always very shiny and new looking (they get rid of GSE after 3 years, so all their stuff is nearly new) although it helps that their equipment is painted red rather than white, as most airport stuff is, that colour doesn't show the dirt as much.

Many pillars and masts etc on the ramp have crash barriers around them, similar to the ones you find at the edge of motorways;  these are always dented and scraped from vehicles having clanged into them. Near the FEPs, there are frequently battered and flattened bit of cones lying there which have been driven over and there are quite often crushed or busted chocks. The corners of most buildings and concrete pillars have bits chipped off them where vehicles have clipped them and most of the painted lines on the apron are quite worn unless they were done very recently.

All over the ramp you find bits of luggage tags, old suitcase padlocks, baby toys which have fallen out of prams, broken bits of ear defenders, hairslides, safety pins, scraps of paper, bits of scrap metal, bolts, screws etc, which have dropped off vehicles. This is why there is always a FOD check of the ramp done before an airliner comes on stand and is why the FOD bins at the head of the stand are nearly always full.

It's quite surprising how scruffy it is when you first see it. You'd think it would be pristine, and it looks it from a distance, but it most certainly isn't.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, FlyingInACessna said:

taking advantage of the privilege of playing the sim several months early.

who on earth would do that?

& who else would be ‘playing’?

only hardcore simmers here. 😉

It is true there is no seasonal change in the scenery as there is now in P3D?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

59 minutes ago, Chock said:

It's quite surprising how scruffy it is when you first see it. You'd think it would be pristine, and it looks it from a distance, but it most certainly isn't.

The picture you painted took me right back to my days in ground handling 15 years ago. It's amazing how the dirtyness hits you when you experience it not through an airplane window but up close.

And yes, even the high end payware airports  I own from some of the most reputable scenery designers only manage to capture it mediocre at best.

Maybe with the new tricks and features offered by MSFS SDK will the 3rd parties be able to take a good crack at creating authentic airport environments if it's something Asobo themselves don't fuss about.

7 hours ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Fairly certain that discussing things like this is a violation of the NDA you signed. Be careful.

How right you are.  You are only allowed to violate the NDA if you are bashing MSFS.  Examples abound.  And no one seems to care.

The quality of most airports will surprise you.  

Hook

• Like 5

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 hours ago, Noel said:

It is true there is no seasonal change in the scenery as there is now in P3D?

It is highly probable. The FS20 team repeatedly said that it would be post release. 

What we could have is a switch to have snow which is not seasons.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

22 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

What we could have is a switch to have snow which is not seasons.

This would suffice for me, at least for a while.

Siggy Schwarz

On 7/17/2020 at 2:50 PM, daniel_schm said:

You may just have a look on the pre-order pages. There are a few shots from european airports like Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

Uhm, help me out here. On any of the pre-order pages I just see the same new ad pic with the Cub, Airbus and Citation. Nothing of those airports. Where are they?

I guess the matter at hand shows there is room for addon scenery developers to add more dirty and realistic scenery to replace the more pristine looking default. Though, it might be too narrow an audience to really pay the bills. 

Strange to see so many people here policing the ms nda. I dont want to contribute to breaking it, but im sure ms can do the policing themselves. Meanwhile I will enjoy the little «slip ups» and gain some more info on the new sim. Knowledge is power, as they say over in Azeroth. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Strange to see so many people here policing the ms nda.

Probably not any more than police the p3d EULA.........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5