Sign in to follow this  
XMAN

No internet

Will i someday be able to buy the DVD then install it and activate it over the phone like i do with FSX? 

Almost certainly not. You can get it on DVD, but the old activation system doesn't even exist anymore.

Edited by bonchie

So i will be able to install it on a computer with no internet connection?  i dont have home internet

This might be a good question to ask on the forum of the people selling the DVD set.  If you find a good answer, please let us know.

Or, if someone else has already found out for sure, we'd love to know.  I could speculate but that won't do any good to anyone.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

That sounds like a lot of hassle. 
I am sure the will be huge (Gigabytes) updates regularly the first year. How will you deal with that?

What about getting new aircrafts/airports?

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

You will need to redeem the included code against your Microsoft account during the installation, this can only be done online.

Ok i have dialup internet , and i can activate other stuff using it and wonder if i will activate ms2020

20 minutes ago, XMAN said:

Ok i have dialup internet , and i can activate other stuff using it and wonder if i will activate ms2020

Dial up?! Where are you, 1999? 

• Like 1

It says on the DVD set article that an Internet connection is still required...

I'm sure you can find the article on Google somewhere.

Chris Camp

4 hours ago, RandyGiles said:

You will need to redeem the included code against your Microsoft account during the installation, this can only be done online.

Are you Microsoft personal walking among us. . .?

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Dial up?! Where are you, 1999? 

Around 21 million Americans alone do not have access to broadband. About 3.7 billion people worldwide have no internet access. Those of us who do are very fortunate.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Are you Microsoft personal walking among us. . .?

Haha no, I've used both the Xbox store and Windows store enough to know exactly how this works as this isn't the first time Microsoft have released a Microsoft Store game physically so they already have a system in place.

Take a look at the back of my own manual from my physical copy of Halo Wars 2 to see how it works:

https://imgur.com/CrQ1hsl

The blurb at the bottom is the important bit "This is a digital version of Halo Wars 2 which you can install via physical media" - I guarantee that MSFS will be exactly the same.

2a, the important note is also actually important also.

• Upvote 3

Its a sim primarily based on streaming 100’s of megabytes of scenery when you fly. I doubt this is a good sim choice if you don’t have decent internet.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

12 minutes ago, Hyperfocal said:

Around 21 million Americans alone do not have access to broadband. About 3.7 billion people worldwide have no internet access. Those of us who do are very fortunate.

Yes, but there are only 2 billion computers in the world too.  So almost all those people that dont have access to broadband also dont have a computer.

To play modern aaa gaming you need internet access.  Its not 1990 anymore where games are released as a final product. Its where we are at now.

Games are bought from online market places (steam etc) and require downloading.  A lot of them require online login authentication, updates etc.  And hard copies of games you do buy generally come with a launcher that you run and it downloads the game.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I’m guessing a lot of people here aren’t Steam gamers, so they don’t realise how central good internet is to modern gaming.

So 3.7 billion people worldwide don’t have internet? Ok, well, then they’re not Asobo’s target market.

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."