Sign in to follow this  
Andy-

Instant Replay Function

1 hour ago, Javiz said:

Acually i was talking about 'Instant Replay'.  Just a few moments to look at your aircraft and your pilot skills... Especially landings/take-off's.

Heck, for me, that's the best part of the flight! I'm a real sucker for good landing replays, but we need a solid & easy to manipulate camera system to go with it.

Edited by hangar
  • Like 2

For those who are wondering:

Check the reply for my comment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvRSstkSMQ&lc=Ugxzm00azGGndh8QI1h4AaABAg.9C0oRiezfV09C0reKRkf4a

So at first there will no replay function at first, perhaps later. I think it will be our job to nag Microsoft later at their forums to implement 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I was on Chewwy94's Twitch channel and somebody asked the same question in chat about instant replay.  Chewwy94 didn't notice an instant replay function either (not sure if he really searched for it though).

Anyways, I hope Asobo releases an instant replay function in a future patch.  Instant replay makes the flight sim that much more fun.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

On 7/31/2020 at 9:56 AM, G-RFRY said:

Until release we will not know but my guess is yes, and may even be as bad as the present one.  

🤣

André

So strange that a feature that has been in almost every previous version is no longer implemented.  I am doing my part to make the thread more noticeable.  🙂

• Like 2

Instant Replay? Count me in!

I'd gladly support a payware add-on for a full-featured replay feature as opposed to a limited or watered-down function as has been the case in past version of MSFS.  If none of you ever played with Matthias Neusinger's excellent FS Recorder tool (still listed here in the Avsim library) for FS9 or FSX, it truly showed the potential of what you can do with a proper playback tool. 

It provided the ability to record a track and in addition to playing it back, you could play it back as AI traffic, such that the plane you recorded was then shown as an AI plane and did exactly what you did when you recorded it, as an AI element.  So you could record a flight starting on the runway, takeoff and do some aerobatics, land and stop the recording.  Then replay it back as AI, and be in a plane right next to it, and take off with it and do those aerobatics and land in formation.  Plus you could record that, and play it back, and then you'd have two AI airplanes flying an aerobatic routine in formation, and of course you could fly alongside them and be the third plane in formation.  Of course you could even record and play back different aircraft types in the same flight using this technique.  The possibilities are almost endless for far more interests than what I used it for, but I got some truly incredible screenshots and video content doing that.  Per below example.  

Imagine any type of challenge or situation that you find interesting that you'd like to capture and practice against yourself to improve upon.  Simulated air racing, etc. Or creating scenarios with other types of aircraft interacting with each other as traffic etc.  That's the potential that recording and playing back features have.  Other sims out there have some good playback capabilities but still fall short of what I'm describing here, and this particular feature set would really open up a lot of doors, particularly in such a groundbreaking new paradigm for simulation.  Because you can't always find willing or available fellow pilots in Multiplayer.

And ahhhhhh, the good ol' RealAir Decathlon.   What a fun airplane it was for such flights.  I sure hope to see one for MFS20!!  

QUt3Ex6.jpg

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Stoopy - wow!  I hadn't come across FS Recorder but it sounds amazing - I would definately pay for an add-on like that.  I really hope FS2020 comes with a little something though, even if only the last few seconds from an external view - with a "fly by" camera for example.  My real life landings are so bad, I need the positivity of seeing a few greasers in the sim every now and then!

• Like 1

The video by Squirrel where he hovers the 152 over the runway clearly demonstrates the learning and teaching potential of the sim, which would appear to be very much in the spirit of the developer’s intentions for the software. I would think that a flight recorder and playback system would be very valuable in this respect so I strongly encourage Asobo to consider implementing one if they haven’t already or have it planned. As has been stated in this thread, it’s been possible in the past so I suspect the new sim won’t be different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It's hard to believe there's no replay functionality.  I'll often watch my landing replay a few times from different angles.

Record/replay everything, including flight control surfaces (of 3rd party aircraft too), unlike P3D/FSX.

Matthew S

A naive question : 13 000 testers did their job without a replay and without shouting their head off for one ? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

52 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

A naive question : 13 000 testers did their job without a replay and without shouting their head off for one ? 

Wondering the same, did the replay function slip through? 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Tester have been complaining about the lack of replay mode since the beginning of alpha. I guess they have other priorities.

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Hopefully Asobo was alerted to the many flaws of the old FSX system and how it interacts with add-ons so they decided to do a complete rebuild but it just isn't ready for release.

Hopefully...

• Like 1