Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

How many people ordered the full deluxe version???

Yep

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

The real income will come from in sim store addons, MS have been getting third party`s up and running as soon as possible, when you see free games generating millions with in game purchases and over a billion dollars for some.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I did as well. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I will make my own super-duper deluxe package by just buying the standard version  then with the money saved buying a selection of orbx airports and 3rd party aircraft that I actually want and will use rather than Microsoft’s random selection.

The 3rd party stuff seems like it will be available a lot sooner than I had anticipated.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Bought and paid waiting to install on my freshly formatted PC.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I'm gonna go with the game pass first. When they release VR and (it's decent) and see that they have a roadmap for updating the default planes to something decent I'll buy the Premium Deluxe.

12 hours ago, Chock said:

This assumes that any and all TPDs would in no way be dependent on features which are part of the included elements of the super-duper versions of the sim.

To elaborate, let's look at two aeroplanes which are in the Super-Sexy Deluxe version, but not in the other versions - the Boeing 787 and the Cirrus SR22. The 787's controls are based on those of the Triple Seven, the SR22 has a ballistic recovery system.

Now the fine points, or even the basic function of these systems, might not currently be included in the sim incarnations of these aeroplanes, but there is always the possibility of this being added even if it is not currently the case. So let's say a TPD wants to make a Symphony SA-160. Well that has a ballistic recovery system, so an included default aeroplane which had that feature would be an obvious avenue to go down in creating another aeroplane with such a system. Or if they wanted to make a Triple Seven, then the 787's control system would presumably be a good starting point for that and it might even use default sim gauges found only in the 787 and the 777.

There are plenty of TPD aeroplanes for FSX, P3D and XPlane which use this method of creation, by utilising the gauges or whatever which are part of default aeroplanes.

So we may find, down the line, that a TPD aeroplane might require one to upgrade a standard version in order to make that add-on work. This occurred in FSX, where the Acceleration expansion's fancier engine modeling was necessary to make A2A's stuff work in the sim.

Very interesting...I never thought of this.

I appreciate your insight and was not aware of some add-on's need for default assets to function. Makes a lot of sense. With that being said, if this is the case, the "Super Duper Sexy Premium Deluxe" version would be a sound choice if 3rd party content is something you intend to invest in.

Might as well go all in. 🙂

• Like 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

I did. Very happy to see the return of Microsoft Flight Simulator. 

Craig Sells

2 hours ago, leon310 said:

Money pit.

Spent more on a round of golf. One of those bucket list things ,18 holes Pebble Beech $495 at the time  🙂

• Like 2

Semper Fi 

3 hours ago, jon b said:

I will make my own super-duper deluxe package by just buying the standard version  then with the money saved buying a selection of orbx airports and 3rd party aircraft that I actually want and will use rather than Microsoft’s random selection.

The 3rd party stuff seems like it will be available a lot sooner than I had anticipated.

Think I am in the same boat. I was was going to get Premium despite the fact I'd only use a handful of the extra airports and planes. But now I've seen the serious lack of landmarks in non-photogrammetry areas I think I will need to save my pennies to buy those from a third party. That coupled with uncertainty over the quality of the additional airports and aircrafts, is pushing me towards the basic version. I will be buying on Steam because MS has changes how their selling platform every 5 minutes and I've read a lot of bad stuff about UWP.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Haven't done so yet, but I'll be getting the premium deluxe version.  Since I have no intension of paying for additional aircraft or scenery, it's the best choice.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]