Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Cost to upgrade?

Does anyone know if you can later upgrade from Standard to Deluxe or Premium? Not sure yet if I find the latter two worth the money - depends on the quality of the default planes. I might rather put the $60 towards a high quality payware plane later on.

Only found the following on Microsoft's FAQ section:

Q: Will I be able to upgrade editions?

A: Yes it is possible, but the most cost-efficient way to purchase Microsoft Flight Simulator is to buy the edition you are interested in.

What’s the problem? The text says that you can upgrade your version, but it will cost a bit more than buying the desired edition at the first place.

From Standard to Premium you need to pay 60 extra bucks and if you want to upgrade it might be possible that you need to pay 70 instead (or something like that)

Edited by schneper32

Just now, schneper32 said:

What’s the problem? The text says that you can upgrade your version, but it will cost a bit more than buying the desired edition at the first place.

He's wondering how much more it will cost.  I am too.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Well, I think we will know at launch. I guess it will be 5 - 10 bucks more. 

We'd rather have the exact numbers.  I can guess all day long but that won't help.  I don't know why those numbers haven't been published yet.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

9 minutes ago, LHookins said:

We'd rather have the exact numbers.  I can guess all day long but that won't help.  I don't know why those numbers haven't been published yet.

Hook

Hopefully they are busy getting the launch right  🙂

• Like 1

Bert

32 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

Correct, I'm an exact numbers kind of guy. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, LHookins said:

We'd rather have the exact numbers.  I can guess all day long but that won't help. 

I intercepted a message which had the actual cost of the upgrade from Standard to Premium Deluxe, however, it was sent by the Lizard People from the Draco Constellation, so it was in the currency of their homeworld on Draco IV: Three and a Half Galactic Shillings. Dunno what the exchange rate for that is, so I guess we'll have to wait until MS announce it.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

My subpar math skills tell me it will be $34.50 for Deluxe upgrade and $69.00 to upgrade to the max version.

Taking bets, right now.

• Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

11 minutes ago, Chock said:

sent by the Lizard People 

Ask David Icke then.😉 Or the Royal Family if you believe what he says.😃

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

I intercepted a message which had the actual cost of the upgrade from Standard to Premium Deluxe, however, it was sent by the Lizard People from the Draco Constellation, so it was in the currency of their homeworld on Draco IV: Three and a Half Galactic Shillings. Dunno what the exchange rate for that is, so I guess we'll have to wait until MS announce it.

Could you post the message in case someone knows the exchange rate? Some of us are wondering what the cost to upgrade is and that would be helpful since you know the actual cost. Thanks.

Just now, NightOfDreams said:

Could you post the message in case someone knows the exchange rate? Some of us are wondering what the cost to upgrade is and that would be helpful since you know the actual cost. Thanks.

Hey, I translated the message for you, you want me to do all the work?! 🤣

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

There was another message with it from a chick dressed in white, something about help from Obi Wan Kentucky being her only hope. It only played once so I can't be sure.

Alan Bradbury

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

There was another message with it from a chick dressed in white, something about help from Obi Wan Kentucky being her only hope. It only played once so I can't be sure.

Send her a note to let her know to contact Chewtobaccky. Maybe he and Hans Olo can help her along with the Millennial Pigeon...

• Like 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

1 hour ago, schneper32 said:

What’s the problem?

NightOfDreams doesn't have a problem. Not sure why you think he would.

A very relevant question. I sure would like to know. I do believe Microsoft should have made this clear to the public before publishing the pricing of the 3 packs. This way people could have made an informed decision on what option to purchase.

• Upvote 1

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate