Sign in to follow this  
Alberto Zanot

Any objective review out there?

I have render resolution set to 70% on my 4K monitor. Running on ultra for now and it helps.

• Like 4

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

20 minutes ago, Superdelphinus said:

That doesn’t make any sense to me. Where are you flying, and what do you mean by ‘pleasant’? You must be getting >60fps across the board at high end 1440p with that equipment. 

Peoples mileage will vary. Even the speed that areas are being downloaded at can have an effect.

At high end settings, I easily get 60fps in NY with no stutters, whereas some people are reporting that cities are unapproachable.....

Peoples mileage definitely varies.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I very briefly flew around Minneapolis at 3440x1440 on high settings and it was butter smooth. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It stutters. It’s not bad, but I wouldn’t like to try a large jet in it. Seems my stuttering is caused by the sound, and that’s using an external sound card. Will try disable live traffic. 
Speaking of which, I’ve just watched a jet land two thirds of the way down the runway. Realised it couldn’t make it. And simply disappear. 

9900KS water cooled 5ghz 

2080ti @3840x1600 

32gb ram 

ive heard live traffic stutters and kills framerates

• Like 1

Seen more online videos without stuttering than with, that said I am expecting a sideshow until my machine gets upgraded... !

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Anybody reporting stutters should add to the report not only the GPU/CPU pair but also the speed of the streaming connection. FS20 is supposed to adapt the streaming to the user bandwidth but it not yet clear if it works as announced.. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

There is also a known issue with OBS causing stutters. Seems like the majority of youtubers are using OBS. Those using Shadowplay are seeing substantially better results. Note the stutters are present in the recorded video, but NOT in the actual game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alberto Zanot said:

1 - Bad stuttering i see in every video.

Can you be objective first? lol

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

The OP's topic is on point; there is no doubt, whatsoever, that we haven't seen visuals & weather like this before.

However, as some note - that's not all that a sim is, and many reviewers are staying away from topics where the sim currently needs to make up some distance.

An example is IFR navigation and systems (ignoring ATC). Try googling to find out about flight planning based on real-world practices (arguably a pretty important facet) and you'll find little to no mention. You will find discussions of how great the aircraft look and that you can press lots of buttons, but the GPS / flight plan systems don't seem to do much. I haven't seen an example of someone entering an approach and having it load up.

This could be different in release, but as noted, I haven't seen it yet.

Flight models and control sensitivity are indeed something that's mentioned, but many "reviews" stay away from a critical look at these topics.

Frankly, the team has done an astounding job, and, I think, re-introduced MSFS in a way nobody expected. But when you look at the various videos they've posted compared to what we're seeing as launch features, It's apparent that there's still a way to go.

• Upvote 2

Yes, can someone be objective in a way that supports my subjectivity please?

• Like 1

The simple matter is this, IMO, is going to be the future sim for all of us for years to come. No other simulator has come close to what MSFS offers when you look at the big picture. Of course there will be problems at launch and probably 6 months from now. Go buy it and make your own onion. We all use this simulator quite differently and no review will be perfect for how you use it. 

It's $60 - about the cost of two payware airports. Go out and try it. Support the future of flight simulation as a hobby. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fort Lauderdale Executive (FXE) - PPL ASEL

i9 12900k @ 5.2 - 32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 - 3080TI - W11

On my end (3600, 16gb, 2070 Super, Installed on an HDD WD Black Caviar (OOS in my SSD). Playing at 2560x1440p. (An average System)

Terrain Vector Data: Ultra

Texture Resolution: Ultra

Texture Synthesis: Ultra

AF: 16x

Supersampling: 4x4

HDR10: ON

Everything else on High

Using Intelligent Standby Cleaner on the background.

RivaTunerStatistics (a well know app that takes 2 or 3 fps out) 

I'm getting between 50/55 FPS (Non-Airliners), 40/45FPS (Airliners)

As every single simulator that i know (Iracing, Hell Let Loose, Arma3, P3D, Xplane, Squad, Post Scriptum,  etc) it needs tweaking here and there, its not going to work out of the box.

Edited by tangerine
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, turner112 said:

The OP's topic is on point; there is no doubt, whatsoever, that we haven't seen visuals & weather like this before.

However, as some note - that's not all that a sim is, and many reviewers are staying away from topics where the sim currently needs to make up some distance.

An example is IFR navigation and systems (ignoring ATC). Try googling to find out about flight planning based on real-world practices (arguably a pretty important facet) and you'll find little to no mention. You will find discussions of how great the aircraft look and that you can press lots of buttons, but the GPS / flight plan systems don't seem to do much. I haven't seen an example of someone entering an approach and having it load up.

This could be different in release, but as noted, I haven't seen it yet.

Flight models and control sensitivity are indeed something that's mentioned, but many "reviews" stay away from a critical look at these topics.

Frankly, the team has done an astounding job, and, I think, re-introduced MSFS in a way nobody expected. But when you look at the various videos they've posted compared to what we're seeing as launch features, It's apparent that there's still a way to go.

Well flight sims are robust programs unlike any other game / sim.

There are many things to admire, and yes issues to point out. Will the average game reviewer be well versed in systems to get that detailed into the review? I heard some talking about using a mouse and keyboard...so they may not all have the appropriate controllers to speak on that end.

There are flight sims out there today with issues for years, bug fixes and enhancement, and then more issues after that (Ahh Cha-Vulkan...excuse me).

The bottom line is, will you buy it based on the reviews alone...or will you buy it because you have seen enough (beyond the reviews) and think that it is worth it...with an expectation that it will get better.

Steam does give refunds...so  you can buy it...see for yourself...and then get a refund if you don't like it.

"Stutters" are such a subjective thing that it's impossible to really have this discussion.

Go pay $1 for Gamepass and try it out. One man's stutter is another man's smooth. That goes for P3D and XP11 as well. You'll get one person saying P3D stutters like crazy and another saying it's fine. The entire concept of "microstutters" has always been incredibly hard to pin down.

If you look hard enough, you'll find someone to tell you it's a stuttery mess. I didn't experience that in the Beta with much worse specs than you.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Something funny is going on. 

Specs are in my signature and I run Ultra with no issues. (at 3440x1440)

A few slow downs yes. Stutters? Never. 

• Like 5

Tim Curtis

MSFS2020, i7-9900k 5.0Ghz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia 3080, 48" LG OLED CX